WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Netflix "Murder Mountain"

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Docuseries (6) about Growers in Humboldt County. Follows a few farmers and their legalization saga and one particular young man who disappeared and his families (and some locals) quest to disclose the truth.

Quite a bizarre story....

Apparently pretty common up there...... I guess it goes without saying

Highly recommended

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Docuseries (6) about Growers in Humboldt County. Follows a few farmers and their legalization saga and one particular young man who disappeared and his families (and some locals) quest to disclose the truth.

Highly recommended
1. We have an entire forum for that. https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/forums/streaming-tv-movies.263/
2. Now I'm interested so don't spoil it.
3. Thank you for the heads up.
:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I set up a section for all these tv shows and recommendations below the lounge.

I just watched the whole series.. Mind blowing!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Meh....watched half I think....its ok.

The fact that it's a true story and then they are start killing each other... LOL.

I get the people dissapearing on the mountain. You take your life in your own hands if you are gonna go work illegal drug trades for $$ and hope to come home rich. The transcient workers who knows what happens to them.. But whacking the locals and that Garrett guy? Good lord.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Have a adopted brother that had property up there as a grower. He has passed of a heart attack but he used to tell me stories that were crazy. His weed took second place in some growers competition in SF so he was growing the good stuff....lol

Went up for a family wedding 2 years ago and Gina and I took the jeep and went off the path a bit. We went way back in the hills and everywhere we saw people they just eye balled us like "Hills Have Eyes" or something like that. Lots of burned vehicles at the entrances of properties with warnings written on them to stay out.

Only one time did I feel a little uncomfortable but it was bizarro world for sure and it is dangerous if you go down the wrong road.

I have known people that have grown in that area over the past 40 years or so.....not people I normally would hang with though. An entirely different life style

I will definitely check out the series on Netflix

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Watched some last night. Interesting program. Lots and lots of missing people.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I watched the 6 episodes over the last few days. I thought it was really well done. I am in Humbolt a lot...been to Garberville a lot. I usually stay on the main roads, except one time. My GPS took my on back roads from Garberville to Laytonville. About 40 miles on back roads and about 33 of it was dirt roads. I got slow rolled by other vehicles 3 times. I also had no cell service...and it was raining. Luckily I was in a 4WD. I was also armed (although the last thing I would want is to get into a gunfight with multiple people out there). When I got back on 101, I was so pissed at Google Maps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I know there are two sides to everything, but watching this sure made me sympathize with the small farmer, and effects all the C.A.M.P. raids had on the area.

Kel

Reaction score

Highly recommended
True and sad

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I had to scroll past all of the spoilers just to say dicks. LOL.. :D

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
A few years back I worked on a new Powerline that ran from Trinity Dam to Lewistown to Weaverville and some other linework thru Mad River Gorge. It was burnout & Tweaker Central. When we made long term rental agreements at the hotels and homes they wanted assurances that we wouldn’t be growing pot inside.lol. Around September you could smell every van & UHaul coming down the road and every bank in town reeked of marijuana. Guess they don’t all bury the money like portrayed on TV. We never had any issues in the helicopters or around their patches but the pilots mentioned they tend to get a warning shot about once a year on average on other jobs.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I watched the 6 episodes over the last few days. I thought it was really well done. I am in Humbolt a lot...been to Garberville a lot. I usually stay on the main roads, except one time. My GPS took my on back roads from Garberville to Laytonville. About 40 miles on back roads and about 33 of it was dirt roads. I got slow rolled by other vehicles 3 times. I also had no cell service...and it was raining. Luckily I was in a 4WD. I was also armed (although the last thing I would want is to get into a gunfight with multiple people out there). When I got back on 101, I was so pissed at Google Maps.

Know exactly where you were. Always need to be aware of going down the wrong road for sure when around those areas.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Know exactly where you were. Always need to be aware of going down the wrong road for sure when around those areas.
Yes, It was a lapse in judgement on my part. If something had happened, I had no communications, and nobody knew I was out there. The 101 isn't my normal route, but my normal route (Hwy 36) was concerning to me due to possible landslides.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Series was all right, no real surprises. Definitely a good look at the issue from the growers perspective.