WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles marina

Rayson1971

Reaction score
So I get home from work and there is a early 70s orange short bed lowered Chevy truck in my driveway. Truck has a needles marina snicker or magnet on the door . So I'm curious. Walk out back and my old man is shooting the shit with this older guy. I walk up say hi yada yada yada. Come to find out he's the new owner of the marina. He's a car guy big time. So anyway alot of you probably know this but there doing alot to the marina . Starting January they're dredging the marina, adding docks, redoing the ramp,and talks of a restaurant/ bar. Which I did my best to encourage especially for up in that area they would get alot of business. There is probably alot more they're doing but I don't remember. Anyway the owner is a really cool guy. He's letting the manager run and organise the whole upgrading. Funny thing is the guy knows nothing about the boating industry, but loves what goes on there and want to improve it. Who can add more?

guest hs

Reaction score
I was there an hour ago and the lagoon is dry and the marina was empty no slips just a tad of water. If he wants to get people back there the lagoon needs to be dredged and kept up on it was the best part of the place and we quit going there because it was unusable

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
It's tough when Davis releases 1 or 2 units its just low

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

waterhorse

Reaction score
Is this a different marina from where the boat and car show is held?

Ultra912

Reaction score
I am a concrete contractor in California. I was doing all concrete work for developer Michael Gallagher here in the high desert. Mike died recently but had big plans for needles. He already had Needles city and BLM approval to construct a high end boat storage and a 2 acre swim park with bungalows for rent around the perimeter. He already had an Artist rendering of the project. Obviously he was not in this alone. I’m wondering if this is one of Mike’s investors. The work was going to be in the area near the golf course

Joker

Reaction score
I am a concrete contractor in California. I was doing all concrete work for developer Michael Gallagher here in the high desert. Mike died recently but had big plans for needles. He already had Needles city and BLM approval to construct a high end boat storage and a 2 acre swim park with bungalows for rent around the perimeter. He already had an Artist rendering of the project. Obviously he was not in this alone. I’m wondering if this is one of Mike’s investors. The work was going to be in the area near the golf course

53058360767__4CE53B55-1A32-4109-8CD0-C9CC781ADF0F.jpg

I believe this is the rendering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
I’d love to be able to slip it for the weekend there. It would make the non-water front rentals much more appealing. When we stay at houses across from Bigbores it’s a pain in the ass. The boat parking is brutal. We’ve gone so far as to leave it at Pirates.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I didn't get into details with him on partnerships or sole ownership. He told me that He met Billy B at one time. He might know more.

Joker

Reaction score
Ididnt get this impression about needles marina when I talked to him.

This was on the drawing board there in Needles. Maybe south of Jack Smith?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I was there an hour ago and the lagoon is dry and the marina was empty no slips just a tad of water. If he wants to get people back there the lagoon needs to be dredged and kept up on it was the best part of the place and we quit going there because it was unusable
It’s winter...of course it’s low right now! As the OP said - it’s under new ownership and they are gonna dredge and put in new docks

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hope they get it all dialed in and open a great bar / restaraunt. Would be cool to have overflow boat slips next door! And someplace to eat besides what we’ve got

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So I get home from work and there is a early 70s orange short bed lowered Chevy truck in my driveway. Truck has a needles marina snicker or magnet on the door . So I'm curious. Walk out back and my old man is shooting the shit with this older guy. I walk up say hi yada yada yada. Come to find out he's the new owner of the marina. He's a car guy big time. So anyway alot of you probably know this but there doing alot to the marina . Starting January they're dredging the marina, adding docks, redoing the ramp,and talks of a restaurant/ bar. Which I did my best to encourage especially for up in that area they would get alot of business. There is probably alot more they're doing but I don't remember. Anyway the owner is a really cool guy. He's letting the manager run and organise the whole upgrading. Funny thing is the guy knows nothing about the boating industry, but loves what goes on there and want to improve it. Who can add more?
I’ve got some ideas! Off the top of my head - get rid of the “no SXS” rule and let people drive their rzr’s in and out of the park. I know they don’t want them rolling around the campground everywhere kicking up dirt, and I get that. But lots of people want to off-road and it would be good to allow them to enter/exit the campground at 5mph

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Extend the launch ramps far enough to launch 28’+ boats without the trailer falling off the end

Put in a restaraunt / bar, if you could do it near the cove and make it a “boat up” deal like pirates / nautical with cove parking that would be key

Get rid of the no SXS policy, let them enter / exit the park.

Stop charging people by how many AC units they have and just set a fixed price for hookup sites. Nobody likes to be penny pinched like that

New docks and dredging (already being done)

Make it possible to pay at the pump, at the fuel dock. Also sell 91 at the fuel dock

Have a shuttle service that takes me to and from my house (ok....maybe ridiculous...but that would be bad ass).

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I launched out of there once in October and had to paddle out to the river with drive up . Was so shallow the boat was almost on the ground .

nowski

Reaction score
We use to camp at Needles Marina back in the early 80's and into the 90's and loved it. One of the big issues, leaving the boat in their lagoon overnight you never knew what to expect when waking up in the morning. Needles use to be one of the best kept secrets on the river when it came to water sports, head north or south didn't matter. The park use to nickel and dime us until one day we decided to take those nickels and dimes elsewhere.

I think the town has lots of potential, all it would take is a team of D10 Dozers and investors with very deep pockets...

stoker22405

Reaction score
I’ve got some ideas! Off the top of my head - get rid of the “no SXS” rule and let people drive their rzr’s in and out of the park. I know they don’t want them rolling around the campground everywhere kicking up dirt, and I get that. But lots of people want to off-road and it would be good to allow them to enter/exit the campground at 5mph

How do you get to any off road area from Needles marina without getting on the street?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
How do you get to any off road area from Needles marina without getting on the street?
We ride out across river road, hit the dirt next to the tracks and can run to pirates. Or cross under the tracks then there is a bunch of riding

Ultra912

Reaction score
Not the rendering I was shown. Mike was a MAJOR player as he was a residential/commercial developer in the Victor Valley/High Desert. His rendering was not a hotel and the little swim water area was more than an acre. The entrance road had very large climate controlled high end boat storage facilities along the RR tracks/road and the rentals were somewhat like Pirates. He had investors and they very well may have decided to save the project and change things but he had been working on the project for several years getting city of Needles on board as well as BLM. Mike built more than 500 homes, as well as infrastructure/street with commercial frontage with lots for fast food and gas stations over the course of 25 years I did work for him. His passing was out of no where while sitting having lunch with the mayor of Hesperia. Was front page news in the Daily Press, our local newspaper.

Ultra912

Reaction score
City of Needles is gonna do anything regardless of consequences to generate revenue. Any city that hustles in the cannabis industry is usually financially struggling and if my eyeballs are correct,,,,,they are. It was also being scrutinized with an environmental impact report through BLM.
I'm gonna make a few phone calls and see if I can hear what's whats going on

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I went thru Needles Marina this weekend and took some photos / video. I'll upload when i get a chance. They have all the old docks torn out, the marina is empty save for the fuel dock and stairs that lead down from parking lots / staging area. They have not started dredging yet, but the do have the permits and the green light from the City as well. The gal in the general store said that they are going to start dredging this month. They will dredge marina AND the cove. There will be new docks going in after. The launch ramp will be repaired and the bottom extended. There is talk of a restaraunt / bar going in, but not sure if that is just a rumor or an actual plan. The place was full of snowbirds, pretty damn full actually.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
City of Needles is gonna do anything regardless of consequences to generate revenue. Any city that hustles in the cannabis industry is usually financially struggling and if my eyeballs are correct,,,,,they are. It was also being scrutinized with an environmental impact report through BLM.
I'm gonna make a few phone calls and see if I can hear what's whats going on

Wasn't that long ago someone told me that they would actually give you a house and property in downtown area of Needles, if you promised to fix it up. I was talking to Stacy about looking into it further and maybe fixing a couple up as investments in the future. If this marina deal is going in it might actually be worth it?

RD

Joker

Reaction score
They are gonna build that in needles?

The plan was south of Jack Smith. Not sure where it’s at in the planning room

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Wasn't that long ago someone told me that they would actually give you a house and property in downtown area of Needles, if you promised to fix it up. I was talking to Stacy about looking into it further and maybe fixing a couple up as investments in the future. If this marina deal is going in it might actually be worth it?

RD
Where would someone look into that?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Here's an amateur tour ......RvrRat350 was camped there this weekend and I drove over to to steal his beer :D

Windy as hell so the wind noise is real bad. Was gonna post it New years ever but...well...got drunk :)

Disclaimer......illegal CA RZR action inside

/

Last edited:

Ultra912

Reaction score
Just spoke to the original developers wife who is a real estate broker in Upland and his wife told me the project has been abandoned due to Mike's death. Investors didn't want to move forward without Mike (Gallagher Developers). It was not going to be part of the existing Marina so the dredging and other stuff going on is not related.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

RD
There is no truth in this rumor. It’s just that, rumor.

Ultra912

Reaction score
She still has the art and I have asked if I could take some photos. I'll chime in again when I know

Cole Brewed

Reaction score
I went through the park today on my way home from Havasu. There is definitely dredging and dock replacement work in progress (greatly appreciated), added vehicle parking at the store/office (4spots I think) on east side and some golf cart spots on west side. The big thing I saw that got my attention is the removal of camp sites (full hook ups) on south side. Suspect storage (noted on their map) in the future maybe?indoor? Outdoor?
95D53735-CB94-4D7E-A25E-723F3102DAAE.png

2421F515-DBED-4717-B4E0-581A939562E7.jpeg
1C7B6829-6D35-4C8A-AF98-CFA6BE3F556E.jpeg
9EBC11FF-9585-4224-BA3D-21CDD32F667D.jpeg
C2B13C03-2248-4D21-B6DE-61B4B934C907.jpeg
E6FF1CE0-5133-49F4-B754-606B9E6D7B65.jpeg
E6FF1CE0-5133-49F4-B754-606B9E6D7B65.jpeg

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Last edited:

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Is the mobile home Palm 55 and over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MohavValley

Reaction score
I've been watching Needles and the the last year all of the crappy houses are being sold like 3-6 a month. Banks must have have taken all that crap back and are now trying to dump it before the market declines again.

boatnam2

Reaction score
They have tried that at all the parks on cali side of the strip, for every guy you get to go 5 mph, you have some dickwad that has to show the camp ground how bad ass his SXS is.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
They have tried that at all the parks on cali side of the strip, for every guy you get to go 5 mph, you have some dickwad that has to show the camp ground how bad ass his SXS is.
Have staff enforce the rules instead of banning them completely. Tons of riding out there, pirates cove is killing it in the winter be catering to the offroad crowd. Sucks for those who want to camp with their dirt toys and can't

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Put in a nice restaurant /Bar too many barfood type places we need a nice sit down kinda place with some wine and shit!

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I miss staying on the river. Back in early 2000s I use to store at spikes. Reasonably priced. As I met more friends they had places in havasu. Started going there more. So I moved the boat to havasu. Wife's been nudging me to bring it back that way. Been trying to get a hold of the storage peeps at havasu turn off. But no go . At least with it there I could go back to needles or stay at Moabi and take it to havasu and not have to tow completely it of the way. I wouldn't mind storage at the marina. ( indoor only) depending on price. Safety would be a huge concern too. We'll see.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I miss staying on the river. Back in early 2000s I use to store at spikes. Reasonably priced. As I met more friends they had places in havasu. Started going there more. So I moved the boat to havasu. Wife's been nudging me to bring it back that way. Been trying to get a hold of the storage peeps at havasu turn off. But no go . At least with it there I could go back to needles or stay at Moabi and take it to havasu and not have to tow completely it of the way. I wouldn't mind storage at the marina. ( indoor only) depending on price. Safety would be a huge concern too. We'll see.
We store at Pair-a-dice in Needles, very secure and haven't had any issues