WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 4.58.10 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 4.58.09 PM.jpeg

JBS

Reaction score
Nice rig [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Maybe it's obvious but what hull is that? Not looking familiar.

RodnJen

Reaction score
They‘ve come a long way from Verkamp and the Campbell whaler.

2Driver

Reaction score
I'm guessing donation of some sort

Don't. they were 4 million in the hole to the state funding pensions at the same time doubled staff and bought a $350,000 wildfire forest fire truck and sent the new staff out of state on fire duty, meanwhile padding call numbers in my opinion of course :)

hallett21

Reaction score
the front end being on a hydraulic lift and the twin outboards will make water rescues much easier.

There’s always a bunch of wrecks on the strip. In the hole or not I think having a good fire/rescue boat is a necessity. Even if it’s a loser. The state should be funding this given how many people come to Parker every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Don't. they were 4 million in the hole to the state funding pensions at the same time doubled staff and bought a $350,000 wildfire forest fire truck and sent the new staff out of state on fire duty, meanwhile padding call numbers in my opinion of course :)
I meant the boat was...

Riley1

Reaction score
FIRE boat? Where is the water cannon? Where are the hoses?
looks like a Tax Fee collection boat.
I would be embarrassed to made to wear a uniform and ride in that boat saying I’m “fighting fires”.

GET SOME

Reaction score
Lots of haters! Let’s cry when they pull your ass out of the water!
Good for them to have quality equipment! Would you rather have a tug boat saving you? All boaters should be proud that this is in there fleet to help you when you are in distress.

grumpy88

Reaction score
the front end being on a hydraulic lift and the twin outboards will make water rescues much easier.

There’s always a bunch of wrecks on the strip. In the hole or not I think having a good fire/rescue boat is a necessity. Even if it’s a loser. The state should be funding this given how many people come to Parker every year.

Maybe it should be treated as a work tool and not as a weekend tube float toy

NicPaus

Reaction score
Look how long the Conquest lasted them. Not sure but when it sank i imagine they collected insurance to replace. I have a lot of respect for those guys. They have helped out several of my friends and river neighbors over the years. No hate here. Stoked for them.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
You guys crack me up! Haha. Did any of you spend your COVID stimulus checks?

Government spending out of control. If you don’t like how YOUR local government is spending it go to council or board meetings and voice your opinion. Guaranteed there was some sort of public meeting where this boat was approved.

Other then all that... it’s a cool boat!

grumpy88

Reaction score
Look how long the Conquest lasted them. Not sure but when it sank i imagine they collected insurance to replace. I have a lot of respect for those guys. They have helped out several of my friends and river neighbors over the years. No hate here. Stoked for them.
Except for the week before the old boat sank, it was busy hosing down half naked girls during the tube float instead of being properly maintained . I see it as disrespect to tax payers .

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Usually most public safety boats that are not typical production fire or police boats like you see in Havasu are mostly donation.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
First off, really nice boat. I'd take one!

Second, people are upset about the cost. More than likely, those people haven't the slightest clue what a new fire engine costs. This boat may be less, and a lot more specialized.

Riley1

Reaction score
Lots of haters! Let’s cry when they pull your ass out of the water!
Good for them to have quality equipment! Would you rather have a tug boat saving you? All boaters should be proud that this is in there fleet to help you when you are in distress.

You can disagree with a budget, and still be great full when your tax dollar paid employees do their job.
This is like LAFD having a corvette. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Reactions: DWC

2Driver

Reaction score
No disrespect to you, but a quick search found the PUBLIC MEETING where the Fire Board approved funding “not to exceed $225k for a new fire boat”

So you can suck it! Apparently I do know how Parker works.

LOL the fact you think it was really a public meeting tells me you don’t know. The board scratches it’s own back. You simply don’t know., don’t try to.

GET SOME

Reaction score
You can disagree with a budget, and still be great full when your tax dollar paid employees do their job.
This is like LAFD having a corvette. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Would you rather have a 30mph boat racing from buckskin to the end of the river or a 60+ mph saving your loved one. Do the math 225k for 10 year boat is nothing!

GET SOME

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't buy that bullshit about how much is your kids life worth as a means to justify a fucking blank check

A blank check ?? Give me a break! A fire boat would be 750k plus!

2Driver

Reaction score
Would you rather have a 30mph boat racing from buckskin to the end of the river or a 60+ mph saving your loved one. Do the math 225k for 10 year boat is nothing!

5 years waterfront at Moonridge ( lol the buckskin station) never once saw the buckskin fire conquest go by. Always saw the AZGF, coast guard and la paz sheriff.

Ha, 5 agencies patrol the small section of river and you find it responsible that tax payers in a middle class to poor district should fund a high priced performance boat as a basic patrol boat.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
LOL the fact you think it was really a public meeting tells me you don’t know. The board scratches it’s own back. You simply don’t know., don’t try to.

Well here’s the minutes from that public meeting:

Looks like it was an Open Meeting of the Buckskin Fire Board convened on July 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the classroom of Station 1 of the Buckskin Fire Department located at 8500 Riverside Drive, Parker, AZ 85344 that convened at 6:00 pm.

It did start at 6:05pm though. Not 6:00pm.

Also looks like they post meeting times at their fire stations and the post office, as well as online no less then 24hrs prior.

Don’t bitch and complain if you don’t show up and voice your opinion before the money is spent. It’s way easier to be reactive then proactive. I get it. You’re lazy. You don’t want to waist your precious time.

hallett21

Reaction score
Except for the week before the old boat sank, it was busy hosing down half naked girls during the tube float instead of being properly maintained . I see it as disrespect to tax payers .

How do you feel about the fire boat in Long Beach during the Catalina ski race?

How do you feel about F18s making low passes over boaters?

Sometimes stuff breaks even when it’s maintained. I want quality equipment coming to save me or my loved ones.

2Driver

Reaction score
Well here’s the minutes from that public meeting:

Looks like it was an Open Meeting of the Buckskin Fire Board convened on July 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm in the classroom of Station 1 of the Buckskin Fire Department located at 8500 Riverside Drive, Parker, AZ 85344 that convened at 6:00 pm.

It did start at 6:05pm though. Not 6:00pm.

Also looks like they post meeting times at their fire stations and the post office, as well as online no less then 24hrs prior.

Don’t bitch and complain if you don’t show up and voice your opinion before the money is spent. It’s way easier to be reactive then proactive. I get it. You’re lazy. You don’t want to waist your precious time.

LOL none of that means dick

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Corvette for LAFD...A new Vette costs about the equivalent of one up-fitted LAPD patrol car, and about 1/5 the cost of a pumper fire truck. If the boat is one of several on the same stretch, it may be overkill. If that is the case, instead of complaining about the wasted tax dollars for one boat, maybe it should be questioned why there are so many needed there, and why redundancy is costing so much in general. The stretch I run, Topock north, has one fire boat I have seen. It stays docked normally at Pirates. There may be one further up, but I've never seen it. Is there more funding from federal attributes due to the indian land, I don't know.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
wakeboard tower.. AWESOME!!!

I wonder if we can surf behind it.... maybe some hidden ballast in there...

CSmith

Reaction score
The hate game is strong on this thread. Keyboard warriors. The other boat (conquest) lasted the department 20 years. Yes it was insured and i saw how much insurance gave them for the boat and 100% of it went towards the new boat. It is a Nordic deck. I saw the build sheet as well and what it cost new. I know the usual weekenders only saw it as the firefighters cruising around on holiday weekends looking like big shots but the department has used it for plenty of calls, diving drills, training, etc, majority during the night time but since you all know exactly what the boat is used for you should already know that. Firemen in the little town of Parker arent making your LAFD career salary trust me. If 13$ an hour starting wages is big money for you guys than I feel sorry for you. We just had a hiring, feel free to put in an app, i would love to give you a tour of the station 👍
I guess either way you can't please everyone. Either you have a clapped out boat that isn't worth a darn and the family complains cause a loved one passed away cause you didn't get there fast enough or when the department spends money on something to better the response area the people still get mad. This is why I would never be a politician. Rant over, everyone have a safe 4th 🍻

yz450mm

Reaction score
5 years waterfront at Moonridge ( lol the buckskin station) never once saw the buckskin fire conquest go by. Always saw the AZGF, coast guard and la paz sheriff.

Ha, 5 agencies patrol the small section of river and you find it responsible that tax payers in a middle class to poor district should fund a high priced performance boat as a basic patrol boat.
LOL LOL LOL... you are so full of shit (and hate), it's pretty sad. Out of the hundreds of times I've been to Parker since I was 11 years old, I've seen the Buckskin firefighters out on patrol most of those times.

If your house was on fire and you had family trapped on the 2nd story, would you want the fire engine to go 25, or 65? Obviously, you would want the higher performance and newer fire apparatus that could get there and get water flowing within the shortest amount of time. So if you are on the Parker Strip and had an emergency up or down river, wouldn't you want them to be there as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Of course you would. From the time that you get fucked up, you have one hour to be in a Trauma Center. News flash, Parker is not even fucking close to any Trauma Center, so you better hope those Buckskin firefighters that you are talking so much shit about can get you on an air ambulance to to Phoenix or Vegas as quickly as possible...and every minute and second counts.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Riley1

Reaction score
The hate game is strong on this thread. Keyboard warriors. The other boat (conquest) lasted the department 20 years. Yes it was insured and i saw how much insurance gave them for the boat and 100% of it went towards the new boat. It is a Nordic deck. I saw the build sheet as well and what it cost new. I know the usual weekenders only saw it as the firefighters cruising around on holiday weekends looking like big shots but the department has used it for plenty of calls, diving drills, training, etc, majority during the night time but since you all know exactly what the boat is used for you should already know that. Firemen in the little town of Parker arent making your LAFD career salary trust me. If 13$ an hour starting wages is big money for you guys than I feel sorry for you. We just had a hiring, feel free to put in an app, i would love to give you a tour of the station 👍
I guess either way you can't please everyone. Either you have a clapped out boat that isn't worth a darn and the family complains cause a loved one passed away cause you didn't get there fast enough or when the department spends money on something to better the response area the people still get mad. This is why I would never be a politician. Rant over, everyone have a safe 4th 🍻
Nah, still seems like LAFD having a corvette. Sure you could say it’s so you could get to victims faster, but it’s Parker! So a Nordic on Parker IS life a corvette on the 405 on Friday afternoon.
Comes down to someone being dirty in either the department or the county.
And BTW, I really hate the “if it saves one” argument. That’s the same thing as “had we got there sooner “

Idon’t even boat Parker. It’s a shit show. And needs more enforcement. But this boat will do NOTHING for safety of the river. It will however help a few firefighters get laid by dumb blond chicks. I guess i picked the wrong career.🤬

yz450mm

Reaction score
Nah, still seems like LAFD having a corvette. Sure you could say it’s so you could get to victims faster, but it’s Parker! So a Nordic on Parker IS life a corvette on the 405 on Friday afternoon.
Comes down to someone being dirty in either the department or the county.
And BTW, I really hate the “if it saves one” argument. That’s the same thing as “had we got there sooner “

Idon’t even boat Parker. It’s a shit show. And needs more enforcement. But this boat will do NOTHING for safety of the river. It will however help a few firefighters get laid by dumb blond chicks. I guess i picked the wrong career.[emoji2959]

Can you explain how an emergency response vehicle is going to help the Bucskskin firefighters get laid? Can you please advise us as to what boat that you would approve the Buckskin firefighters to have as their Primary Response vehicle? Perhaps a zodiac, dinghy, or pontoon with 50 horse?

On a side note, if Parker is such a shitshow and you want more enforcement, what exactly do you want more enforcement of?

Duramax

Reaction score
Can you explain how an emergency response vehicle is going to help the Bucskskin firefighters get laid? Can you please advise us as to what boat that you would approve the Buckskin firefighters to have as their Primary Response vehicle? Perhaps a zodiac, dinghy, or pontoon with 50 horse?

On a side note, if Parker is such a shitshow and you want more enforcement, what exactly do you want more enforcement of?

I could be wrong, but I would bet there is a 35-45 speed limit on that boat, or what mph the operator can’t exceed. I can’t see them going to a scene at 65-70+. In my opinion, which doesn’t mean shit, a single would be more than enough.

retaocleg

Reaction score
FIRE boat? Where is the water cannon? Where are the hoses?
looks like a Tax Fee collection boat.
I would be embarrassed to made to wear a uniform and ride in that boat saying I’m “fighting fires”.
lift up the "engine lid" and you'll see something you'd think was an engine...…..the pump is that big, not 502 big, but big none the less