WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Campbell Cove Gas Pumps

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Just a friendly PSA for anyone that gets gas at Campbell Cove. They put in new pumps and they don't have the extensions to pull the pump over to the other side of the boat to fill up both tanks. Had to do one side and then pull around for the other. Going to be a complete cluster F on the weekends.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dspracing

Reaction score
Hilarious. I just told my Dad about this. He actually sells these Gilbarco pumps in this region and probably got undercut by the guy who was too stupid to quote the dispensers with hose retractors. Fortunately, it can be retrofit, I'm sure they will figure it out soon.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Same problem with Hava Gas on Palo Verde North. They just changed the lines to shorter ones, even on a small boat you can't access both saddle tanks.

I also noticed this change at Campbell last week. I'm sure they will be changed after the next 2 weekends of getting constant complaints and people having to go through twice to fill up :)

Or they did this as some kind of social experiment to get more people moving through with half the fuel?

Last edited:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Im really glad that I can get both tanks with a short hose.

Just park the boat as close as I can to the pump and then climb inside to pull the hose over to the far side. Smaller boats have advantages ;)

wet hull

Reaction score
Blows and options for Ethanol free are limited. Really screwed up is everyone typically comes in from 95 side and now it will be both ways.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Blows and options for Ethanol free are limited. Really screwed up is everyone typically comes in from 95 side and now it will be both ways.

They will probably block industrial again too like they were last year.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
That sucks! The gas stations around my house are Circle K, Quick Trip and Costco. All but Costco have the short lines and filling both tanks is a pain. However, due to the amount of people at the Costco fuel pumps, it's a PITA too! I'm dammed if I do and dammed if I don't!

Reactions: DWC

Boat 405

Reaction score
Just a friendly PSA for anyone that gets gas at Campbell Cove. They put in new pumps and they don't have the extensions to pull the pump over to the other side of the boat to fill up both tanks. Had to do one side and then pull around for the other. Going to be a complete cluster F on the weekends.

Yep noticed this last weekend. My wife thought I was nuts when I told her I think they changed the pumps. She’s like how would you tell. I explained the short hoses they have now

gqchris

Reaction score
Same thing at the the Sundance on Lake Havasu ave. Wtf is going on. I was like what in the hell? Is this some government mandated shit.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

I got gas there this morning, and I was wracking my brain, why the fuck are these not reaching? Did I park like a jack ass, no. It didn’t dawn on me till reading this, I’ll got around the corner to Parker oil now.

Singleton

Reaction score
Same thing at the the Sundance on Lake Havasu ave. Wtf is going on. I was like what in the hell? Is this some government mandated shit.

Cap that was my go-to. Easy access and 1 stop

Last edited:

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
People there are 1/2 brain dead.
I’m no going there now .Screw that .
Oh wait .... I’ve never fill up there before .
I’ll go to the Mobil.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Is it az regulation that requires the short hoses? I always wonder why any fuel pump in Havasu would have a short hose.

Last edited:

Your ad here

Reaction score
I noticed it to. Luckily the hoses reach both of my tanks. I bet someone forgot to order extra length hoses for the new pumps and just got standard lengths. They should figure this out come next weekend.

CSmith

Reaction score
Maybe they just didn't have all completed last time I was there but at first I pulled all the way forward closest to the lake and realized the hose was shorter, however hose closest to the 95 was still long and able to do both sides on my eliminator fundeck. 🤷‍♂️ I'll report back in the a.m when I fill up the same time 200 other boats are trying to fill up 😂

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
All the pumps in Fort Mohave have short hoses, it blows. It is one extra thing i love about the new boat tho is both fills are on the ass of the boat. So no i can park like an asshole but fill both tanks without moving.

petie6464

Reaction score
Sounds about right, another foreword thinking LHC business.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I noticed it to. Luckily the hoses reach both of my tanks. I bet someone forgot to order extra length hoses for the new pumps and just got standard lengths. They should figure this out come next weekend.

Likely lowest bidder..

It was a clusterfuck when I tried to get gas there yesterday. I gave up and will just fill up on Monday or Tuesday.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Likely lowest bidder..

It was a clusterfuck when I tried to get gas there yesterday. I gave up and will just fill up on Monday or Tuesday.
Or couldn't source long hoses with this pandemic going on but still had to change the pumps.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Is it az regulation that requires the short hoses? I always wonder why any fuel pump in Havasu would have a shot hose.

No every Sam's club in Arizona has the pull types to reach across your vehicle.

Pinball

Reaction score
How about the next time someone goes inside for a sammich ask ‘em what the plan is?

LLGirl

sometimes Mr. LLGril ;)
Reaction score

Same think at Sundance on Lake Havasu Ave. Thats our gas stop on the way to the marina. We went last weekend and my husband and to pull the boat around to a different pump to fill up the other tank [emoji2360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score
Guess I know what I am doing tonight. Gas up tank 1, driver around station, gas up tank 2.
Then to avoid that BS, leaving boat in water and will go broke gassing up on the water

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Guess I know what I am doing tonight. Gas up tank 1, driver around station, gas up tank 2.
Then to avoid that BS, leaving boat in water and will go broke gassing up on the water
Just go around the corner to Parker Oil, I cant believe I just said that on a public forum.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210420-104835_Samsung Internet.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Can you take a middle lane and use pumps on both sides?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

This is why I love where my house is. I am literally 1 minute from Havagas (Shell) on PV North. I just get up early while the family is still sleeping, go down and get my gas and ice. Pull back into the garage, shut the door and go have my coffee.

Singleton

Reaction score
This is why I love where my house is. I am literally 1 minute from Havagas (Shell) on PV North. I just get up early while the family is still sleeping, go down and get my gas and ice. Pull back into the garage, shut the door and go have my coffee.

if all goes to plan, boat goes in water tomorrow and will not touch the trailer again until Sunday night and be within a minute walk from my spot :)

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I recall Terrible's (Mesquite and Lake Havasu Blvd?) has long hoses and so does the other place across the street (green sign).

We solved that problem with a single belly tank and fuel fills on both sides. Not only does that save time at the land pumps, it makes on water fuel ups easier too, I don't have to care what side the fill is on.

Though with saddle tanks there's no easy way to really solve that, except maybe a transfer pump so you can fill one side and pump it to the other.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Seems kind of odd that all of these gas stations made the same decision at the same time to change out the hoses to the short ones. Sounds more like something regulatory that they had to adhere to and make the change.

It's all just part of the upcoming fuel
shortage.

She's Mine

Reaction score
I don't waste my time at Campbell Cove. You have a 50/ 50 chance their gas is bad, the gas lot is always a cluster, the deli is slow as pouring molasses. Parker Oil all the way! No Lines, Good Gas, In and Out with ease.