WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Boostpower 600 inch compound motor for RDP member 2200HP!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;a29ijLi7Lg8]https://youtu.be/a29ijLi7Lg8[/video]

This video is when they were boost limiting it and putting it into guardian mode. When you see the puff's of smoke the engine retards the timing and adds 20% fuel to put it in protection mode. It will eventually rev limit itself if driver input doesn't change. There is so much technology going into this stuff now it's crazy!

The motor is 600 inches with a 6:1 compression ratio with 30 lbs of boost.

Makes 2200 HP (yes you read that right) on E98
1800 on C16 VP
1625 on AV gas
Also has a "Valet" setting of 1075 on 89 octange with a selectable switch on the dash.

1200 - 1800 ft pds of torque (also selectable) and makes over 1000 lbs of torque by 2200 RPM!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Bad ass. The level of development and testing they do over there is amazing

bruddah

Reaction score
Holy shit thats badass... I hope there will be a write up on this boat when its completed!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's just nutty!

Where does one get damn near straight ethanol? And at 98%, what's the point of 2% gasoline?

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I want to know more about the parts and pieces that make that beast up. I love anything with turbos and ethanol!

And you can order E98 (or what ever % you want) from almost any race fuel distributor. A lot of peeps I know buy it to “make their own” ethanol blend for consistency.

spectras only

Reaction score
I remember a red one from boostpower at the 2012 streetshow that was over the top too at the time.:thumbsup

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it.
What runway is this guy going to use? 24L or 24R?

MCnParker

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how fast is that bad boy spinning. That is a big mofo and sounds to be spooled up pretty good.

stoker22405

Reaction score
I think it's top secret.

Either that or no one has had the balls to get it to it's top speed :eek

You are probably right...

Kind of a bummer really...All that Hype during the build...Then Poof....that was it...Only video was it towing a inner tube at 25mph....

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
You are probably right...

Kind of a bummer really...All that Hype during the build...Then Poof....that was it...Only video was it towing a inner tube at 25mph....

Lol! Your kinda right! We are so sophisticated but never really got a GoPro or any cameras till really a few years ago as we are just really nerdy into the efi. So shame on us. Now thanks to our marketing team, we have every type of camera and will try to post more videos. These 21's in general go as fast as you gear them to go assuming the handling is in order. The engine in this thread is a somewhat toned down version of mine and was designed to be low profile and 2 main modes of power. It will be muffled and well mannered. It will be setup in the new 24 as 1200 ft lbs and 16-1700 ft lbs on mode 2. Once I run the boat I will decide pre delivery based on prop gear and reaction to power how to fine tune the 2 modes.
As for my boat, We know the limits of it as of now and I guess we should share them but keep In mind it is also only fair for the boat mfg to be involved in what media is released about their boat as well. I will review the request with him. And for the record, we do ski, tube and cat hunt with this boat and it is now several years old and we enjoy it as often as we can with our crazy schedule. A small handful know how it runs and several local lake Naci folks do but it is not our core production engine as you know so marketing may be limited at times. Currently It's like this, hey family let's goto the lake? Ok dad let's go. We go ski play then come home. We don't always have the time to setup cameras telemetry etc. so, sorry for that. I'll get with Lee and see if he cares for me to disclose my best top speed on the alcohol mode and my videos I have. It's been long enough and I think we can release the info. On pump gas 91 the best I've seen is 117(approx 1300ft lbs) and the worst 112:::c16 VP 131 (approx 1700ft lbs) and worst 126 and on kill which is approx 2000 plus ft lbs and high rpm it was quite a bit better but I'm still seeking the best number and have played with e85,e98 and straight alcohol. Before years back my top speed with e85 was only a minimal amount better then the c16 gas. Last summer since I started to play more with newer available fuels that are e98 blends and meth mix I have learned a ton and have made new maps in the boat that were not done originally on our DYNO. These fuels have made a big change. I think I'm their but want to try one last time. On my engine I'm at the maximum abilities of this configuration at 39-41 psi of boost so other then trying 1 more prop and gear setup, I'm at it's max. I tried 62 gears with my overdrive trans which is like an net 82 gear, I've tried 1:1 at over 8000rpm, I've tried so many setups on this boat. I am also at the maximum what I consider safe handling limits that I deem safe. My boat is very heavy for the safety factor and it drives like a high powered tank but their are judgement limitations. The main thing is how fast it achieves the speed and the fact that it is drivable for regular use. Start, idle for long periods, shifting and cruising, auto throttle assist around the docks etc. are the most difficult things to master on tuning as there are a million things going on from bypass valves, blow off valves, waste gates, timing of all these items and the fact that when you close the throttle the air pressure against the blade for a millisecond things can be tuff to manage. All that drivability tuning has taken till now really to absolutely perfect it and was very difficult. Heck, I took the challenge! Anyway I like to not show All my cards for the fun factor.
And yes I'm not afraid to say that at times I get concerned with driving my boat, about every mfg's high speed boats as often as I do to their absolute limits and several times testing trims etc. It's flat out dangerous! It was one thing at 100mph max but now it's closer to 200 mph plus which sets a new tone. So, I like to say that if testing conditions and chase boats are not around it's not the best way to test and I'm anal about it. So yes, my balls may have shrunk a tiny bit, but they must be significant for me to tell you[emoji51]
Ok, so I am excited to announce that a newer type of this engine configuration is in the works with all of the learning and changes we have made both mechanically and electronically along with Turbo technology. Not sure what I will eventually do with the technology but still dedicated to this! Stay tuned it's coming[emoji1303]

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Just plain Bad. Ass. BP.

Ill grab a seat, anytime.

82 total gear. Just vile. :)

Brian

Lol! Your kinda right! We are so sophisticated but never really got a GoPro or any cameras till really a few years ago as we are just really nerdy into the efi. So shame on us. Now thanks to our marketing team, we have every type of camera and will try to post more videos. These 21's in general go as fast as you gear them to go assuming the handling is in order. The engine in this thread is a somewhat toned down version of mine and was designed to be low profile and 2 main modes of power. It will be muffled and well mannered. It will be setup in the new 24 as 1200 ft lbs and 16-1700 ft lbs on mode 2. Once I run the boat I will decide pre delivery based on prop gear and reaction to power how to fine tune the 2 modes.
As for my boat, We know the limits of it as of now and I guess we should share them but keep In mind it is also only fair for the boat mfg to be involved in what media is released about their boat as well. I will review the request with him. And for the record, we do ski, tube and cat hunt with this boat and it is now several years old and we enjoy it as often as we can with our crazy schedule. A small handful know how it runs and several local lake Naci folks do but it is not our core production engine as you know so marketing may be limited at times. Currently It's like this, hey family let's goto the lake? Ok dad let's go. We go ski play then come home. We don't always have the time to setup cameras telemetry etc. so, sorry for that. I'll get with Lee and see if he cares for me to disclose my best top speed on the alcohol mode and my videos I have. It's been long enough and I think we can release the info. On pump gas 91 the best I've seen is 117(approx 1300ft lbs) and the worst 112:::c16 VP 131 (approx 1700ft lbs) and worst 126 and on kill which is approx 2000 plus ft lbs and high rpm it was quite a bit better but I'm still seeking the best number and have played with e85,e98 and straight alcohol. Before years back my top speed with e85 was only a minimal amount better then the c16 gas. Last summer since I started to play more with newer available fuels that are e98 blends and meth mix I have learned a ton and have made new maps in the boat that were not done originally on our DYNO. These fuels have made a big change. I think I'm their but want to try one last time. On my engine I'm at the maximum abilities of this configuration at 39-41 psi of boost so other then trying 1 more prop and gear setup, I'm at it's max. I tried 62 gears with my overdrive trans which is like an net 82 gear, I've tried 1:1 at over 8000rpm, I've tried so many setups on this boat. I am also at the maximum what I consider safe handling limits that I deem safe. My boat is very heavy for the safety factor and it drives like a high powered tank but their are judgement limitations. The main thing is how fast it achieves the speed and the fact that it is drivable for regular use. Start, idle for long periods, shifting and cruising, auto throttle assist around the docks etc. are the most difficult things to master on tuning as there are a million things going on from bypass valves, blow off valves, waste gates, timing of all these items and the fact that when you close the throttle the air pressure against the blade for a millisecond things can be tuff to manage. All that drivability tuning has taken till now really to absolutely perfect it and was very difficult. Heck, I took the challenge! Anyway I like to not show All my cards for the fun factor.
And yes I'm not afraid to say that at times I get concerned with driving my boat, about every mfg's high speed boats as often as I do to their absolute limits and several times testing trims etc. It's flat out dangerous! It was one thing at 100mph max but now it's closer to 200 mph plus which sets a new tone. So, I like to say that if testing conditions and chase boats are not around it's not the best way to test and I'm anal about it. So yes, my balls may have shrunk a tiny bit, but they must be significant for me to tell you[emoji51]
Ok, so I am excited to announce that a newer type of this engine configuration is in the works with all of the learning and changes we have made both mechanically and electronically along with Turbo technology. Not sure what I will eventually do with the technology but still dedicated to this! Stay tuned it's coming[emoji1303]

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Ho-lee-fuck. That is acceleration is ridiculous. It doesn't even seem like a boat. More like some sort of alien spaceship.

It's fun. Some twin turbo only boats take off really hard as well. [emoji1303]

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a beta max video of when Lee and Rich stole my boat for a few hours. Lol. Note negative 1080p minus

[video=youtube_https;CypQtyNWTCY]https://youtu.be/CypQtyNWTCY[/video]

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is another beta max horrible quality iPhone 1 video. Lol
[video=youtube_https;S6hAfiuYxRo]https://youtu.be/S6hAfiuYxRo[/video]