WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New build Eliminator 27 Speedster

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Here is a funny update on this.

I sold the boat in February. Funny part was I gave the buyer a test drive and the boat ran great on the test drive. lol

It was a cold windy day on the delta with a light load, 3 passengers. First thing I noticed is it had way more throttle and RPM than usual.

it was a calm day and I was making a pass so I dropped the hammer to see what it would do. Boat ran 90 MPH quickly and had more in it. I had to back out quickly so I didn't see the RPM. I bet it would do 90 plus that day because it was still pulling when I backed out

The irony was the day it sold it ran the fastest I have ever seen. good news cuz the buyer was on board. lol

My take was it was cold (55 degree) dense air and it made good power that day. The summer heat has a big effect on this mill.

Anyway I sold it that day. New buyer is happy.

I have a new twin OB Eliminator 27 with 400's on order and it is out of the mold now so we are on our way. It is essentially the same boat just with OB's

I never did get my $17,000 back that I lost when the motor broke but that is life.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score

I sold the boat in February. Funny part was I gave the buyer a test drive and the boat ran great on the test drive. lol

It was a cold windy day on the delta with a light load, 3 passengers. First thing I noticed is it had way more throttle and RPM than usual.

it was a calm day and I was making a pass so I dropped the hammer to see what it would do. Boat ran 90 MPH quickly and had more in it. I had to back out quickly so I didn't see the RPM. I bet it would do 90 plus that day because it was still pulling when I backed out

The irony was the day it sold it ran the fastest I have ever seen. good news cuz the buyer was on board. lol

My take was it was cold (55 degree) dense air and it made good power that day. The summer heat has a big effect on this mill.

I have a new twin OB Eliminator 27 with 400's on order and it is out of the mold now so we are on our way. It is essentially the same boat just with OB's

I never did get my $17,000 back that I lost when the motor broke but that is life.

Congrats on the new build. Happy times ahead!

Sad to hear you we left high and dry on the prior boat engine.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Wow, crazy journey.

Excited to see a new thread with the new build to put all this behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Glad to see you’re getting back in the saddle. Is there going to be a build thread in the out of the mold section?

2droppedchevs

Reaction score
Steve is happy as can be with your old boat. He has had it out down in Havasu twice and both times it ran just shy of 90 with 3 adults. He was in Havasu for MDW but the boat should be in Washington now (haven't spoke to him since Sunday). Hopefully the new build is much smoother process for you.

Meaney77

Reaction score

Good news, hopefully you are starting a build thread with the new rig...

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Fantastic. This is good news. Hope you guys are doing well.

Steve is happy as can be with your old boat. He has had it out down in Havasu twice and both times it ran just shy of 90 with 3 adults. He was in Havasu for MDW but the boat should be in Washington now (haven't spoke to him since Sunday). Hopefully the new build is much smoother process for you.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I was waiting for the builder to do it.

With the lockdown I can’t get pictures.

when (if) I get pictures I will do so.

Got some irons in the fire but might head to LA soon. Boring around here. Hope LA is done with the lockdown soon

Glad to see you’re getting back in the saddle. Is there going to be a build thread in the out of the mold section?

J.P.

Reaction score
Glad you made it through the nightmare what a tough lesson when you were doing everything right. Congrats on the new build the 27 Speedster with outboards is a nice package.