WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Needles??

westair

Reaction score
So this friend bid on a house in Needles, spur of the moment deal ..... didn't really plan on getting it I don't think but his 20K was accepted. Two bedroom one bath 1200 sf. He's only seen pictures so I'm gonna go check it out for him this weekend on my way to Laughlin (river run time). I was thinking maybe some of these might be a good investment ..... its real close to the river and golf course, just on the other side of the tracks .... lol ..will there ever be a time when people start to realize the potential here and why hasn't it happened?? Could be a cool little area I think.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So this friend bid on a house in Needles, spur of the moment deal ..... didn't really plan on getting it I don't think but his 20K was accepted. Two bedroom one bath 1200 sf. He's only seen pictures so I'm gonna go check it out for him this weekend on my way to Laughlin (river run time). I was thinking maybe some of these might be a good investment ..... its real close to the river and golf course, just on the other side of the tracks .... lol ..will there ever be a time when people start to realize the potential here and why hasn't it happened?? Could be a cool little area I think.

Someone would need to buy a shit load of them and renovate a few blocks to make it appealing. It’s a rough looking little area in there

NicPaus

Reaction score
Seems like a good investment from what I have been hearing. I might have a buyer in a few months.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Someone would need to buy a shit load of them and renovate a few blocks to make it appealing. It’s a rough looking little area in there
Investors I know will need housing soon for there workers they plan to house out there. Buy up a block and have a extra security guard watching. Going to have to house full time guards already for the business.

hallett21

Reaction score
Where are you talking about exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Investors I know will need housing soon for there workers they plan to house out there. Buy up a block and have a extra security guard watching. Going to have to house full time guards already for the business.
I catch your drift. My friend is demoing a lot now for his forthcoming “operation”

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
The pot growing boom is coming to Needles..:D

hallett21

Reaction score
Bnsf doing a bunch of work out there or are we talking weed money?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Bnsf doing a bunch of work out there or are we talking weed money?

The city is handing out permits to build warehouses to grow. Numerous going up now. The city needs money and trying to bring them in.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
My house is on the other side of the river so I occasionally drive through Needles for one reason or another. I know this area pretty well and like others have said it’s pretty rough. It seems to me the city continues to slide backwards. It looks worse now than when I built my house 13 years ago. I’m not sure what kind of an investment it is. I can’t imagine finding a reliable renter there...lol.. I also seriously doubt boaters would rent it for weekends. What does he plan to do with it once he owns it?

guest hs

Reaction score
Needles is going to start booming with the marijuana grow buisness due to the super cheap power in the city. They have had a long time agreement with their power supplier. I would thonk it would cost a lot of money to run all those grow lights thats why you see all the new buildings going up.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Needles is going to start booming with the marijuana grow buisness due to the super cheap power in the city. They have had a long time agreement with their power supplier. I would thonk it would cost a lot of money to run all those grow lights thats why you see all the new buildings going up.
Hopefully I can get some decent internet service at some point lol

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My house is on the other side of the river so I occasionally drive through Needles for one reason or another. I know this area pretty well and like others have said it’s pretty rough. It seems to me the city continues to slide backwards. It looks worse now than when I built my house 13 years ago. I’m not sure what kind of an investment it is. I can’t imagine finding a reliable renter there...lol.. I also seriously doubt boaters would rent it for weekends. What does he plan to do with it once he owns it?
The theory is there will be hundreds of full time workers (decently paid) that will need full time housing, which there is a shortage of decent homes. They could go live in Bullhead, or Havasu if they can stand being 1hr away. The city has been doing big improvements on Broadway street, the main thoroughfare, but the rest of the city is still crumbling. Who knows, it would be great if the weed industry causes a Needles turnaround. I just want a grocery store out of the deal

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
Needles is all about weed for profit.They have never wanted the city to grow and like the small town feeling.I know a lot of people that were raised there and have seen the leaders dig a hole.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Needles is all about weed for profit.They have never wanted the city to grow and like the small town feeling.I know a lot of people that were raised there and have seen the leaders dig a hole.
They are scamming us out of 40k as we speak, for a “special assessment” of our sewer system that they approved / inspected / signed off on when our community was built, then refused to service and maintain it as their own saying they never signed off. Total BS, Needles government is shady

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
They are scamming us out of 40k as we speak, for a “special assessment” of our sewer system that they approved / inspected / signed off on when our community was built, then refused to service and maintain it as their own saying they never signed off. Total BS, Needles government is shady
They are looking for easy money.I do not know how much the train station cost the city,but 1 Small office is open in there and bums on the lawn.Really!Big bust a Rite Aid a few weeks ago for a few beers but pot farms going up all over town.

Hye Power

Reaction score
The theory is there will be hundreds of full time workers (decently paid) that will need full time housing, which there is a shortage of decent homes. They could go live in Bullhead, or Havasu if they can stand being 1hr away. The city has been doing big improvements on Broadway street, the main thoroughfare, but the rest of the city is still crumbling. Who knows, it would be great if the weed industry causes a Needles turnaround. I just want a grocery store out of the deal

They built an autozone what more you want. Question is if they did build another grocery store would you shop there vs Smith or Safeway on 95 if it was more expensive, cause pretty sure that's what closed the last grocery store.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
They built an autozone what more you want. Question is if they did build another grocery store would you shop there vs Smith or Safeway on 95 if it was more expensive, cause pretty sure that's what closed the last grocery store.
Bashas had been subsidized by the city for too long to stay.They had no meat in the game and pulled the plug.Not from any other store in Az.

Reaction score
$10k for a 9000sqft lot. Solar power and wind turbines.
Seems like a very inexpensive way to enter the weed business.

Any small town in the desert could do this in California. I'll bet the town will triple it's police force overnight, and the Meth problem will disappear.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
$10k for a 9000sqft lot. Solar power and wind turbines.
Seems like a very inexpensive way to enter the weed business.

Any small town in the desert could do this in California. I'll bet the town will triple it's police force overnight, and the Meth problem will disappear.
The Meth will always be there.The town or the Sherrifs haven't really given a shit for years.

guest hs

Reaction score
The grocery store is no longer there because mostbof the customers were on food stamps and the store could not survive like that.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I would, having to drive 1/2 hour each way to get groceries sucks. Right now we just pack a huge ice chest and bring everything

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I would thonk it would cost a lot of money to run all those grow lights thats why you see all the new buildings going up.

Grow light technology makes the energy consumption for lighting practically a non-issue at this point... Its the AC/Evap cost to grow out in 120 degree heat that will make it hard to compete. Too many places in norcal, OR and WA that are more temperate...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Grow light technology makes the energy consumption for lighting practically a non-issue at this point... Its the AC/Evap cost to grow out in 120 degree heat that will make it hard to compete. Too many places in norcal, OR and WA that are more temperate...
It must still be a great place to do it, because every vacant lot in town is turning into a big ass grow ! That huge building in front of Pair-A-Dice storage is a grow, the old Camden recycling is being demo'd and turned into a grow, and there are a few you can see from the freeway

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If I understand what you are saying....The grows are fairly automated. No need for a huge staff.

Is what I heard....anyway. :)

Needles (NPUA) had to add power from AZ (WAPA) to help fix their pre existing issues and accommodate the weed power . I'd question how much full time manpower is needed at a grow op based on the ones I've worked on and seen in Ca. Always seemed like a bunch of money guys depending on a career stoner showing up to lay stuff out during construction, and the ones up and running there (Needles) don't have too many vehicles on site. I know a couple guys with nice families involved who I'd hate to see squeezed by the cartel so hopefully that doesn't happen..........Having a store again and paving Needles Hwy would be awesome though--

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If I understand what you are saying....The grows are fairly automated. No need for a huge staff.

Is what I heard....anyway. :)
The guy i know who does it says he alone expects to have around 100 people working his facility. Stuff may be on timers, but you know it isnt gonna plant and trim itself :D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Got it.

The guy i know who does it says he alone expects to have around 100 people working his facility. Stuff may be on timers, but you know it isnt gonna plant and trim itself :D

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
It must still be a great place to do it, because every vacant lot in town is turning into a big ass grow ! That huge building in front of Pair-A-Dice storage is a grow, the old Camden recycling is being demo'd and turned into a grow, and there are a few you can see from the freeway

You are right that there must be something I am missing for sure. All the successful growers in SoCal for the last 10 years that I know are heading north. Its also a felony a mile away on the AZ side so I don't get it from a border state supply side. AZ loves generating revenue off of minor felony pot possession. Its the only reason for the bogus ICE checkpoint on the I-8 entering AZ. I am sure they will find some some way to get a sniffing dog on the other side of the needles bridge under the guise of safety. Mohave CO. Sherriff will be getting a bunch of new boats from the careless mistake to beach it and park on the wrong side of the river for sure...

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
A lot of growers are now using L.E.D. lights to grow which uses significantly less energy and is a lot cooler which means less Air Condition usage as well. I think one of the main reasons needles is going to be a hot spot for growing weed is because of its close proximity to Arizona and the rest of the country via the 40fwy. It's eventually going to be legal in all states and everyone wants Cali weed because it's the best.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Also the location lends itself to less traffic and lower profile eyes on/people to complain, ect.

A lot of growers are now using L.E.D. lights to grow which uses significantly less energy and is a lot cooler which means less Air Condition usage as well. I think one of the main reasons needles is going to be a hot spot for growing weed is because of its close proximity to Arizona and the rest of the country via the 40fwy. Everyone wants Cali weed because it's the best.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My best friends dad grows at the old Chevy dealership in town

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
My guess is the proximity to Laughin and Vegas. But you can't move it from one state to the other legally even in pot friendly state. AZ missed the vote by a 5% margin last time, but I suppose it will eventually pass...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Do you know the Layton’s? They live in the same neighborhood as your house
I'm bad with names, especially last names. I might, just met a bunch of the neighbors at the HOA meeting we had. PM me there address and first names i might

SOD

Reaction score
So I've got money in the operation in front of Pair-of-Dice. I don't know jack about the industry, and have no control whatsoever over the operations, it just sounded like a good investment. I like to spread my opportunities around to make sure I'm good to go on the "How much is Enough" thread. The little bit I do know that makes Needles attractive, is the local government is fully behind it, that they helped with the state legislation, that they have access to the required power, but most notably, they have access to all of the water they need. This particular operation is slated for 6 grow buildings and the extraction building. One of each is already there. I understand that it will need 100+ full-time employees when complete. I'm under the impression that everything that comes out of these are different forms of oils. Most medicinal. I'm hoping that the largest benefit is that the city has a special 10% tax rate on all of this product. I would think that once these $$ starts rolling in, they can tune the place up a bit.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So I've got money in the operation in front of Pair-of-Dice. I don't know jack about the industry, and have no control whatsoever over the operations, it just sounded like a good investment. I like to spread my opportunities around to make sure I'm good to go on the "How much is Enough" thread. The little bit I do know that makes Needles attractive, is the local government is fully behind it, that they helped with the state legislation, that they have access to the required power, but most notably, they have access to all of the water they need. This particular operation is slated for 6 grow buildings and the extraction building. One of each is already there. I understand that it will need 100+ full-time employees when complete. I'm under the impression that everything that comes out of these are different forms of oils. Most medicinal. I'm hoping that the largest benefit is that the city has a special 10% tax rate on all of this product. I would think that once these $$ starts rolling in, they can tune the place up a bit.
Take me with you :D

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Do you know the Layton’s? They live in the same neighborhood as your house
I'm bad with names, especially last names. I might, just met a bunch of the neighbors at the HOA meeting we had. PM me there address and first names i might

Did you know that Ron Hill has a place in your neighborhood as well? He's on the golf court side of the community.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

Gives me another thought about looking at a place in Needles again. When we looked a couple of years ago you were ether on the water or in the hood.

Reactions: SOD

SoCalDave

Reaction score
One man band here. :D

IMG_1718[1].JPG