WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles boat and car show. --- PICTURES ---

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went up to Needles and had an absolute blast. I was always under the impression it was a tiny event that was more a gathering of friends then a boat show. That was NOT the case.. I heard anywhere from 150 - 190 boats showed up? (not confirmed) and there was an amazing amount of cars on display as well. My only regret is I waited this long to go up to one of them and check it out. Well done Billy B.

(Pic's coming)

RD

Attachments

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is an interesting story.. This boat was a barn find and is the original Honcho that Sharp Shooters was based off of.

Attachments

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Still have more to go, but I think I'm going to have to finish uploading the rest later.

RD

Attachments

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I need a mass uploader into the forums.. LOL

Pretty sure this is Dave Noyes boat.. He is the person that runs Irvine lake, and allows them to put on the v-drive regattas there.

2nd boat, I just love the way injection looks.

RD

Attachments

Reaction score
Going to try and make this next year.

Great pics Dave, thanks for taking the time.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD your 7th pic from bottom clearly shows FlatNutz boat with the seat in it. Terry waited as long as he could to take the seat out to run his boat. There is always next time:D
I didn't know anyone was waiting on a seat etc.. Until later when I saw the license plate I wasn't even sure that was the boat. LOL When I got there and had beers with CC and a few others it was gone. :(

RD

fdlock890

River Rat
Reaction score
Great pics, RD... :thumbsup I was hoping to see a pick of my GUNPOWDER though...:D She went home with Dave Sammons for rigging... Oh yea...

Lock

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Great pics, RD... :thumbsup I was hoping to see a pick of my GUNPOWDER though...:D She went home with Dave Sammons for rigging... Oh yea...

Lock
I think the thread in the lounge has a few more pictures. I didn't get to see all the boats because it was blown out on sunday. :(

RD

Wheeler

Reaction score
Thanks for the pix Dave! It's almost like I was there. :thumbsup:thumbsup

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
thanks dave! lots of boats that I've never seen before..super cool. :thumbsup

bigboy308

Reaction score
Do you have any more information on the engine in Post #14? Looks pretty insane!

Builder? Size? Block? etc?

THANX!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Nice job RD, those are some great pics of some beautiful boats!! :thumbsup

78 Continental

Reaction score
Do you have any more information on the engine in Post #14? Looks pretty insane!

Builder? Size? Block? etc?

THANX!
Which engine? The 940ci Sonny Leonard aluminum big block. TKO builds all their cars with these mountain motors. Their Willys has an 802ci Leonard motor. They also have a 1005ci one at their shop.

DrHW

Reaction score
The yellow, gold, red & black Sanger boat was totally clean, Drop Dead gorgeous. The Cars were the real deal and it was easy and fun all day Saturday. We were there Saturday, but no RD. :smackbum: We did get a RD SUX Koozie and a Peformance Boat Calendar :cool:

It was great and we will be back next year. There is a Moneypit dude in Bullrad but so far, he is a ghost. :p

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Wow! Looked like a good show to attend. Thanks for sharing all the great pics. I hope to some day to have a nice little v-drive. ( bucket list of boats ) again thanks for sharing the pics. :D

miniboatfan

Reaction score
Thanks RD, these are great pics. I'm really glad I made the drive from Long Beach and I was right, it was worth the $3 admission. It was a very cool event and the folks in the community were really friendly. I hope next time I can meet some of the RD web folks.
Best to all

Dave - Miniboatfan

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, thanks for posting the pictures of my new build project. I should have it running in about a week or two.

Steve
Let me know when you are going to get it set for the real deal! If u need any help I am local.

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Great shots RD, it was almost like I was there, Oh wait I was.. We were next to ramp.. :D