New AZ offroad law for visitors

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
86A0DB3E-00AD-4929-902C-677CA5E777B4.jpeg

That’s not very nice… 🤨👀

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I wonder if they sell them at the Windsor launch ramp office?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Didn’t that start last year?

Just register your stuff in AZ and you don’t have to pay the CA visitor reg fees. Get your AZ ID while you are in the MVD, show that to anyone that stops you off road.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Just register your stuff in AZ and you don’t have to pay the CA visitor reg fees. Get your AZ ID while you are in the MVD, show that to anyone that stops you off road.
I'll just get my $30 Cali visitor tag even though I'm "legal" per se and then still show em my Az ID.😁
What I find odd about that is they're sold by random retailers in various states.

Singleton

Reaction score
I have had those stickers for my quads since 2019.
Nothing new about it, but it is being enforced more then past years.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

You still have to buy an off road tag for a az plate for 25 a year. This is cheaper then having a plate and off road sticker lol

redone76

Reaction score

Yep...had to buy a sticker last year when I brought my buggy out for thanksgiving

8dayz

Reaction score
You have to buy one to off-road in Colorado as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You still have to buy an off road tag for a az plate for 25 a year. This is cheaper then having a plate and off road sticker lol

I’m unclear on what you are referring to here?

With my RZR and kids quad I’m good with the AZ plate (non RV plate) and AZ off-road sticker in CA and AZ, for the $25 AZ off road sticker. Definitely the cheapest way to go.

redone76

Reaction score
Now this brings up a question...I sold the buggy and bought a Suzuki Samurai. I registered it in AZ on Friday so I don't have to deal with smog. I plan on off-roading it in AZ and SoCal. Do I need an off-road sticker for AZ and California? Or since it's plated I'm good?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Now this brings up a question...I sold the buggy and bought a Suzuki Samurai. I registered it in AZ on Friday so I don't have to deal with smog. I plan on off-roading it in AZ and SoCal. Do I need an off-road sticker for AZ and California? Or since it's plated I'm good?

You are good since it is plated.

Singleton

Reaction score

AZ Plate = good to go

77charger

Reaction score
Copying Ca. but for less $🙄😖
Actually ca is slightly different.If you have a registered titled ohv in your state ca will recognize your states current reg,If it is not registered in your state then you need to buy the out of state tag.Example az registered tags up to date go to glamis you are good to go no need for sticker have the rv plate in az then you need the sticker.

Az doesnt care if you are currently registerd in your home state its come to use buy the sticker

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Actually ca is slightly different.If you have a registered titled ohv in your state ca will recognize your states current reg,If it is not registered in your state then you need to buy the out of state tag.Example az registered tags up to date go to glamis you are good to go no need for sticker have the rv plate in az then you need the sticker.

Az doesnt care if you are currently registerd in your home state its come to use buy the sticker
Yes, I'm cognizant of those rules. There's been some "confusion" among LEO in regards to it so for $30 it's simple enough to make em look the other way and leave me the fuk alone😂😄

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yep.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes, I'm cognizant of those rules. There's been some "confusion" among LEO in regards to it so for $30 it's simple enough to make em look the other way and leave me the fuk alone😂😄

I think the only confusion is from the people that whip out a CA ID, in CA, with an AZ registered off road vehicle and put themselves in a quagmire.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

So California is actually better than AZ in this regard

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
my RZR is plated with primary on road.. what’s the difference?

Pertaining to the question he is asking, nothing. A samurai is street legal in CA, so just having the street plate on it with valid on road registration makes it legal for off roading in CA.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yes, for now. For my daughters quad I just bought new, if I registered in in CA, I would have still had to pay for an AZ non resident off road permit (which is more than the AZ sticker). If I registered it in AZ I just pay $25 a year and it is good in AZ and CA. So now it has an AZ plate and resident off road sticker.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I think the only confusion is from the people that whip out a CA ID, in CA, with an AZ registered off road vehicle and put themselves in a quagmire.
My point is more about avoiding the contact with leo to start with......

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I’m unclear on what you are referring to here?

With my RZR and kids quad I’m good with the AZ plate (non RV plate) and AZ off-road sticker in CA and AZ, for the $25 AZ off road sticker. Definitely the cheapest way to go.

I’m saying buying an out of state tag is cheaper then buying a az plate plus az off road sticker

rivergames

Reaction score
This is why I LOVE Parker because you don't get F'd with offroading!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
For me on a dirt bike it’s always been good luck trying to catch me… has that changed?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m saying buying an out of state tag is cheaper then buying a az plate plus az off road sticker
With my quads and RZR I have the opposite experience, but that is just because of the CA-AZ thing. It is likely a different equation for other states.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I had to purchase a Utah tag to go off road this year. Just another money grab.

Last edited:

redone76

Reaction score
When I was at the ADOT in Parker on Friday I noticed the AZ Fish and Game yard across the street had a few unmarked rzrs parked in it. Hopefully they don't start cracking down.

77charger

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes they accept current out of state registrations.If your home state does not have a registration program then you need the out of state sticker.Kind of surprised ca hasnt gone the full deal and force everyone to buy a sticker regardless of registration in home state.

My sand rail is still ca registered damn az mvd didnt want my money or transfer my title to az when i tried last year havent gone back to try again gave ne bullshit it couldnt be done etc that only option was a bonded title which is dumb since i already had a title.Third party got it figured out but couldnt transfer it either because they say they could only issue me the large plate and i would need emissions.May attempt it one more time before season starts

eliminate-her

Reaction score
Just paid for mine, need a Williams trip before it gets too cold.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Pretty soon you’re going to have to register everything in every state 🤦‍♂️😂

EPL

Reaction score

We purchased the in 2019 !!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

From what I understand Parker got a couple of RZR's to do patrol the Desert. Personally I take offense to the idea of LEO patrolling the Desert. The whole point of going to a desolate place is to get away from things like that.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe Havasu is patrolling the Desert Yet.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
we don't need no stinkin stickers
patrol the streets in our illegally registered primarily off road sxs
Resized_Resized_20210904_195207.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
From what I understand Parker got a couple of RZR's to do patrol the Desert. Personally I take offense to the idea of LEO patrolling the Desert. The whole point of going to a desolate place is to get away from things like that.

Can you imagine being out 20 miles in Mohave wash and getting a DUI. Seems possible.

This is complete BS along with the entire ohv sticker program. It provides dick zero for the consumer and is ONLY yet another revenue stream for the extortionist. AZGF is sooooo far out of what their role is it’s ridiculous.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score

If they leave me alone in camp I am OK with it.
Stop the idiots out on the trail doing stupid shit and leave everyone else alone.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
If they leave me alone in camp I am OK with it.
Stop the idiots out on the trail doing stupid shit and leave everyone else alone.
You know that won't happen. They will be after the camps first cause less work

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk