WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Never thought I would.......wish me luck

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I interview 3-4 times a year if I am looking or not. Resume tailoring and interviewing are skills you get better at with practice. And interviewing with a stable job makes it stress free, you have nothing to lose.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOL with Biden at the helm I’m sure jobs will be plentiful a year from now.

I think I’m good where I’m at. 1 more “title” to get and I’m good to go for the next 23yrs

Yore buying trailers and trucks and can live off yore wife’s salary, everything is fine :).

In all seriousness, if you have a spouse with good benefits, and are a good performer, contract gigs can be and will be very lucrative, especially in a down market. Firms will contract out instead of hiring. If you can get them to do corp to corp, there are tax benefits as well.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Wel funny there has been several of these posts lately and as exciting as it is it nerve racking as well. I am currently leaving my current job at the railroad. Been there 15 years and job has completely changed for the worse so im out! Had posted in another thread but investing in ourselves!!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
@hawgty55 think that’s any industry now. I use to enjoy my work. Now it’s just a job that puts food on the table, Pension and Cheap insurance.
I work at 2 companies so I know the grass isn’t greener at the competition.

What’s next?

@Bigbore500r what kind of work do you do?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
@hawgty55 think that’s any industry now. I use to enjoy my work. Now it’s just a job that puts food on the table, Pension and Cheap insurance.
I work at 2 companies so I know the grass isn’t greener at the competition.

What’s next?

@Bigbore500r what kind of work do you do?
Project Manager, interior finishes, AWW, equipment, lab, DFH, - commercial construction.
Division 5/6/8/10/11/12

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Ingrish, good for you , but what is that?
We do architectural woodwork and casework, decorative metal trim and paneling, door/frame/hardware, equipment installation, laboratories, specialties (grab bars, toilet partitions, etc), and a plethora of other interior finishes that happen inside of buildings on a large commercial scale. Airports, Hotels, Schools, etc.

buck35

Reaction score
We do architectural woodwork and casework, decorative metal trim and paneling, door/frame/hardware, equipment installation, laboratories, specialties (grab bars, toilet partitions, etc), and a plethora of other interior finishes that happen inside of buildings on a large commercial scale. Airports, Hotels, Schools, etc.
Hell I thought you were in automotive industry.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hell I thought you were in automotive industry.
In my previous life (1998-2001) I worked as an automotive journalist, for a web publisher that was a spinoff of Sport Truck and other magazine brands previously held under Peterson Publishing (later EMAP USA).

I later went on to work in R&D for Kenne Bell Superchargers in Rancho Cucamonga, developing and testing blower kits for production vehicles and race applications. Also assisted them in achieving CARB certification for several kits. Cool job, learned alot. Had to move on and make money, dove into constuction and, well.......now im disgruntled and 41 :D

I continued doing automotive stuff on the side, up until 2019. With the kids getting older, and work getting crazier, I basically put the brakes on everything to focus on work and family. I'd love to get my work-life balance back in check, to allow me to get back into some hobbies and get more time with the kids. We'll see......

4Waters

Reaction score
In my previous life (1998-2001) I worked as an automotive journalist, for a web publisher that was a spinoff of Sport Truck and other magazine brands previously held under Peterson Publishing (later EMAP USA).

I later went on to work in R&D for Kenne Bell Superchargers in Rancho Cucamonga, developing and testing blower kits for production vehicles and race applications. Also assisted them in achieving CARB certification for several kits. Cool job, learned alot. Had to move on and make money, dove into constuction and, well.......now im disgruntled and 41 :D

I continued doing automotive stuff on the side, up until 2019. With the kids getting older, and work getting crazier, I basically put the brakes on everything to focus on work and family. I'd love to get my work-life balance back in check, to allow me to get back into some hobbies and get more time with the kids. We'll see......
And then football entered the picture

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
And then football entered the picture
Yes.....and soccer.....and LaCrosse......and Gymnastics.....

1656029026200.png

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Good luck!! I just left my previous company after a 10 year employment!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Well, im sitting on a good offer letter......I have to accept or decline today.

Still talking to another GC about a great opportunity. Wish I could get farther down that road, before having to accept / decline the current offer.

Don't want to "company hop", it's not a good look. But I also don't want to decline this Job offer, and fail to lock in the other opportunity, which is promising but not certain.

What say ye?

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score

Still talking to another GC about a great opportunity. Wish I could get farther down that road, before having to accept / decline the current offer.

Don't want to "company hop", it's not a good look. But I also don't want to decline this Job offer, and fail to lock in the other opportunity, which is promising but not certain.

What say ye?

Everything about interviewing is negotiable, including deadlines of acceptance. If their offer is so great, why do they need to set a condition of timing other than to cease negotiation? When the right person comes along every company should be doing everything they can to encourage you to join their team, not forcing you.

Badchoices03

Reaction score

I hate working with architects with woodwork....every fkn project is the same thing:

a. they want all the wood to match exactly, even though it comes from 5 different manufactures that manufacture it out of different materials
b. they dont understand why the finish looks different then the sample you gave them at the start of the project 2 years prior
c. want an Walnut look at a Poplar price....lol

Reactions: DLC

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Everything about interviewing is negotiable, including deadlines of acceptance. If their offer is so great, why do they need to set a condition of timing other than to cease negotiation? When the right person comes along every company should be doing everything they can to encourage you to join their team, not forcing you.
They want to put me running a project that kicks off mid-July, so rolling the clock back 2 weeks makes today the day

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hate working with architects with woodwork....every fkn project is the same thing:

a. they want all the wood to match exactly, even though it comes from 5 different manufactures that manufacture it out of different materials
b. they dont understand why the finish looks different then the sample you gave them at the start of the project 2 years prior
c. want an Walnut look at a Poplar price....lol
yep, all that and then some!

Badchoices03

Reaction score

What say ye?

What company?

Icky

Reaction score
What are the company options 🤔 ( I wouldn't say, just thought I'd ask)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

What say ye?

Personally I’d ask for more time.

If not accept and continue looking into the other company.

DLC

Reaction score
Good Luck with your choice!

with what ever you decide I hope that’s BEST for you and your Family !

Happy 4th of July!!

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
What company do you currently work for if you don’t mind me asking.