WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles Sheriff runs over wake boarder

1manshow

Reaction score
Kinda fun how this story didn't make it up here or on the news.... Was just informed one of my wife's old high school classmates was ran over Sunday by a Sheriffs boat near Needles while he was wake boarding .. I searched the web and couldn't pull up anything.... Hopefully they checked the driver to see if he was impaired:D:D. He is lucky to be alive and well...1manshow

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like the Sherriff was distracted by all the new goings on at PC. See, now it's affecting safety on that part of the river. :skull:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is crazy!! I wonder what the sherriff's excuse was?

V.O.R.F

STAY OFF THE ROVER
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have had some shitty dealings with the needles sheriff.

sounds like an accident.

zhandfull

Reaction score
No such thing as an accident. Think I remember boatcop posting that one time. It had to be the wakeboarders fault, the rope was probably to long.

Last edited:

Ultracrazy

Reaction score
Anyone hurt jumping to conclusions? Im thinking since this is a third hand, or fourth, story there might be some missing information.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I never seen a Needles Sheriffs boat on the water before. :hmm

Might be SBCO.

rivergames

Reaction score
One time I was passing a wakeboarder on the river. While Passing the boat, I gave them plenty of room. The wakeboarder didn't know I was passing and darted out and almost sideswiped the bow of my boat. I Practically had to make a u-turn to not nail the cocksucker.

A person skiing or wakeboarding can take up quite a bit of water on a narrow river. I am not saying this is the case, but it seams most likely to happen

Director...
Reaction score
He probably said, "I can enforce the law drunk better than most people can enforce the law sober."

buford t justice (Medium).jpg

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
He probably said, "I can enforce the law drunk better than most people can enforce the law sober."

:D

One time I was passing a wakeboarder on the river. While Passing the boat, I gave them plenty of room. The wakeboarder didn't know I was passing and darted out and almost sideswiped the bow of my boat. I Practically had to make a u-turn to not nail the cocksucker.

A person skiing or wakeboarding can take up quite a bit of water on a narrow river. I am not saying this is the case, but it seams most likely to happen

So true, I had 3 boats towing and a jetski ahead of me this weekend just past foxes, it was tough and had to come off plane a couple times because they were all over the water.

That said, its the overtaking vessels responsibility to avoid them so even if they aren't paying attention and fuck up my day (and theirs), it would have been my fault.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
On a serious note, we all assume this won't happen to us. It could, though. A lot happens on the water sometimes and it's not possible to pay attention 100% of the time.

I know we're supposed to pay attention 100% of the time but things happen that distract us. To be fair, some of those things are more legit than others. Add to that, the relaxing affect of being on the water and, in the case of 99% of RDP members, the relaxing affect of having a BAC of 0.2 and above.

LEOs must have tons more stuff to pay attention to than the average joe.

It would be tough to live with the knowledge of having hurt/killed someone. I'm going to increase my effort to pay attention.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Hey shit happens.

I had a marked police car run into me at a stop sign when I was in HS. No reason for it. Just fawked up.

Got a new bumper, good as new. :thumbsup

It is what it is....

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Kinda fun how this story didn't make it up here or on the news.... Was just informed one of my wife's old high school classmates was ran over Sunday by a Sheriffs boat near Needles while he was wake boarding .. I searched the web and couldn't pull up anything.... Hopefully they checked the driver to see if he was impaired:D:D. He is lucky to be alive and well...1manshow

Just wondering why you are surprised it didn't show up? It's not like every boating accident is front page news, especially of there wasn't Injuries and everyone is ok.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Over Memorial weekend I had a sheriff boat turn right in front of me under power and then stop. I had to manuver in front of another boat not to hit him. He just had a dumb look on his face as we passed him. Just because they are LE doesn't mean they know how to drive a boat(or car).

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Wait a minute. That was no fun. Plus its a slow day here. :p

I changed my mind.

I think he did it on purpose....... ;) :D

He should have given him a no muffler ticket too. ;)

cave

Reaction score
Hopefully the boarder wasn't hurt. Sheriff deputy prolly did what most of us want to do. :eek::D

Sent from a droid fuggiphones.com

franky

Reaction score
"What we have here is a complete lack O' respect for the law".

"What we have here..is a failure... to communicate"

[video=youtube;1fuDDqU6n4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o[/video]

Last edited:

STV_Keith

Reaction score
:D
So true, I had 3 boats towing and a jetski ahead of me this weekend just past foxes, it was tough and had to come off plane a couple times because they were all over the water.

That said, its the overtaking vessels responsibility to avoid them so even if they aren't paying attention and fuck up my day (and theirs), it would have been my fault.

That's where the air horn comes into play. 1 honk for passing on the starboard, 2 honks for passing on the port. Even if the stand-on vessel doesn't know what this means (ignorance seems common on the water today), at least it will get everyone's attention that you are there.

http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/1/workflow_staging/Publications/486.PDF

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
That's where the air horn comes into play. 1 honk for passing on the starboard, 2 honks for passing on the port. Even if the stand-on vessel doesn't know what this means (ignorance seems common on the water today), at least it will get everyone's attention that you are there.

http://www.uscgboating.org/assets/1/workflow_staging/Publications/486.PDF

Air Horns you say? :hmm I can't think of a place to mount a horn that wouldn't be in the seating area.

The only noise making devices on my boat are the motor and a whistle. :)

rvrrat350

Reaction score
I was oin through Thomson bay years ago when i had my lil jet boat
had a havasu cop next to me and there was a jet ski cruisin through the channel makein a big wake
damn cop guns it turns right in front of me and sends a wake over the front of my boat!! shorted out my stereo
i was pisssed

2Driver

Reaction score
1 honk for passing on the starboard, 2 honks for passing on the port.

Thats the law but if do that at the river and you'll just get a guy in a flat bill and black sock flipping you off. :D

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I was on the river up this way one time with my brother skiing behind our boat. We ski @35/36mph.
We were the ONLY boat on the water and this Sheriff boat comes up behind us doing about 50 and gets right behind my brother while he is skiing. So my brother makes a few cuts back and forth not knowing the cop'er was approching fast.
So the cop hits his lights and shuts us down. So he pulls up to me and says I'm recklous boating for not notifing my skier that he was approching.
My brother is in the water with his ski on while the cop is giving me the lecher, then he turns to my brother and says did you hear me? So my brother in a smart ass attitude says, what did you say? :D
Now the cop is pissed and slams his boat in reverse to get to my brother and chews his ass and the says he should take us all down for being recklous.
I looked at the cop and thought you got to be kidding me, we're the only boat on the whole f'n river and you almost run my brother over and you blame it on us.
Typical asshole boat cop.

He went on his way after his lecher and warned us that if he sees us pulling that crap again he's going to arrest all of us. The driver, observer and skier. :rolleyes:

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Hopefully the boarder wasn't hurt. Sheriff deputy prolly did what most of us want to do. :eek::D

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of he was, Laura did surgery on a guy flown in from Havasu. The story was he was hit by a jet ski but it seems now that wasn't the case. It was a clavicle and shoulder injury.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I was oin through Thomson bay years ago when i had my lil jet boat
had a havasu cop next to me and there was a jet ski cruisin through the channel makein a big wake
damn cop guns it turns right in front of me and sends a wake over the front of my boat!! shorted out my stereo
i was pisssed

:thumbsdown

cave

Reaction score
You're a huge turd.
Maybe. But if your broke down. Ill help tow ya. Wakers dont. I won't cut you off like you people do. If your broke down, I won't pilot behind you within 3 feet to be a dick like wakers do here.

I try to be nice to your kind but you wake boat types think your the only ones on the water. Fuck that. I paid my ten bux too. So move over. Dont be such pricks. Empty your sacks when not boarding.

Just sayin.

Brian B

Reaction score
Maybe. But if your broke down. Ill help tow ya. Wakers dont. I won't cut you off like you people do. If your broke down, I won't pilot behind you within 3 feet to be a dick like wakers do here.

I try to be nice to your kind but you wake boat types think your the only ones on the water. Fuck that. I paid my ten bux too. So move over. Dont be such pricks. Empty your sacks when not boarding.

Please! I'm the first guy to offer help to stranded boaters and go out of my way to be courteous and respectful of others.

I'm sick and tired of the labeling that goes on in the community in regards to roll bar boats. If you judgmental bastards would take the time to actually meet folks who are into water sports, you might find that most are actually great people. (Many are turds and I'll give you that)

And I would never run across the lake with ballast. It annoys the shit out of me when I hear about people running lead weight for this reason. There is absolutely no reason to blow out the water while cruising just cause you went cheap on your ballast.

I have a red X-10 MC. Come say hi when you see me at the beach at Saguaro.....

EarpRider

Reaction score
Please! I'm the first guy to offer help to stranded boaters and go out of my way to be courteous and respectful of others.

I'm sick and tired of the labeling that goes on in the community in regards to roll bar boats. If you judgmental bastards would take the time to actually meet folks who are into water sports, you might find that most are actually great people. (Many are turds and I'll give you that)

And I would never run across the lake with ballast. It annoys the shit out of me when I hear about people running lead weight for this reason. There is absolutely no reason to blow out the water while cruising just cause you went cheap on your ballast.

:thumbsup

In honor of Rodney King, "Cant we all just get along."

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score

Just sayin.

I thought this was about boat cops runnin people over? :hmm

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
The people that have no clue that drive wake boats are your own kids you guys lent them the boats.

How's that bitches! :D

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Maybe. But if your broke down. Ill help tow ya.Wakers dont.

Not all wakers are the same cave, jus say'n :D

156.jpg

cave

Reaction score
coz your one of a kind!
The exception.

H20-ski, your right. Didn't mean to steer it of topic. Hope your friends are OK.

cave

Reaction score

OK so you and coz are the exception. :D

I know many of the local wakers at the sag. I'll open a spot for the cool ones. I also talk to the Sheriffs at breakfast at the marina and on the water.

I'm usually by the entrance to the beach. You can walk on over to do the same. Boats in my avatar. Or you can ask for cave. I'm sure some there might know me.