WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 20 Campbell lay up

guest hs

Reaction score
90080884-339A-4228-B0E2-7928302D1444.png
Tahiti is building this beautiful boat. To me it does not look like a Campbell. There is to much rake in the decks step. Any comments on this hull???

guest hs

Reaction score
It’s all I got there a little video on Instagram but I don’t know how to post it

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I thought that Danny Donahue's dad still owned the Campbell molds? Or at least my memory is telling me the DCM's were the Campbells.

Or am I wrong and they are the Howards?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
I thought that Danny Donahue's dad still owned the Campbell molds? Or at least my memory is telling me the DCM's were the Campbells.

Danny was using the Howard mold, i'm not too sure if his dad had the Campbell mold. I did meet his dad once in passing at his law shop in SNA, didnt take him for a boater? but what do I know.

guest hs

Reaction score
DCM are Howard’s with the 2nd gen Deck on it. This new Tahiti lay up looks more like Spectra but there’s no good pick of its dead rise which is a dead give away or the angle of the decks step. Really sharp looking boat!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I don’t see Todd lying about what mold he’s using to build a boat. He’s been at it long enough to know a lie small or big in regards to what hull he’s using would come about and only hurt him.

Taboma

Reaction score

Last I knew, my old friend Marty had the Campbell molds.

guest hs

Reaction score
I don’t think he is lying about it he said the tool came from Havasu and it’s labeled Campbell it just doesn’t look like one from what I’m seeing

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Shit it’s a 20’ ? Feels bigger.
The Howard mold DCM got sold to Ricky maxxed out Marine

We built this hull for a ski race dude in havasu. He brought us the tool. We put our 21 skier belly tank in it.

Getting a 400r outboard

It feels much bigger then the DCM 21
7C2722C3-674B-45AA-B6C7-C52FF6031BDA.jpeg

sangerflattbottom

Reaction score
I received an email about a month ago that the Campbell molds were for sale. They are or were owned by Marty Raymond who owns Campbell Custom Cruisers in Lake Havasu City. I believe D'cucci laid up a 20' & 24' Whaler about 3 or 4 years ago and they are both awesome boats! Can't speak for what I see in the picture although the bow appears to be smooth which is not how a Campbell was produced.

guest hs

Reaction score
I’m telling you right now that is not the same hull as the pictured red and white Campbell. I like it much better then the Campbell just would like to know what it is

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Shit it’s a 20’ ? Feels bigger.
The Howard mold DCM got sold to Ricky maxxed out Marine

We built this hull for a ski race dude in havasu. He brought us the tool. We put our 21 skier belly tank in it.

Getting a 400r outboard

It feels much bigger then the DCM 21
View attachment 822664

That is not a Campbell.. It's definitely a Spectra (variant). Probably D'Gucci's old molds? Possilbe Silverwing (Which I believe was stretched a foot?) or a Continental?

Can we see the Transom? If it's a canyon I can tell you pretty quick.

Incidentally the guy that has the All Red Spectra down in Parker has the desirable Spectra 20 Mold (can build jet / IO / V-drive out of it) and is willing to part with it for 5K.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Definitely not a Canyon. My guess would be it’s D’Gucci. (spectra 20)

I believe he was the last one laying up Campbell’s as well.

dave29

Reaction score
+1 on Spectra variant. Attached is a picture of my Campbell 22. I had a 20' Campbell and it along with the 22' had a longer deck as my
Untitled-2.jpeg
old mind seems to recall..

RaceTec

Reaction score
That is not a Campbell.. It's definitely a Spectra (variant). Probably D'Gucci's old molds? Possilbe Silverwing (Which I believe was stretched a foot?) or a Continental?

Can we see the Transom? If it's a canyon I can tell you pretty quick.

Incidentally the guy that has the All Red Spectra down in Parker has the desirable Spectra 20 Mold (can build jet / IO / V-drive out of it) and is willing to part with it for 5K.

RD
That boat is Red Rocket, bitchen v-drive! Scott at Hot Rods and Hobbies has that mold... Thought he mentioned something about wanting to sell it but don't think he has yet?

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Scott had the Mold up for sale for quite a while, he did build a beautiful all Red New Spectra out of that mold. This looks like a brand new Spectra, you can see the HIN numbers in the picture and its clearly a SPE20 ###

guest hs

Reaction score
So I wonder why it would have a Spectra HIN # if Tahiti is laying it up wouldn’t it have their HIN # on it? I know Joey Cucci has a 20 Spectra mold and I would assume this Is it.

fmo24

Reaction score
So I wonder why it would have a Spectra HIN # if Tahiti is laying it up wouldn’t it have their HIN # on it? I know Joey Cucci has a 20 Spectra mold and I would assume this Is it.
I would imagine this is a sub type deal. Customer brings tool and Tahiti lays it up. Customer takes and rigs not Tahiti??

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Dude had a re-issue number he brought over. Nothing crazy. It his mold deal, we just did the labor. Cool boat.
Did we decide what mold it actually is?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Dude had a re-issue number he brought over. Nothing crazy. It his mold deal, we just did the labor. Cool boat.
Did we decide what mold it actually is?
Who Fuggin cares?
I love seeing a boat like this being built. (Thumbs up thingy here, @RiverDave ...When you going to get us a thumbs up thingy:mad:)
I really like this.
I may have to go try and swing a deal about swapping some labor for a bare hull....

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Who Fuggin cares?
I love seeing a boat like this being built. (Thumbs up thingy here, @RiverDave ...When you going to get us a thumbs up thingy:mad:)
I really like this.
I may have to go try and swing a deal about swapping some labor for a bare hull....

Totally agree bad ass build right here. I love that these new day cruisers are getting outboard power.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
48E78533-2683-4B32-A6B3-B849D514EA96.jpeg

One of the finest Campbell ever built.Pretty sure RDP member brought her to this time in her life.

sintax

Reaction score
@Goodtime$ without derailing this tooooo much, how much lighter could someone get a hull if they did a carbon fiber / vac bagged layup on one of these?

Goodtime$

Reaction score
@Goodtime$ without derailing this tooooo much, how much lighter could someone get a hull if they did a carbon fiber / vac bagged layup on one of these?

Its always a factor of time and money. Bagging with foam core is the best option to save weight. Not sure this style boat merits the effort. Coosa floor and transom, hand laid would be a best option.

rush1

Reaction score
I agree who cares that's a killer looking boat and with a new outboard is going to be bad ass

HowardRC

Reaction score
It definitely appears to be some variation of the spectra mold

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Looks just like my 83 Howard, which is a Spectra copy. Nice looking boat.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking hull. What do the strakes look like on the bottom?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I got cash for a whaler mold! Big open bows are rad.

I would love to see someone whip out a mold for a 24' whaler with twin outboards that would be a bad ass ride.

You've got the bottom sitting there you could tool a top?