WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Campbell Cove Gas Pumps

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is why I love where my house is. I am literally 1 minute from Havagas (Shell) on PV North. I just get up early while the family is still sleeping, go down and get my gas and ice. Pull back into the garage, shut the door and go have my coffee.

They shortened the lines there too. Not sure if that affects your boat though.

I can fill both sides of my boat from a standard length hose, just have to get the boat close to the pump.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
They shortened the lines there too. Not sure if that affects your boat though.

I can fill both sides of my boat from a standard length hose, just have to get the boat close to the pump.

Yeah I heard that. Early morning, no one is there so I will be a dick and park in the middle to fill both sides at the same time.......lol

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I don't waste my time at Campbell Cove. You have a 50/ 50 chance their gas is bad, the gas lot is always a cluster, the deli is slow as pouring molasses. Parker Oil all the way! No Lines, Good Gas, In and Out with ease.
I gassed up there the other day and its the first time every my engines pinged coming out of the whole, bizarre deal. So I am thinking I got some low octane fuel, bought 91, maybe I didnt get it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I gassed up there the other day and its the first time every my engines pinged coming out of the whole, bizarre deal. So I am thinking I got some low octane fuel, bought 91, maybe I didnt get it.

I hear enough stories like this about Campell gas that there has to be something to it. Maybe it is just the ethanol free 91 that’s not so great? Or maybe is just sits too long?

Tank

Reaction score
I don’t get the appeal of Campbell cove station. It’s 30-40 cents more a gallon and it’s crowded.
Smiths is a bit tight for larger boats but worth the hassle. Love that station.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I don’t get the appeal of Campbell cove station. It’s 30-40 cents more a gallon and it’s crowded.
Smiths is a bit tight for larger boats but worth the hassle. Love that station.
Smiths is good late at night, hard to get In there with a big boat though and some Prius fuck is usually using the diesel pump

ACS

Reaction score
Since this a gas station thread, does anyone know the new airport gate code {Havasu). I went to gate five for fuel and the old code does not work anymore. I called the phone number on the fence and they let me in but I‘m not sure if someone will always be available.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I hear enough stories like this about Campell gas that there has to be something to it. Maybe it is just the ethanol free 91 that’s not so great? Or maybe is just sits too long?

Never had an issue there with 91, but only had a stock 502. But can say no way fuel set to long. Always busy!

DWC

Reaction score
I’ve never had an issue in the truck, boat or SXS. It was packed all season last year. Just meant i had to get up early to fill the boat. Biggest issue i had was people pulling up to the pumps to go in and get sandwiches. SOB, wasn’t uncommon to have someone leave their shit for 5-10 mins.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Never had an issue there with 91, but only had a stock 502. But can say no way fuel set to long. Always busy!

I wouldn’t think so.. there are people through there all the time. It makes no sense.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

I blew my 400 Verado up at 36 hours total time. Barrett did the $16k warranty repair to it and said it was caused by detonation, and the ethanol level in the fuel was way too high. The only gas that was ever put in the boat since it was brand new, was from Campbell.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I haven't ever had issues with the ethanol free from Campbell, but I've had bad regular 91 there. I'm running a stock 502 mag pushing a 27 formula that has some weight to it. On water I'm 6000 - 6500 by the time I have gear, 100 gal fuel, 20 gallon water and 10 black water from the shitter

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
This happened to me, I bought their ethanol free 91 and it had a strange smell to it as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I blew my 400 Verado up at 36 hours total time. Barrett did the $16k warranty repair to it and said it was caused by detonation, and the ethanol level in the fuel was way too high. The only gas that was ever put in the boat since it was brand new, was from Campbell.

I’m assuming you weren’t putting in the ethanol free stuff?

Meaney77

Reaction score
I don't waste my time at Campbell Cove. You have a 50/ 50 chance their gas is bad, the gas lot is always a cluster, the deli is slow as pouring molasses. Parker Oil all the way! No Lines, Good Gas, In and Out with ease.
I always thought you needed a commercial account for Parker Oil, is that not the case? They are literally a few feet from my boat storage and never went there. I may have to change my routine if they are open to the public.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Big weekends just fill the boat up at the end of the day on the way home. Never a line. Everyone is too drunk and tired to remember gas for the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is genius!

Tank

Reaction score
Big weekends just fill the boat up at the end of the day on the way home. Never a line. Everyone is too drunk and tired to remember gas for the boat.

Ummm YEAH, that’s the problem. 😂😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Goddamn you ShockwaveDave! What’s next? You going to tell people to buy their ice the night before too while they are gassing up their boat?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Every restaurant’s beef starts out as a cow

I only like gas that comes from the free range, hand massaged, fairly traded, dead dinosaurs.

For real: Gas is gas. It all comes from the same refineries. It gets dumped in a truck and the specific additive package is dumped in to blend in transit. That’s it.

Due to sheer volume, the 87,89 and 91 at smiths is probably the freshest in town. I don’t see many buying the 100 octane there though.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
B7BF9A8D-DE83-47C1-ABE8-38FA3A56FACC.jpeg

CampbellCove1Stop

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. This is Jim Dolan and I’m the owner of Campbell Cove 1-Stop

I would like to apologize that our new dispensers currently do not have hose extenders. They were supposed to come with extenders, but a mistake was made by the supplier. I ordered the dispensers with 10 foot hoses and additional 4 foot extension hoses. Our pumps were delivered 1 month ago, and we are still being told that the parts for the extenders are waiting to ship from the factory.

As I have read over some of the comments, I figured I would share some details that might help resolve some of the questions that have come up and hopefully dispel some of the rumors that are clearly incorrect.

Our Gas is TOP TIER Philips 76 fuel. We get our fuel from Jackson Energy which also supplies fuel to Sundance Mobile, Tri M Chevron, London Bridge Chevron, Max’s Texaco, Motor and Boat Texaco. The only difference in the fuel we sell is the additive that is added at the fuel rack when they load the truck.

I am not aware of us every having bad gas in the past 12 years since we have opened. It is all Top Tier Branded Fuel, and we get fuel delivered many times a week. I have had some people question whether we have had water in our fuel in the past. We have above ground tanks, which means that the only way we could have water in our fuel is if it is delivered that way. Once in our tank, we have sensors that would detect water and alert us. The few times we have been told by a customer that they thought we had water in our tanks, we had a Tech come out and check the sensors and then physically teste the fuel. We have never found water in our tanks. We also have filters at every dispenser that would shut down the dispenser if any water actually made it into the filter….

Yes, we were required to update our dispensers due to the EMV Credit Cards. Instead of updating the old dispensers, we purchased new ones so we could provide the best equipment for our customers.

I was unaware that I was a “Left Wing Liberal ” as I’ve been a registered republican since I was 18. I suppose I’m considered a liberal because I make my staff wear masks so we can continue to stay in business. I’m not playing politics with my business. I’m doing whatever I can to keep the doors open and to provided good customer service. While I do have an amazing group of employees, we are still shorthanded like every other business in Havasu.

Hopefully this information helps. We truly appreciate your business and we will continue to work hard to provide you with the best customer service.

hallett21

Reaction score

I would like to apologize that our new dispensers currently do not have hose extenders. They were supposed to come with extenders, but a mistake was made by the supplier. I ordered the dispensers with 10 foot hoses and additional 4 foot extension hoses. Our pumps were delivered 1 month ago, and we are still being told that the parts for the extenders are waiting to ship from the factory.

As I have read over some of the comments, I figured I would share some details that might help resolve some of the questions that have come up and hopefully dispel some of the rumors that are clearly incorrect.

Our Gas is TOP TIER Philips 76 fuel. We get our fuel from Jackson Energy which also supplies fuel to Sundance Mobile, Tri M Chevron, London Bridge Chevron, Max’s Texaco, Motor and Boat Texaco. The only difference in the fuel we sell is the additive that is added at the fuel rack when they load the truck.

I am not aware of us every having bad gas in the past 12 years since we have opened. It is all Top Tier Branded Fuel, and we get fuel delivered many times a week. I have had some people question whether we have had water in our fuel in the past. We have above ground tanks, which means that the only way we could have water in our fuel is if it is delivered that way. Once in our tank, we have sensors that would detect water and alert us. The few times we have been told by a customer that they thought we had water in our tanks, we had a Tech come out and check the sensors and then physically teste the fuel. We have never found water in our tanks. We also have filters at every dispenser that would shut down the dispenser if any water actually made it into the filter….

Yes, we were required to update our dispensers due to the EMV Credit Cards. Instead of updating the old dispensers, we purchased new ones so we could provide the best equipment for our customers.

I was unaware that I was a “Left Wing Liberal ” as I’ve been a registered republican since I was 18. I suppose I’m considered a liberal because I make my staff wear masks so we can continue to stay in business. I’m not playing politics with my business. I’m doing whatever I can to keep the doors open and to provided good customer service. While I do have an amazing group of employees, we are still shorthanded like every other business in Havasu.

Hopefully this information helps. We truly appreciate your business and we will continue to work hard to provide you with the best customer service.

[emoji41][emoji1303]

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score

28Eliminator

Reaction score

Thanks Jim. We’ve bought every gallon of gas for our boat and truck for many years from you guys. Never had a problem, and everyone is always courteous and helpful.

I’d also like to add that Nicole is awesome👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Thanks for coming on and adding this info Jim! I had a sandwich there for lunch yesterday, great as usual.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Thank you for taking the time to come on here and respond! I wish I had seen the thread earlier.. lol I could have saved ya a lot of typing.

bluebleeder

Reaction score
Being in the credit card industry, I can guarantee that the upgrade to the pumps was not cheap and fuel stations are clammering to get jobbers out to install new pumps and accessories. The fact that every fuel station has to upgrade, it does not surpise me that parts are scarce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

Sometimes these threads go sideways. Half the stuff people post on here is exaggerated. If someone can’t fill up a 22’ deck boat with standard hoses lol they need to learn to park. The day after this thread I enjoyed one of your fine breakfast burritos and brought home a turkey craison sandwich for the wife it was delicious as usual. You guys also have a awesome adult beverage selection as well. Thanks!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Rough crowd..

Honestly Campbell cove is pretty much where I fill up exclusively on my way to Windsor.. and their deli is in my opinion the best in Havasu since Borns closed down..

The Campbell Cove app is great.

I thought for a minute about buying Borns when I saw it was for sale. I’m still thinking about it honestly, but I’m hungry so that is probably why.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sometimes these threads go sideways. Half the stuff people post on here is exaggerated. If someone can’t fill up a 22’ deck boat with standard hoses lol they need to learn to park. The day after this thread I enjoyed one of your fine breakfast burritos and brought home a turkey craison sandwich for the wife it was delicious as usual. You guys also have a awesome adult beverage selection as well. Thanks!

To be fair, if you don’t know the hose is short when you pull in, even with a smaller boat your are screwed when there is a line behind you as you can’t easily reposition.

Last edited:

Cobalt232

Reaction score

Thanks for the update. I used the new pumps 2 weeks ago for the boat and they were great. You can read the screens now on the outer pumps! I'm sure the sun and elements are hard on that stuff there.

Reactions: DWC

Pinball

Reaction score
I hope not. Was just there last trip. Best meal I have consistently got in Havasu.

I agree, Born's was my #1 sammich stop. Ed's Deli was my backup, give 'em a try if you haven't been.

I had to resort to Facebook for the closure info. I don't get why businesses rely solely on facebook when they have a web page. Their web page says nothing about being closed for good.

1619073383814.png

Jay Dub

Reaction score

Hello Jim,
Thank you for replying. My family has been buying gas, food and drinks at your store for many years. I have never had any issues and your staff has always been friendly and helpful.

Your ad here

Reaction score
To be fair, if you don’t know the hose is short when you pull in, even with a smaller boat your are screwed when there is a line behind you as you can’t easily reposition.
Current hoses can reach both tanks on 21 RC's.