WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New 79 Spectra 20 Project

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting this. Picked this sucker up a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't pass up the deal. I love these boats and have always wanted one. By far may favorite hull of all time. They just look so good.
spectra4.jpg

spectra1.jpg

Its a 1979 20. Has a merc 260/alpha combo but thats gonna get changed. Right now the plan is to strip her down and clean it up and see whats usable and not. Then i can get a better idea of what i need to get and the road moving forward. The 260/Alpha will get pulled so if anyone is interested in it let me know (its missing a few parts but mostly there). I already have a 5.3LS I had Bostick build me for another project that is now gonna go in this. I haven't dynod it yet but It should be somewhere in the 450hp range. Gonna put a bravo on it but don't have one yet so ill be on the hunt for a deal. Interior is pretty much garbage and I'm tossing. I want to change to a rear bench anyways. I have never been a big fan of the jump seat set up. Trailer definitely needs some work and those gangster wheels are the first thing to go. I don't know who thought those looked good, lol. Im super excited for this project. I think with the LS/Bravo deal it should be a real good runner. Ill try and keep you guys updated as much as possible.👍

Xring01

Reaction score
I am expecting a Stress Eliminator type of thread...
So break out some fiberglass, some math, physics, a couple engineers, boat load of work, lots pictures, and answering our questions...

Those are the best threads.. you got your work cut out for you;)

namba860

Havasu Marine Specialties
Reaction score
I have a used bravo transom assy. That just needs a new tiller arm.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Good luck with the project, several Spectra guys on here, if you need any help let us know!

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
I am expecting a Stress Eliminator type of thread...
So break out some fiberglass, some math, physics, a couple engineers, boat load of work, lots pictures, and answering our questions...

Those are the best threads.. you got your work cut out for you;)
I'll try my best! It's probably gonna be a slow going project in the beginning so bare with me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
Good luck with the project, several Spectra guys on here, if you need any help let us know!
Thank you. I've read all you spectra owners threads. Some good inspiration on here for sure. I guarantee I'll have lots of questions for you guys.

hd85ironhead

Reaction score
I've been rebuilding my 78 Spectra 20, a bit at a time. Got lots of info, if you have a question.

Backlash

Reaction score
Nice boat and a nice work space you have too. Keep the thread going with updates when you have time. ;)

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
Nice boat and a nice work space you have too. Keep the thread going with updates when you have time. ;)
Thank you. Im gonna try. Busy times right now so im not getting anything done on it but after memorial im planning on getting after it.

Rapp

Reaction score
Nice boat can’t wait to see what you do to it. Did you by any chance get that from a guy in central Cal? I was looking at on up there.

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
Nice boat can’t wait to see what you do to it. Did you by any chance get that from a guy in central Cal? I was looking at on up there.
Got it from a guy in Kerman not far from. Fresno.

Rapp

Reaction score
Yep that’s the one. Stoked for you brother! You got a sweet boat at a sweet price. Keep posting.

PuraVida Victory

Reaction score
Yep that’s the one. Stoked for you brother! You got a sweet boat at a sweet price. Keep posting.
Thanks. Its a little more nasty and dirty inside then I expected but the hull is solid and in good shape. Just needs a good wet sand and buff. Im super excited to get this thing going.