WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Neighborly feud!

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Hurry, get some "Lifeline" and spray those open wounds.
This shit kills Everything that has developed resistance to Roundup including Mares Tail and Nutsedge.
My neighbor hit his neighbors pesky oleanders lightly and now they are dead oleanders.
That's the good news. Bad news is it's only available to commercial growers but someone on here should be able to connect some. You'd only need a quart or so.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
If the neighbor was out of town it would have been a good time to trim it way farther down and they'd blame it on the contractor.....From the looks of that hack job, the cutters wouldn't remember if they cut it that far back or not to deny any blame that came up

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
Drill a hole or a few holes in the trunk, pour round up in it. should take the round up in and kill it. only problem is you would have way more leaves in the yard as it died and then he would have to remove it but it would eventually take care of the problem.

nowski

Reaction score
It's Windy today. Now that the tree's have been trimmed (butchered) post up some pics I'd like to see the improvements...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm thinking even with the leaf problem it might have been worth it compared to looking at that now?

RD

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I'm thinking even with the leaf problem it might have been worth it compared to looking at that now?

RD

lol, yes it looks bad.... but it sucks when your gardener cleans up your whole property... and less than 1 day later, your whole property looks like a wreck. My gardener would legitimately spend at least 30-40 minutes with the blower, cleaning up all the mess from that tree.

pretty sure it will be back to decent looking in a year or so. But yes, a professional tree trimmer would have topped it off, down about 25-30', and thinned out the rest, leaving the tree looking like a nice tree... just reduce the branches and leaves by 70%

WYRD

Reaction score
Trey will leaf back by spring

Sherpa

Reaction score
spade bit into a root somewhere........... or drill a hole into the truck of the tree........ pour in "Ortho Brush Kill" I guarandamntee it'l kill that tree. I had to remove 6
alianthis trees next to my house and convinced the property management company on the neighbor property their foundation was being damaged by the trees.
At the time I was doing the landscape maint for the property. Alianthis trees self-seed, and grow volunteers everywhere. major nuisance tree. I used my bar to cut in
a horizontal slot into each tree, and filled the holes with Brush Kill. they died within 3 weeks completely. then I cut them all down. problem solved. oh the stumps I had to
dig out too. no more mess for the last 20 years.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Seem easier to just have your gardener to stop by 2-3 days a week and clean up the mess .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That tree is basically firewood in a year or so.
That's a very typical Eucalyptus trim job. It'll be green and bushy by next summer again.
A condo complex near me trims them like this almost every year.

wet hull

Reaction score
Piece of copper pipe hammered into the trunk will kill a tree fast.