WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need the right glue...

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Hello all;

I have a GE spacemaker range in my rental. It turns out its an odd ball 27" wide unit that is built in. My tenant managed to break the oven door handle off. I would be happy to replace the entire thing if I could get one at a reasonable price but until I remodel the unit, this stays. Being its an odd size, no replacement handle I've found fits. The data tag on the edge of the oven body where the door meets is worn off. If someone knows of another place the model number would be located, I am all ears.

I am down to getting a generic that doesn't bolt up but is reasonable and making some aluminum plates for the handle to bolt to (assuming the generic isn't flat backed ) and gluing the whole thing to the glass front.

Thoughts on what glue to use with the heat cycle of the glass outer door skin?

Appreciate any help I can get. The bolt holes in the door are 21" on center.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Hello all;

I have a GE spacemaker range in my rental. It turns out its an odd ball 27" wide unit that is built in. My tenant managed to break the oven door handle off. I would be happy to replace the entire thing if I could get one at a reasonable price but until I remodel the unit, this stays. Being its an odd size, no replacement handle I've found fits. The data tag on the edge of the oven body where the door meets is worn off. If someone knows of another place the model number would be located, I am all ears.

I am down to getting a generic that doesn't bolt up but is reasonable and making some aluminum plates for the handle to bolt to (assuming the generic isn't flat backed ) and gluing the whole thing to the glass front.

Thoughts on what glue to use with the heat cycle of the glass outer door skin?

Appreciate any help I can get. The bolt holes in the door are 21" on center.

if you can find a metal handle, I’d use rear view mirror adhesive from the auto parts store.
The outer glass shouldn’t get anywhere near as hot as a windshield sitting in the sun.

edit: is this a range or a built in oven? Got a picture of the unit?

rrrr

Reaction score
Try Sears Parts Direct. Enter as much info as you know and see what it spits out.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the configuration correctly, but JB Weld Steel Stik works on a ton of stuff. You can drill and tap it too if needed.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Bolt on a towel bar call it good.

Been having good luck with jb weld marine.

Heylam

Reaction score
I think you’d have better luck finding a longer handle that will bolt on, and then cutting it to proper length in the middle and rejoining it with a support brace across the length.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Just use a towel rack - cut the rod down to what width you need and use some badass epoxy to hold it on.
You're welcome.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
if you can find a metal handle, I’d use rear view mirror adhesive from the auto parts store.
The outer glass shouldn’t get anywhere near as hot as a windshield sitting in the sun.

edit: is this a range or a built in oven? Got a picture of the unit?
This was my thought also.......

Although I am going to chase a few of the leads on a proper fitting handle that people have tossed out.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Just use a RamSet. That should work well. Just use a light load at first