WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need Positive Thoughts And Preyers Please

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You will be alright AJ. Let the Docs do their job and then follow their instructions afterwards.

Think of the good drugs that will be giving ya :)

You will be like Robo Rancher when you get this done and will start feeling much better.

sonicss31

Reaction score
Best of luck to you. Remember to follow up with the recommendations on PT. :cool:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
a friend just did that a month ago.
he was walking the dog in 2 weeks.fine.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Good luck. My wife had one of her hips replaced about 5 years ago. Surgery at 8am and was home walking at noon. We are hoping to ge tthe other hip replaced on May 7th.

EDIT: We went hiking in Yosemite 6 weeks later.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
You got this
step-mom has had both hips replaced. She was walking on the beach within weeks. One surgery was 6 weeks before her youngest daughters wedding - she was dancing at the wedding

lbhsbz

Reaction score
You’ll be fine. My mom had a hip replacement a month ago and walked out of the hospital.

Water Romper

Reaction score
By the time you read these posts, you will be recovering and watching re-runs of Little House on the Prairie - As RodnJen stated, modern technology makes this procedure pretty much a out patient procedure. However, with that said, its never easy having a procedure. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way from the RDP gang, you will be up and walking in no time!

PaPaG

Reaction score
Good Luck and prayers that you will be jogging without pain soon :)

Mototrig

Reaction score
You got this!! These doc's these days have done this surgery countless times. You'll be good 💪

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
You will be ready to bust a move hopefully in no time.

Follow Dr’s orders and things should smoothly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Looks like this is a procedure they really have perfected. A post surgery good PT program, with your doctor’s approval, is vital. Put it on Auto pilot and just cruise thru this. You’ll do great.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Best of luck!

For what it’s worth my wife’s dad had this done in his 70s, and was up on it inside 24hrs.
Also said the hip is WAY! less painful than a knee.

parker guy

Reaction score
Best of luck, my Dad had both hips done...walking a couple hours after...you got this

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Buddy had his done last week and he’s up and at it already! Good luck, you will be fine

Attachments

• 42CBBCB9-5DAA-489D-98D6-FBA7FA09E4D4.png
    42CBBCB9-5DAA-489D-98D6-FBA7FA09E4D4.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 43

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I have a very painful right hip and reading all of this has me thinking I need to get this done.

Joker

Reaction score
I have a very painful right hip and reading all of this has me thinking I need to get this done.
I’m only 55 and need it done but the doctor said he doubted it would outlast me as you only get one replacement. Mine is bone on bone and hurts like a mofo. I’m also putting more pressure on my other side which will deteriorate that one as well.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I’m only 55 and need it done but the doctor said he doubted it would outlast me as you only get one replacement. Mine is bone on bone and hurts like a mofo. I’m also putting more pressure on my other side which will deteriorate that one as well.
I'm 59 on the 20th of this month I don't know if it's bone on bone but it also hurts like a mofo. Been limping on it for years.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Subscribed. I will be doing the same thing later this year. Dr gave me a cortisone shot to help with the pain until ii have the surgery.

Good Luck and stay well!!

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Subscribed. I will be doing the same thing later this year. Dr gave me a cortisone shot to help with the pain until ii have the surgery.

Good Luck and stay well!!
How long does it last? How much does it help? Is it painful to get the shot?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Get well soon AJ!
Hips are a very common procedure and rarely go awry. You'll be out and about before you know it.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
How long do the shots last?
How long does it last? How much does it help? Is it painful to get the shot?
It has really helped me to regain some normalcy in life. My Dr. will only do it every 3 months. I have an appt to get my second one next week. I started noticing the pain back a couple weeks ago. The Dr told me that the shots can cause the cartilage to breakdown, but in my case there is no more cartilage left.

The shot is really not bad compared to the hip pain. They do it under an x-ray so that it can be injected directly into the joint. They first give you a shot or 2 to numb it, then they do the cortisone. There are some YouTube videos on it.