WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles area river water level

Aaron

Reaction score
I've heard the water is way high on the river right now. I am planning on going out this week. Any one able to confirm or deny this?
Thanks in advance

Haiger

Reaction score
I will confirm! I was out there over the weekend and it was very high. You would have to try very hard to find a rock bar to hit.

Hye Power

Reaction score
Yep was there this past weekend. Saw a 28 foot deck boat up by the needles bridge, so you should be fine.

Aaron

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the response. Were there any beaches. We are at the Rio Buena Vista and one of my neighbors said there was no beach because the water was so high

satellitemike

Reaction score
Very few beaches between the bridge and topock. Water is very high but it had created another problem, shit on the river banks is now floating freely. I hit a 2 inch by 6 foot branch and it got hung up on my outdrive.

Aaron

Reaction score
This is very helpful. Thank you guys

rolltide

Reaction score
It's up in Parker, I was out there this past weekend. This is in accordance to the annual volume of Colorado River waters guaranteed to Mexico under the Treaty of 1944, of 1,500,000 acre-feet. My neighbor is in the water biz and says there is an increased demand due to new homes being built in Mexico...

Aaron

Reaction score
That cool info. I wasn't aware that was a reason for more water to be released. I am sure either way it will be a good time this week. Just gotta get work finished up and I am outta here!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Mexico isn't getting any more water than they normally do. They're just getting more of their share right now, rather than spaced out over time.

The primary purpose is to flood the delta and replenish beaches and habitat, which have been pretty stagnant for a decade or so. After a few weeks of flooding, the water will be throttled back to slightly below normal flow, until the system balances back out and things can get back to normal.

shueman

Reaction score
Should see continued high water flows through April into early May...