WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New boat 22 Vaughn

sintax

Reaction score
Do you have the clean rayson there? If so I tried to get my motor and trans in it and hooked it up to my truck. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha ya, thats my rayson.

Its getting a little love and fresh engine. When I bought it there were some things I was not too keen on, that I felt were kind of lack luster and belonged more in a fishing boat =)

So John is helping get me dialed in on the rigging / wiring. Hes moving the water pickup from the floor, to the cavs, adding some sea strainers, getting rid of the plastic batt boxes and mounting them forward in some nice billet boxes.

jstnoc

Reaction score
Any progress Mike?

Tony it’s getting there. Plumbing is coming together then need to work on interior. I might just run it with the old back seat and hatch but not my first choice.

IMG_4253.JPG
IMG_4258.JPG
IMG_4388.JPG
IMG_4279.JPG

lenmann

Reaction score
A good find!! If anyone is looking for nice stainless stringer washers here you go https://www.extsw.com/ I had a bunch of custom sizes run for this build and my 21.

GREAT find! Thanks for the tip.

Seeing the pic of your starter and wiring made me think, are custom boats like these rigged with marine grade spark shielded electric components (starter, relays, solenoids, alternator, etc.) ? I know your boat will have the engine compartment enclosed so there is a risk of explosion in the event of a fuel leak. Some day I will need to rig mine.

Oh, and what hinges are you using on the hatch?

Oh, and the boat is looking great!

And yes, I am on my third cup of coffee...

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

lenmann

Reaction score
This guy is in Havasu. It’s an actual machine shop and he has bins and bins of stringer washers. They are unfinished. He just makes them. But they are cheap. He also makes fuel lines and other cool stuff.

Very cool store, and you're right his prices are great.

Who is the "go to" for polished stainless hardware these days?

jstnoc

Reaction score
Cool shop for sure!!

Lenmann - Hinges are Eddie Motorsports auto hood hinges to replace the old stock Monte Carlo hinges. Stainless parts are limited now but generally Bergeron Engineering in AZ has what I need.

lenmann

Reaction score
Cool shop for sure!!

Lenmann - Hinges are Eddie Motorsports auto hood hinges to replace the old stock Monte Carlo hinges. Stainless parts are limited now but generally Bergeron Engineering in AZ has what I need.

Thanks! The boat is looking great.

jstnoc

Reaction score
A little more progress. plumbing is pretty much done.
IMG_4470.JPG

We mounted the cooler under the trans mount
IMG_4474.JPG

Built a carb plate to mount throttle bracket and msd box on top and coil underneath since I didn’t have room between the back seat and motor for head mount.
IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

sintax

Reaction score
nice man! Worth the wait? I know this has been a long time coming for you.

jstnoc

Reaction score
nice man! Worth the wait? I know this has been a long time coming for you.

Only had a short run with it but definitely exceeded my expectations. The cav plates, bottom blueprint, and extra power help this heavy deep v free up a bit. Not sure what it will run but it is definitely a different running boat for the better.

lenmann

Reaction score
That is sooo cool! Congrats!

I kept waiting for the camera to slip right just a little to see the big 'ol shit eating grin on your face. Great to see her getting wet.

sintax

Reaction score
Only had a short run with it but definitely exceeded my expectations. The cav plates, bottom blueprint, and extra power help this heavy deep v free up a bit. Not sure what it will run but it is definitely a different running boat for the better.

I know the feeling on that one. Believe it or not, my boats been at Johns for 6 months already. :(

I'm curious to see how mine differers as well, that new engine is about double the horsepower of my old one. I got a feeling i'm going to be running out of prop, but we'll see how to spins. I think it has 12's in the box, so that SHOULD be fine for a healthy N/A setup, worst case I can always step up to some 18's next season if needed.

jstnoc

Reaction score
I know the feeling on that one. Believe it or not, my boats been at Johns for 6 months already. :(

I'm curious to see how mine differers as well, that new engine is about double the horsepower of my old one. I got a feeling i'm going to be running out of prop, but we'll see how to spins. I think it has 12's in the box, so that SHOULD be fine for a healthy N/A setup, worst case I can always step up to some 18's next season if needed.

What power are you putting back in it?

Last edited:

norcalLmo

Reaction score
All right - totally doing a Call-out here - ya just can't do a 'snipet' video and leave us hanging here LOL!!!!!! Let see more!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the 'teaser' lookin GREAT!!!!!!!

sintax

Reaction score
What power are you putting back in it? My setup is 750hp 29’s 11.25x15 3 blade menkens. I went up from 15’s to 29’s.

I had Bostick build me a nice 468 full roller, didnt quiet dyno to your 750 number, but not bad.

I spotted the boat was back at Concept when I went up there yesterday.

jstnoc

Reaction score
that interior came out great!

who did it?

Martinez did new foam and recover of the seats and Cobra boats did carpet, side panels, center floor cover.

lenmann

Reaction score
OH MY GAWD! Damn, that interior came out nice.

The rigging all looks spot on too, classy, and I am liking the SS hardline.

What's going on with those gage bezels? I don't think I have seen that configuration before, but they look great on that dash.

The boat is looking awesome, super classy cruiser.

sintax

Reaction score
Martinez did new foam and recover of the seats and Cobra boats did carpet, side panels, center floor cover.

killer! It looks great. Glad Martinez did you right, they really burnt my brother in law.

jstnoc

Reaction score
OH MY GAWD! Damn, that interior came out nice.

The rigging all looks spot on too, classy, and I am liking the SS hardline.

What's going on with those gage bezels? I don't think I have seen that configuration before, but they look great on that dash.

The boat is looking awesome, super classy cruiser.

The gauge bezels are recessed bezels that were made for some Schiada’s during the 90’s that I have collected over the years. am still needing to find 2 or have someone make 2 of the tach and gps as those are too big and were made for the old Rex marine water filled speedo. Made some stainless rings to make them work for now.

jstnoc

Reaction score
killer! It looks great. Glad Martinez did you right, they really burnt my brother in law.

It took 3 - 4 tries on all pieces!! I ended up pulling the hatch cover off and fixing the carriage bolts myself as I was done dealing with Martinez. Not a fan.

sintax

Reaction score
It took 3 - 4 tries on all pieces!! I ended up pulling the hatch cover off and fixing the carriage bolts myself as I was done dealing with Martinez. Not a fan.

haha man, that’s closer to what I was expecting. Sorry you had to go through that man.

evantwheeler

Reaction score

This boat is so clean. Sanitary is the word. And classy, very classy. Timeless too.

So you wouldn't use Martinez to build you a new hatch from scratch if you have the old one to pattern off of? Did they at least do good work on the vinyl? @sintax

Who in the IE area would you reccomend.

sintax

Reaction score
This boat is so clean. Sanitary is the word. And classy, very classy. Timeless too.

So you wouldn't use Martinez to build you a new hatch from scratch if you have the old one to pattern off of? Did they at least do good work on the vinyl? @sintax

Who in the IE area would you reccomend.

I've seen Martinez turn out some VERY good work. The interior on my brother in laws boat is GREAT, there were just some issues with the timeline promised, carpet and speaker wiring when he got it back.

If you can NOT have your boat there, and just bring them the hatch, and you inspect their work, i'd say you're totally safe. I dont know if things changed, but they were storing everything outside a few years back.

BigRedBryan

Reaction score
Boat looks good buddy, BTW nice wickens and schiada in the background. Haha

lenmann

Reaction score
Great looking boat, and smooth as silk too! Looks like it gets up and goes when you press the loud pedal.

mbrown2

Reaction score
That thing turned out sick....takes a nice set... would love to see it running in a bit of chop! Great job!