WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NEW BOAT (For Me) 2002 DCB MACH 26

hemetdragracer

Reaction score
Just picked up a 02 DCB Mach 26 over the weekend... Anyone know it's history? I know the previous owner said he was the third owner, just curious if anyone else had any dirt on it , good or bad???

Attachments

• 26dcb.jpg
    26dcb.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 420
  • dcb1.jpg
    dcb1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 423

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the one that caught on fire and sunk. Looks like they did a great job patching it up. [emoji106]

Jk. Nice looking boat. What power is in it? 500efi?

kona83

Reaction score
Beautiful boat! I just picked up an 01 Mach 26 last week. We had it in Havasu for its first trip out and it was awesome. Congrats!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the one that caught on fire and sunk. Looks like they did a great job patching it up. [emoji106]

Holy shit:yikes Hope that was disclosed in the pre purchase discussion.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Boat looks good! What motor package do you have?

hemetdragracer

Reaction score

LOL... Its a 502 with a Whipple

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
LOL... Its a 502 with a Whipple

That's sweet. [emoji106]. With stock power they get stuck in the porpoise zone. You'll have no trouble driving through it.

HavaToon

Reaction score
That's sweet. [emoji106]. With stock power they get stuck in the porpoise zone. You'll have no trouble driving through it.

OD1 - what's the fix for the hop other than more power?

HavaToon

Reaction score
Nice boat! My buddy just picked one up as well.

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Very nice, we bought a Mach26 last season. We loved that boat.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I owned that boat from 2002 to 2004. Prior to me, I think Kap (a long time member of Hotboat don't know if he visits here) had it built and traded it to DCB who I bought it from. It had less than 80 hours when I bought and I probably put 30 on it while I had it; I never really changed anything to it....just drove it and it was a great boat. I had an F Series built and sold to a friend. The motor grenaded on him and he had it rebuilt and I think rebuilt the drive as well at the time. He had GT do all the work on the rebuild and before he sold it the boat ran great and then he sold it to a person up north. Not sure how many hours that next owner put on it.... GT turned that 502 into a 540 during that rebuild and the boat ran much faster than when I had it.....it ran close to 90 when I had it and was pushing over 100 after the rebuild..

Good luck with it...really enjoyed that boat....after the canopies you really long for the smooth lines of the Mach...

hemetdragracer

Reaction score
I owned that boat from 2002 to 2004. Prior to me, I think Kap (a long time member of Hotboat don't know if he visits here) had it built and traded it to DCB who I bought it from. It had less than 80 hours when I bought and I probably put 30 on it while I had it; I never really changed anything to it....just drove it and it was a great boat. I had an F Series built and sold to a friend. The motor grenaded on him and he had it rebuilt and I think rebuilt the drive as well at the time. He had GT do all the work on the rebuild and before he sold it the boat ran great and then he sold it to a person up north. Not sure how many hours that next owner put on it.... GT turned that 502 into a 540 during that rebuild and the boat ran much faster than when I had it.....it ran close to 90 when I had it and was pushing over 100 after the rebuild..

Good luck with it...really enjoyed that boat....after the canopies you really long for the smooth lines of the Mach...

Awesome, I knew someone would know some history! What I know from the previous owner, is that he bought it from a guy up north, owned it for 8-9 years, He said he bought it with a 502 in it, so I wonder if it had the 540 still? He said it was a great boat until the engine shit the bed last year, He had a Mercruiser 502 long block put in it... which is how I got it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
OD1 - what's the fix for the hop other than more power?

The hop is around 75-80 for almost 10 mph. If you don't have enough motor to get through it it kind of sucks. Ours had the 575sc and struggled to get through it. Sold the boat a few weeks later.

Water rod

Reaction score
Nice boat! My buddy just picked one up as well.

Great looking boat! I recommend Aaron at absolute marine in Havasu if you need any maintenance. Make sure you have a mechanic go through it if you have not done so before the season starts. Good luck and see you out there!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Awesome, I knew someone would know some history! What I know from the previous owner, is that he bought it from a guy up north, owned it for 8-9 years, He said he bought it with a 502 in it, so I wonder if it had the 540 still? He said it was a great boat until the engine shit the bed last year, He had a Mercruiser 502 long block put in it... which is how I got it.

When my buddy sold it to the person up north it still had the 540 in it....it still had the 502 EFI Merc intake on it so from the outside with the exception of CMI Tips (I think that is what he replaced the factory manifolds with) you would think it is a stock 502 with a whipple on it.

When I had the boat it had no ill handling characteristics....a hop was mentioned earlier but there are ways to drive through it, under it, or over it....heck you can even drive with a slight arc and get rid of it.

Funny but when I bough the boat the former owner had 2-3 different cushions made to place across the floor under the mid cabin to make into a bed. I think I still have those at my river house.....I will check this weekend when I am there. I tried to give them to the NoCal owner but they never made it work to pick them up in Parker...Seems like you may be local we can either hook up at the river, or I can bring them home to Huntington Beach.

hemetdragracer

Reaction score
When my buddy sold it to the person up north it still had the 540 in it....it still had the 502 EFI Merc intake on it so from the outside with the exception of CMI Tips (I think that is what he replaced the factory manifolds with) you would think it is a stock 502 with a whipple on it.

When I had the boat it had no ill handling characteristics....a hop was mentioned earlier but there are ways to drive through it, under it, or over it....heck you can even drive with a slight arc and get rid of it.

Funny but when I bough the boat the former owner had 2-3 different cushions made to place across the floor under the mid cabin to make into a bed. I think I still have those at my river house.....I will check this weekend when I am there. I tried to give them to the NoCal owner but they never made it work to pick them up in Parker...Seems like you may be local we can either hook up at the river, or I can bring them home to Huntington Beach.
That would be awesome! We should be in Parker a lot this summer... Or I'm just in Hemet, and could meet up with ya.!