WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nevada boat registration

nordictom

Reaction score
After searching, with no luck...……….. I thought someone posted how to register you boat in Nevada, without going there?

Boat is current reg'd in CA. We have a place in LHC.

Is there a Reg service I can call? recommend?

Thanks in advance.

NT

guest hs

Reaction score
If the boat is currently registered out of Nevada you HAVE to take it to Nevada Dept. Of Wildlife for a HIN inspection no way around it.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Registered last 2 boats in Nevada, very easy to register and no sale tax if it is your first time to register the boat. I had to take the boat, as Namba said to have the HIN verified. $40 per year for 21’ boat. I do keep the trailer registered in CA.

JJK94

Reaction score
Went 3 years ago to henderson, Took a chance and did not take the boat, Worked out.

nordictom

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. I am going to Utah in Dec., so I will give it a try with out the boat first. If that's doesn't work out, I'll tow it up there in Jan.

Thanks,
NT

Tahoe540

Reaction score
2 boats in 2 years from out of state. First one they inspected the second they didn't care to see it.

renodaytona

Reaction score
When I bought my current Daytona years ago (from CA) I took it down for the HIN inspection, the guy even busted out the ol' tape measure to verify it was 25'.

FlatNv

Reaction score
yep same here, maybe if boat was registered in Nevada at one time they dont need physical insp?
just call nevada dept of wild life, its the easiest Gov agency we have never a line or wait in my experience

UltraLucky

Reaction score
If you are transferring registration from another state but boat is already in your name you may be able to get away with not bringing the boat in for the HIN verification. Both of mine were ownership transfers, one new with a statement of origin and the other private party sale. Always super easy to deal with them, and no lines.

guest hs

Reaction score
Good luck with that I guarantee you they will want to do a HIN inspection and the Henderson location has closed down so you have to go to the main office on Vegas Drive and Decatur.

Steve-o

Reaction score
I have done two boats in Nevada and both came from Arizona so they required the boat be brought for inspection. They do not require inspection if you are tranferring from a title state (az is non title). Look up on ndow to find info if you have a “manufacturers statement of origin” then you do not have to take the boat for inspection.

guest hs

Reaction score
That is because they are relying on the dealer to do the HIN inspection on it because the MSO comes from the dealer when a new vessel is purchased new then NDOW will turn the MSO into a title.

SKIA36

Reaction score
Trailer goes through DMV, requires VIN inspection(free).

Boat is thru NDOW, I have never been required to verify HIN. Always 10 min or less at NDOW. Henderson office is now closed. You have to go to the ghetto to get to the NDOW office now.