WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles Marathon

DC-88

Reaction score
I've always seen pictures of it, and I know there were quite a few endurance racers from back in the day were actually from Needles. I'm pretty sure it was originally from Needles to Parker Dam and back, later changing to a much smaller loop close to town. Could be another cool throwback type deal and I'd think the town would support it in some capacity or at least welcome it. My wife brought an old Life magazine home the other day and I saw this clip in it which reminded me and got me thinking about it. If it was run from a couple miles N of the bridge to about 4-5 miles south there'd be a bunch of places and houses to watch from. Anyway, maybe it's been shot down before, and it'd need a promoter;) but figured I'd throw it out there :cool....

DC-88

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454015967.625905.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score
DC-88, somewhere I have an article on that race with a map of it. Either in an old Speed and Sport or another old boat mag.
It's funny, I saw this a while back and saved the pics, I love old river stuff, especially from in or around the era when we started going, '61ish.

_57_zpslvtur10g.jpg

_57_zpsqtk5aoja.jpg

DC-88

Reaction score
DC-88, somewhere I have an article on that race with a map of it. Either in an old Speed and Sport or another old boat mag.
It's funny, I saw this a while back and saved the pics, I love old river stuff, especially from in or around the era when we started going, '61ish.
Thanks for posting that and I love historical river stuff too ('84 ish to start my era) . If you find that article post it up as well. Like I said above I know there are a lot of folks out there who are way more in the know than me about organized racing in this area....and it just seems like a decent venue for something to happen again in the near future with the right concept and promotion:thumbsup

MOUZER

Reaction score

_57_zpslvtur10g.jpg

_57_zpsqtk5aoja.jpg

then all the big boats over 23 ft had to come in and ruin the river life as we new it...........keep your big ass boats in the ocean........:thumbsdown:thumbsdown