WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New California COVID reporting law?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
My employer is stating that there's a new health regulation in Ca requiring all persons entering the building to sign in on a sheet on a clipboard indicating that we don't have COVID symptoms. I can't find any such law. Anyone else seeing this?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
My employer is stating that there's a new health regulation in Ca requiring all persons entering the building to sign in on a sheet on a clipboard indicating that we don't have COVID symptoms. I can't find any such law. Anyone else seeing this?
Don’t know about a law. But I have been signing in or being asked about Covid going into buildings / job sites since April. Some require temperature checks.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Been doing that since April with daily temp checks too

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Doubt it’s a law as much as a corporate SOP. I have to do a temp check and fill out 5 questions before walking into a workplace. Do i have Covid, have a temp, been around anyone with Covid, etc

Reactions: DLC

Andy B.

Reaction score
Not a law again has to go through the legislation then dictator signs!!!!
Come on people wake up so you sign and you don't know your sick then somehow they find out you were and you're fucked. You signed something and now they got you . Not that you have a choice you need to work right they got you coming and going.

Start asking questions and demand know your rights!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Doubt it’s a law as much as a corporate SOP. I have to do a temp check and fill out 5 questions before walking into a workplace. Do i have Covid, have a temp, been around anyone with Covid, etc
We just do the temp. check. No big deal. Takes 5 seconds. We have had to shut down our office or have some employees work at home at least 5 times due to someone in our company getting the virus or living with someone that has it. Masks are required to be in the office. Beats working from home.

DWC

Reaction score
We just do the temp. check. No big deal. Takes 5 seconds. We have had to shut down our office or have some employees work at home at least 5 times due to someone in our company getting the virus or living with someone that has it. Masks are required to be in the office. Beats working from home.
Agree 100%. Doesn’t bother me. I’d much rather be able to get my job done. Only pain is remembering. I put a calendar reminder in to help every morning. I don’t get a report if my people are doing it so i assume no one is really tracking anyway.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Come on people wake up so you sign and you don't know your sick then somehow they find out you were and you're fucked. You signed something and now they got you . Not that you have a choice you need to work right they got you coming and going.

Andy is right.

Temperature check is on them. Signing a statement puts all the liability on YOU.

Ask yourself and them WHY? What’s the purpose of signing that statement when those signing cannot guarantee all of that???

This is the slippery slope snd every one of us are on it. It’s up to us every day - do we give in and take a knee and give up our God given rights?!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

I haven’t heard of anybody signing a sign in sheet that’s has been taken to court over if they have lied...lol 😂

Its just protocol for most companies that require it. ;)

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We do that plus take your temp

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of anybody signing a sign in sheet that’s has been taken to court over if they have lied...lol 😂

Its just protocol for most companies that require it. ;)
I'm ok with screening and self reporting. Hell, I just self reported a couple of weeks ago when I got a rare case of the flu. It's the clipboard by the door with my info on it that I object to.

It’s a temporary Cal OSHA standard. §3205. COVID-19 Prevention. My clients all have it in place.
Appreciate the info, that's just what I was looking for.

But, doesn't having to write in your info and leave it in view for all others violate subsections (c)(3)(C) and (c)(3)(D)?

(c)(3)(C) Personal identifying information of COVID-19 cases or persons with COVID-19 symptoms shall be kept confidential. All COVID-19 testing or related medical services provided by the employer under this section and sections 3205.1 through 3205.4 shall be provided in a manner that ensures the confidentiality of employees.

(c)(3)(D) The employer shall ensure that all employee medical records required by this section and sections 3205.1 through 3205.4 are kept confidential and are not disclosed or reported without the employee's express written consent to any person within or outside the workplace.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Not corporate it’s state, Needles yes, Winslow no!

SnoC653

Reaction score
It is a HIPA violation to have any of your personal health information where others can see it. They can't leave a clipboard unattended and anyone that mans the board has to have signed a HIPA form saying they will not disclose any personal health information they may become privy to.

HIPA is a federal law. So if you don't like the board being there, tell your boss to do it right or you will turn them in for the HIPA violation. Or just report the HIPA violation anonymously and see how long it takes to get fixed.

TBulger

Reaction score
LA County, report to county with the 4th covid. Sign in sheet daily with temp check.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
we have something similar. web based.

Meaney77

Reaction score
We are required to go through a temp screening process each day we are on site. A weekly Covid test and also completion of a close contact tracing form.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Every freakin day at my kids school. Same paper same info same checkboxes. I ended up just scanning it and we have a stack ready to go.