WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 26' Sport Chutes parasail

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm selling my Sport Chutes Over Texas parasail, it's new, 26' diameter, with a harness and 300' of polypropylene tow rope.

It's new, because the parasail I originally owned was sent to Sport Chutes for repair after a dickhead in a bass boat ran over the tow rope while it was in the water and a passenger was ready to take off. It dragged the passenger and the sail off the island and into the water and damaged it, so off for repairs. Three weeks later, Sport Chutes informed me they had sent my repaired sail to someone in Australia by mistake.

So I got a new sail from them. We used it one time and put it away for the winter. That winter I had my first knee replacement and the rest is history, as they say. Never used it again.

The sail, harness, and tow rope are absolutely perfect. It has a Dacron carry bag that everything fits in. In November, I took it to a laundromat and washed it. I inspected it closely and put it back in the bag. It's ready to go.

It's all yours for $800. Shipping isn't included, and neither is the cat.

45199384645_88981bd3be_b.jpg

46060928492_087fc7bdeb_b.jpg

45386869434_d78b9fdcd8_b.jpg

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I guess there's no one in RDP land that loves adventure. :confused:

Sherpa

Reaction score
where are you located? What are some of the particulars about one of these?

what would max weight be for the rider? or does it just depend on boat/wind speed? do you know of lake restrictions regarding use of a parasail?

I think t would be fun as heck... I'm sure I would be bombarded with requests for rides.!

--Scott

rrrr

Reaction score
where are you located? What are some of the particulars about one of these?

what would max weight be for the rider? or does it just depend on boat/wind speed? do you know of lake restrictions regarding use of a parasail?

I think t would be fun as heck... I'm sure I would be bombarded with requests for rides.!

--Scott

I'm in Dallas. I flew a 230 lb rider regularly with a 23' open bow powered by a 310 HP 7.4L Bravo I. A 26' sail can handle that easily. Most people have 24' sails, they're cheaper, but you have to go faster. I towed at 25-35 mph. You gotta speed up going downwind.

They're easy to fly safely if you go in good condition, wind less than 12-14 mph. If you buy it I'll type up an instruction booklet for the driver, ground crew, and passenger. We did it for 6 years and only had a couple of skinned knees.

You need to check lakes in your area. We flew from a Corps of Engineers lake, and never had interaction with them or TPWD wardens. Not once. You have to find out about your local lakes.

The ideal spot to fly from is a small island or narrow peninsula, that way you can land without good night in the water. Swing around the end with the boat, and float em down.

If you can drive a slalom skier, you can parasail.

Mack

Reaction score
You still have this for sale?

rrrr

Reaction score
You still have this for sale?

No, I sold it on eBay shortly after I posted this thread. It went for $950. We had fun with parasails for years. Our lake was perfect for it because there is a small island located on the end of a thin peninsula. I would swing around the island, drop the sail right on the crew, and they would unhook and have another passenger ready to go within a minute or two. We used FRS radios for communication.

In the five years we flew, there was never any injury worse than a skinned knee, and the crew was flawless launching the sail regardless of the passenger's experience level. If you've ever watched people flying at a local lake, about every fifth try the passenger and the sail go into the water because the crews don't understand how to launch them straight.

Mack

Reaction score
Thanks if I get one I will ask for more advise