WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 4 seat RZR or Build wifes JKU

aj923

Reaction score
Need some help from the folks that have done both. RZR or Jeep?

I just sold my 2 seat RZR 900 because there are now 3 of us and my daughter is getting big enough to go for mild off road rides.

So do we buy a new/used 4 seat RZR and enjoy that or do we build my wifes Jeep?

Wife currently drives a 4 door wrangler sport. All stock currently but she is begging me to lift it and do tires and wheels. We have done some mild offroading in it but it seems to beat you up. Does a decent lift really help that much? Or will I always be wanting to go back to the RZR.

I was thinking if we do the Jeep I could drop a little more coin on a nicer kit and go out and enjoy it. While this is my wives daily driver we have a spare vehicle if this were to be broken on the trail. Also we have a trailer that will haul the Jeep or a RZR already.

outboard_256

Reaction score
short of building a ultra 4 the jeep will never keep up and handle as well as a rzr off road for high speed stuff. Just 2 completely different vehicles. Jeep will be find for moderate speeds on fireroads and slow cruising on anything else. You will never be catching air or slamming whoops in a jeep. I would more look at the trails/rides you plan on going on and use the vehicle best suited for it.

In my opinion atleast.

aj923

Reaction score
short of building a ultra 4 the jeep will never keep up and handle as well as a rzr off road for high speed stuff. Just 2 completely different vehicles. Jeep will be find for moderate speeds on fireroads and slow cruising on anything else. You will never be catching air or slamming whoops in a jeep. I would more look at the trails/rides you plan on going on and use the vehicle best suited for it.

In my opinion atleast.

I kinda figured that.

I guess I just was looking for some opinions from people that have both a built jeep and a RZR to see if the jeep would ever be something that wasn't going to beat the heck out of us lol

outboard_256

Reaction score
main problem is solid front axle and total weight. Takes a lot of money to overcome those to handle like a razr. If you want to cruise at 30-40 mph on fireroads and 15-20 mph on trails then I think you can get the jeep there comfortable. But you know a stock rzr will hammer whoops at 50 mph stock. You will be bending axles housings and frames on a jeep doing that.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I used to fly my Jeep and high speed runs in the 40-60 mph range on fire roads were common. It never really broke outside of radiator lines and blown out sidewalls. The Razor is a purpose built toy that is somewhere between a Jeep and a buggy. It all depends on what you really want to do. Jumping, powerslides, etc... get the Razor. Fun off road toy that will get you to work the next day go build the Jeep. Not sure if you are looking at new or used but with prices on the new Razors I might be considering something like this:

https://classifieds.race-dezert.com/ad-details.php?category=69&adid=142239

4tsew107ywof9woi2ywtafcwyohzc5.jpg

rik1vd0ga4cv5rszdu4pgk11zpvgpg.jpg

vxjxo8mz2cinvu43qn5x3lfy0x4pby.jpg

48ejwjsrrcjrdgji98nhxucieekqqc.jpg

5dkqlxk6dzyywrsu2jlngy76yvj3k0.jpg

ghy7j30mw6qevusdhenbcbqh8w5t9d.jpg

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Where will it likely be used at? (what state?) In Ca., I'd do the jeep, more places it's legal.

For Az., the Rzr.

Dan'l

aj923

Reaction score
Would love to do a sand car but too pretty to destroy in the rocks. Plus I need something with 4 wheel drive.

We live in AZ so it will be used out here. But its a ways away from any trails where we live so the RZR will be trailered most of the time.

DLC

Reaction score
I have 2 jeeps and looking for a rzr when my rhino sells.

They are 2 different types of rides, wife loves the jeep and cruising around, plus ac and heater, but in Havasu it kinda beats you up some - lotta humps and rocks.

So what do your friends do? Hard to keep up in a jeep if everyone has rzr’s And then you don’t want to be the guy in a rzr with everyone in jeeps

2 different rides

Fixing up the jeep with tires and a small lift is easy and not that $$$$ Before getting 37’s have your wife climb in / out of one with 37’s to see how she does, 35’s might best best for an everyday driver

aj923

Reaction score
Sounds like my initial thought was the right one. New 4 seat RZR here we come haha!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Buggy can get you anywhere and everywhere a rzr can but even more comfortably. The pricing on these new RZR’s is insane!
F951E4CB-206C-49C3-A44A-1F3C74D61C4D.jpeg

Havalife

Reaction score
Do a nice lift on the jeep to keep the wife happy, if you go with 37" tires you can get the Rock Slide step sliders so she can get in easy. You can spend a lot of money once you get started on a jeep build so be careful and research before you buy anything or go to a good shop. Not all shops can build a jeep properly so stop buy a few and see what they have. If you are doing it on your own then you know what to do. Maybe look at a nice used Rzr or Can am and see how the family likes it. We prefer a jeep and have no interest in getting a SXS but I have more in my jeep than I would have in a Can Am, and I am still not done.