WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Boat - Wet Test Question

mab1219

Reaction score
After going through the "new" used boat - 86 Hallet V-Drive Daycruiser - I am finally ready for a wet test. This is my first v-drive and after looking at one of the two water pick-ups i noticed that water is plumbed through the v-drive and then dumped overboard. My question is - should there be water dumping overboard at all times from the v-drive cooling line or only when the boat is underway or should it be dumping even at idle when not in gear? Thanks.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
After going through the "new" used boat - 86 Hallet V-Drive Daycruiser - I am finally ready for a wet test. This is my first v-drive and after looking at one of the two water pick-ups i noticed that water is plumbed through the v-drive and then dumped overboard. My question is - should there be water dumping overboard at all times from the v-drive cooling line or only when the boat is underway or should it be dumping even at idle when not in gear? Thanks.

if the vdrive isnt moving and making heat, why waste pumped water on it? pickup water is fine.

fmo24

Reaction score
if its strictly discharge from the V-drive it will only be dumping when your moving. is the pickup for the V-drive in the bottom of the boat near the V-drive?

mab1219

Reaction score
The pick-up is in the rear of the boat - adjacent to the pick-up for cooling the motor. The v-drive pick up line goes to the casale box and then back out to the rear of the boat where it dumps overboard.