WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need some advise

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
This week has been a rough week for vehicles in my household...

Monday I ended up in the back of a lexus after a young girl decided to cross a double yellow to get to a Starbucks, car in front of me locked it up and I ended up in the back of him. No worries, no injury, core support and vitals are all good.

Now the big one...

Yesterday morning my wife was on her way to work in the 2500hd diesel when a lady blew a red and punched my wife in the front wheel. Split transfer case, blew the front diff to pieces, shifted the cowl and hurt my wife. Wife will be ok, soft tissue injuries and sore.

The problem i see on the horizon is that her insurance (geico) will try to cut me a check for pennies for my loss. I need advice on how to make sure I don't get stiffed. Hell those one piece rotary forged wheels were $3500 alone, not to mention the other $3200 in the shell, plus suspension, recent injectors/motorwork to the tune of $8700.
20200929_191359.jpg
20200929_191405.jpg
20200929_191412.jpg
20200929_191426.jpg
Resized_20201003_072140.jpg
Resized_20201003_072151.jpg
Resized_20201003_072203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

senorpdog

Reaction score
Do you have the add on coverage for the wheels? And truck looks new enough depending on miles that they would go factory parts

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
My truck is fine, its a 2019 silverado and all the hard parts are good to go.

Its the 03 duramax I'm worried about

senorpdog

Reaction score
With the way geico does their evaluations it will probably be a total.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yeah I figured it would be that way. Problem is if they try to hand me a check for 5k there is not a chance in hell I could replicate that truck for even double that.

senorpdog

Reaction score
Yeah I would start pulling up sold ads on eBay and then pull up any and all ads similar to that truck and collect the receipts for everything you’ve ever done to the truck it is a negotiation always let them offer first I have seen it numerous times where they make a mistake and offer way more than the truck is worth.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Good to know, I am afraid they will shoot super low on the truck

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Holy crap!
First off, I really hope your wife's ok. I know you both know the drill, from the work side, but probably day 2 and 3 are the ass kickers. About that time things seem to loosen up a bit and you realize things hurt that didn't.

As for "comps" for your 03, get lots of them and get a file started. There should be more than a few listed for sale around where you live or work. I'm piecing together an 04 right now, so I know where you're coming from. The cost to replace is outrageous.

The other thing would be to ask for your truck back...either for repair/reconstruction, or to sell the engine to a diesel shop. It would suck in terms of the leg work, but may help you recoup some costs.

Tooned Up

Reaction score
If you had full coverage with the HD, most likely your insurance company will be paying you out and going after the other parties insurance for their loss. If you are not happy with what they come back to you with you can ask for comps in your area for similar vehicles. Once that is done if they don’t agree with the comps pulled, they may appoint an independent appraiser. This is speaking from my experience with State Farm being my insurance company. It was a bit of a fight, but it weighed HEAVILY in my favor as the end result. You can PM if you like for more info.

braindead

Reaction score
im glad to hear you and the wifey are ok, that’s a lot of accidents for a week.

I know I shouldn’t be endorsing this but you might want to think about hiring a lawyer. Those earlier diesels are hard to come buy without hundreds of thousands of miles on them and all the comps are going to reflect that. Not to mention the time u get to waste taking your car, that someone else damaged to the body shop, getting the rental car so u have something to drive and then repeating the process to return the car and get yours back, the victim gets the shaft. Sorry, I went through this a couple months age after someone backed into me while I was working.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
AAA paid out good on my old body style 07. Lift, rims, tires, reg that was paid month before etc..
First offer was like 18k. And adjuster said if he’s missing something let him know and he’d add. I was good, Well over what I figured I’d get.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
If you had full coverage with the HD, most likely your insurance company will be paying you out and going after the other parties insurance for their loss. If you are not happy with what they come back to you with you can ask for comps in your area for similar vehicles. Once that is done if they don’t agree with the comps pulled, they may appoint an independent appraiser. This is speaking from my experience with State Farm being my insurance company. It was a bit of a fight, but it weighed HEAVILY in my favor as the end result. You can PM if you like for more info.
Yeah I appreciate any info you can send over.

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
About 4 years ago I let my daughter-in-law borrow a 2003 Suburban, put it in her name, she insured it until she could find something else. She picked up my grandkids from pre-school and some mutant decides he should have gone straight in the direction he was heading but instead made a right. Realizing he should have gone straight he pulls a u-turn over 2 double yellow lines and my daughter-in-law t-bones the guy right in the passenger door with a guy sitting in the passenger seat. Luckily no one was injured. Both cars totaled. I bought the Burb for $3,800.00, the insurance company paid $4,500.00 and told me to keep the Burb????What? Also with the clean title! She told me to do what I want with it. They're tired of having to have the car towed and I guess they have to pay a storage fee till the vehicle sells for parts or whatever. Insurance companies don't want to deal with the hassle, Farmers leaves it up to you.
Anyway, I put this totaled Burb on Craigslist for $1,000.00, a guy calls no sooner than I listed it, he wanted to come at 7:00 that night and he'd pay the full amount and would he would be at my house with AAA tow truck with the cash. He just wanted the motor & trans. About 2 weeks later, I see an ad on Craigslist with the pic I took when I was selling it from the guy that bought it from me with no engine or trans. Done, I made $1,700.00 and drove that Burb for 3 years.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
First off don’t deal with HER insurance. You are not their customer... you’re a red stain on a spreadsheet.

You have insurance for a reason. To protect you. You’ll have to pay a deductible. But that will all be included in the total amount of the claim from your insurance to hers. Get all your receipts comps quotes etc in order and go for the full amount. Don’t forget to see a doctor and file all those medical expenses along with it. Plus your deductible. Aka subrogation. Don’t be surprised with all those addons that your truck(s) get totaled out. Kbb on a nbs is next to nothing... market value is a diff story of course.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
First off don’t deal with HER insurance. You are not their customer... you’re a red stain on a spreadsheet.

You have insurance for a reason. To protect you. You’ll have to pay a deductible. But that will all be included in the total amount of the claim from your insurance to hers. Get all your receipts comps quotes etc in order and go for the full amount. Don’t forget to see a doctor and file all those medical expenses along with it. Plus your deductible. Aka subrogation. Don’t be surprised with all those addons that your truck(s) get totaled out. Kbb on a nbs is next to nothing... market value is a diff story of course.
And thats what I told my wife, the insurance of the lady who hit her was quick to call my wife. My wife responded with im in the hospital and she couldn't talk. I told my wife to just lay low, she doesn't need to be in contact with them. Let geico sit an simmer on it, they are going to try and press her because they are worried about the medical liability. Piss off geico, let her just worry about feeling better, they can wait.

yz450mm

Reaction score
And thats what I told my wife, the insurance of the lady who hit her was quick to call my wife. My wife responded with im in the hospital and she couldn't talk. I told my wife to just lay low, she doesn't need to be in contact with them. Let geico sit an simmer on it, they are going to try and press her because they are worried about the medical liability. Piss off geico, let her just worry about feeling better, they can wait.

I dealt with Geico a couple years ago on a claim for a side-by-side roll over, the whole process was pretty easy. The guy that came out to inspect it was totally cool, him and I agreed that it should be totaled and that is exactly what happened, they paid out 800 more than what I owed.

The people on the other end of the phone are just people, if you have your research done and can provide them with comps, then it shouldn't be that hard to get them to pay out what is due to you. If they don't want to play ball, then get your insurance involved and let them deal with it.

As a side note, every single person that runs a red light deserves to be hit with a RPG. Point blank, no exceptions, fuck them. The red light running pandemic needs to stop, it's insane nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk