WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 1" Sealed Bearing Prop Shaft Log Seal

DiMarco21

Reaction score
I made up some new (off and old design) 1" prop shaft log seals. They are made from 6061-T6 aluminum with a machined finish. They are 2 1/2" diameter by 2 1/2" long. There is a pressed in 2" dia. double sealed bearing with the inside diameter honed to 1.002" (to slip over your prop shaft) its also held in by a snap ring for safety.

Inside there is a double lip cup seal to keep the water out and a grease zert on the outside body to grease the seal. A standard size 1 3/4" hose fits from the rear, I also added rounded grooves to help the hose clamp bite into the housing and not slip off.

With this design there will be no more prop shaft wear of bushings to replace because it rides on a bearing.

I'm selling these for $89.00 + $13.00 shipping. Let me know if you would like one. I am also have 1 1/8" diameter prop shafts seals if your interested. Thanks

attachment.php

Last edited:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I made up some new (off and old design) 1" prop shaft log seals. They are made from 6061-T6 aluminum with a machined finish. They are 2 1/2" diameter by 2 1/2" long. There is a pressed in 2" dia. double sealed bearing with the inside diameter honed to 1.002" (to slip over your prop shaft) its also held in by a snap ring for safety.

Inside there is a double lip cup seal to keep the water out and a grease zert on the outside body to grease the seal. A standard size 1 3/4" hose fits from the rear, I also added rounded grooves to help the hose clamp bite into the housing and not slip off.

With this design there will be no more prop shaft wear of bushings to replace because it rides on a bearing.

I'm selling these for $80.00 + $12.00 shipping. Let me know if you would like one. I am also have 1 1/8" diameter prop shafts seals if your interested. Thanks

1949prop_seal_4_pb-med.jpg
The one you made me early last season works great; many races, lot'sa RPM w/zero defects. What's the difference between the new & old anyway?
Thanks
Denny

DiMarco21

Reaction score
The one you made me early last season works great; many races, lot'sa RPM w/zero defects. What's the difference between the new & old anyway?
Thanks
Denny

Hi Denny, New and old are same/same. Just an old add. Glad your digging it. Thanks again, Phil

Lucas Oil

Reaction score
Sorry lost your phone # 317 871 1616 please call thanks

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Hey Dimarco21. I got one of these from you a while back and I was wondering how much grease needs to be pumped into it? I feel like I was pumping in a whole lot when I installed it. Should I just keep pumping grease in till some comes out of the seal?

DiMarco21

Reaction score
I've been asked this question quite a bit and have always answered it in PM's. Maybe this will help but putting it on the forums.

This is how I do it for my own boats and Tony Leaman's race boat that I help out on. I'm not saying this is the 110% right way because there is lot of different ways to do things but this way works for me.

Installation: Remove old shaft log seal. Keep prop shaft in boat. Deburr end of prop shaft on outside diameter using a file or stone. Flatten out old set screw burrs on prop shaft using file or a stone and finally some emery paper. Remove all sharp edges from keyway so it will not damage the grease cup seal in the shaft log seal when installing.
After prop shaft is fully deburred apply some light grease or WD-40 to prop shaft to help shaft log seal slide on easily. Slide the shaft log seal gently over the prop shaft taking care not to damage / cut the grease cup seal. Slide to shaft log seal into the rubber hose that is attached to the shaft log in your boat.
Reattach prop shaft to v-drive then tighten hose clamps on rubber hose to shaft log seal. This will let the prop shaft log seal follow the prop shaft instead of being crooked inside of the rubber hose.

Greasing: I use the Lubrimatic blue/green in color marine grease. Place v-drive / transmission in neutral. Using a grease gun. Give 3-4 shots of grease into shaft log seal. Then rotate the prop shaft by hand a few times. This is dragging the grease around the grease reservoir in the shaft log seal. Repeat this process until you feel resistance on the grease gun. Meaning the grease reservoir is full. You can NOT over grease the shaft log seal. All excess grease will push pass the grease cup seal out of the bottom of your boat.

How Often: On my cruiser I grease it before every day trip. On Tony Leaman's race boat we refill the shaft log seal every pass. You can't over grease it.

Hope this help answers any questions, Thanks again to all who have purchased my seals. Phil

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks. I was worried about over greasing it. So far it hasn't leaked at all so I'm very happy with it. :thumbsup

DiMarco21

Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks. I was worried about over greasing it. So far it hasn't leaked at all so I'm very happy with it. :thumbsup

Thanks, just keep it maintaind like everything else on your boat and it will last a long time with zero leaks. Mine's been on for 3 years with the same seal and working great. Thanks again, Phil

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Hi Phil
I'm interested in one!
Thank you
Brian

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Phil... Can you send me one for a 1" prop shaft? (not that I will ever need it):D

Steve

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Phil... Did you get the shaft seal mailed out yet? I have the transom hardware all cut and drilled ready to mount. I just need to polish and anodize before final mounting. I want to do all the polishing at one time. Hopefully will get a better price if I do everything together.

Steve

DiMarco21

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Your prop seal went out Monday.

Bulk (polishing) is always better on the wallet. Diggin' the pics you've already posted up. Very nice. :thumbsup

Phil

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Thanks Phil... I'm tryin' my best:D I just checked the porch and the seal was delivered today. It is bitchin!!!!!!! Thanks for the nice work, my boat will appreciate it...

Steve

Last edited:

Lucas Oil

Reaction score
1 in sealed bearing prop shaft log seal mine works grate thanks Phil have you tried the L-9 gear oil yet

DiMarco21

Reaction score
1 in sealed bearing prop shaft log seal mine works grate thanks Phil have you tried the L-9 gear oil yet

Hi Brian,

Glad ya dig it!!! I put in the L-9 oil you sent me and have only ran my boat once since. Been pretty busy with the NJBA finals last week. Our boat took the 8.0 second championship!!! Now I can get back to the play boat again. Thanks again for the oil. Phil

DiMarco21

Reaction score
Got plenty of 1" and 1 1/8" prop seal in stock. Get 'em ready for summer.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Put one of these on my Eliminator 2 seasons ago and it hasn't leaked a drop! :thumbsup

skinut

Reaction score
Phil : Please call me 909-957-8116..... Thanks Terry :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dimarco21, please note we are offering FREE for 1 year advertising in this section.. Please contact me for details.

RD

DiMarco21

Reaction score

45shawn

Reaction score
i would like to get one of these i have thought of this design years ago but im not a machinist glad to see it please contact me and let me know how i can get one i have a 61 Biesemeyer rocket model with 1 inch prop shaft thanks 8055263023

Last edited:

DiMarco21

Reaction score
i would like to get one of these i have thought of this design years ago but im not a machinist glad to see it please contact me and let me know how i can get one i have a 61 Biesemeyer rocket model with 1 inch prop shaft thanks 8055263023

PM sent. Thank you, Phil

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Need some help...found my water leak.... where can I get your rear seal?

Thanks.........Rob

Attachments

• fuel 001.jpg
    fuel 001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 301
  • fuel 003.jpg
    fuel 003.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 293

Froggystyle

Reaction score
I'd like one for the Spectra. Let me know what to send where...

Thanks,

Wes

DiMarco21

Reaction score
Need some help...found my water leak.... where can I get your rear seal?

Thanks.........Rob

Hi Rob, looks like it was maybe damaged during install. PM me your address and I'll send you out a replacement seal. If you not comfortable replacing the seal yourself, please send it back to me and I will be more than glad to take care of it for ya. Thanks, Phil

dekman

Dekman
Reaction score
Need your address/phone...... Mine is 805-320-0123. Thanks, Robert Dekkers(Dekman)