WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Can Am X3 registration. Can this be right?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
2021 XRC RR. The Certificate of origin listed it at 1816lbs, so the lady at quick stop said I only had one option for registering it and it’s the same as a car. $1200 with her convenience fee.. FML.

PlanB

Reaction score
2021 XRC RR. The Certificate of origin listed it at 1816lbs, so the lady at quick stop said I only had one option for registering it and it’s the same as a car. $1200 with her convenience fee.. FML.

We were told the same, but it was closer to $600.00. We have not registered it yet in AZ though, so I have not personally gone through the process yet.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Turns out $589 of it is Lake Havasu City’s fee....
image.jpg

riverroyal

Reaction score
full street plates? MIne was under that weight if I remember correctly. The 2 seat Vs 4 seat was the confusion. I was in the 600 range. MVD in Parker is where I went

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I bought mine at Adrenaline in Casa Grande and AZ street legal registration was/is $600 a year. Their were no other fees.
3 reasons I bought at Adrenaline.

They go the extra mile with AZ DOT registration. They know what they are doing and deal with any hiccups in person or they know who at AZDOT to get issues resolved.
They had the X3 MAX RR we wanted.
The cheapest price.

PlanB

Reaction score
It figures that LHC would have a fee like that. The reason why it makes zero sense to do an AZ delivery inside the city on a boat now. They are acting more and more like California every year.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It figures that LHC would have a fee like that. The reason why it makes zero sense to do an AZ delivery inside the city on a boat now. They are acting more and more like California every year.
The Can Am dealers from Parker to LHC I think may now be affiliated. If not, at least in price collusion.
When we learned RD got a good deal in Cali we set out to do the same in Az. We did.

We saved $6K driving up to Casa Grande and didn't get the dog and pony show with the street legal equipment installation nor registration.
Plus LHC- Parker-Laughlin dealers didn't have the cool turn signal (nor lighting systems). They had what looked like a system off a 1953 Studebaker Firewood 6.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
The Can Am dealers from Parker to LHC I think may now be affiliated. If not, at least in price collusion.
When we learned RD got a good deal in Cali we set out to do the same in Az. We did.

We saved $6K driving up to Casa Grande and didn't get the dog and pony show with the street legal equipment installation nor registration.
Plus they didn't have the cool turn signal systems. They had what looked like a system off a 1953 Studebaker Firewood 6.
same owners

Reactions: TPC

PlanB

Reaction score
Plus they didn't have the cool turn signal systems. They had what looked like a system off a 1953 Studebaker Firewood 6.

I got a good deal from a dealer in California and installed my own turn signal system (XTC). When I looked at the dealer in Havasu they did not even have a Max RR in inventory.

Reactions: TPC

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The 1800 pound limit is correct. However, when registering my XX, all they did was ask if we were over or under 1800.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but the sales tax in az is 5.6% and havasu 2%. that may be the 2% if it is not in the original sales price.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
In California, you can get a certified weight and that drives your pricing. My suggestion would be to not pay that. Buy it, strip off every unneeded item like spare tires etc, and get a certified weight under 1800. then proceed with your registration.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
@MeCasa16 - What city did you buy in? How much sales tax did you pay? Thinking maybe you only paid AZ State sales tax rate and no city tax... now Havasu wants to add the city tax as a use tax??

Trying to help figure it out since we also recently purchased an X3 and will need to register it in Havi for the street soon too...

jones performance

Reaction score
In California, you can get a certified weight and that drives your pricing. My suggestion would be to not pay that. Buy it, strip off every unneeded item like spare tires etc, and get a certified weight under 1800. then proceed with your registration.
az uses the manufactures published specs, no way around it.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
@MeCasa16 - What city did you buy in? How much sales tax did you pay? Thinking maybe you only paid AZ State sales tax rate and no city tax... now Havasu wants to add the city tax as a use tax??

Trying to help figure it out since we also recently purchased an X3 and will need to register it in Havi for the street soon too...
That’s what it look like to me... your renewal should not have that next time around. Just like buying anything new you gotta pay taxes.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Anybody ever purchased a sxs with an LLC and got a plate from that state?? Wonder how AZ treats that plate on the street?

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
Anybody ever purchased a sxs with an LLC and got a plate from that state?? Wonder how AZ treats that plate on the street?

We never had any problems with an Alberta plate, and reg was 56 buck a year

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
I have the answer! AZ charges it’s own use tax no matter what you paid elsewhere!! We paid full sales tax in CA, but will also owe 2% use tax to register in Havasu!

AZ is getting more Cali every day 🤬

Go to
usetax.az.gov/home/VehicleUseTaxCalculator
Or
azdor.gov/e-services/vehicle-use-tax-calculator

MeCasa16

Reaction score

We bought it in Las Vegas. We used our Lake Havasu address for the taxes, and paid them at the dealer.

Last edited:

grumpy88

Reaction score
Keep in mind arizona no longer recognize out of state off road tags . You will still be buying a out of state ohv tag for like 30 dollars

EBT531

Reaction score
I have the answer! AZ charges it’s own use tax no matter what you paid elsewhere!! We paid full sales tax in CA, but will also owe 2% use tax to register in Havasu!

Go to
Or

You should get a credit for the State taxes you paid in another state if the states have reciprocity. Ex: If I buy in AZ, and title in IL. IL credits me the State taxes paid in AZ as long as I told them I am an IL resident at the time of purchase. IL has higher taxes, so I just pay the difference.

Now if you let them title it in whatever state you buy it in, then you owe taxes again if you retitle in another state within a certain number of months.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

Go to
Or
It’s your money and they want it now!😂

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Even the AZ MVD is starting to look like California

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
You should get a credit for the State taxes you paid in another state if the states have reciprocity. Ex: If I buy in AZ, and title in IL. IL credits me the State taxes paid in AZ as long as I told them I am an IL resident at the time of purchase. IL has higher taxes, so I just pay the difference.

Now if you let them title it in whatever state you buy it in, then you owe taxes again if you retitle in another state within a certain number of months.

Even crazy Cali gives you credit for tax paid to other states! Apparently, AZ does not ... I used the online calculator and we’ll owe another 2% to Havi just like MeCasa had to pay 🤬😭🤬😭🤬

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Even crazy Cali gives you credit for tax paid to other states! Apparently, AZ does not ... I used the online calculator and we’ll owe another 2% to Havi just like MeCasa had to pay 🤬😭🤬😭🤬

It was a real kick in the balls. I wasn’t expecting that..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Can’t wait to register my new Speed car LOL.

It will still be cheaper than paying the CA sales tax on it.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
So wait it’s always been that, you pay state and local sales taxes.

When you buy out of state, but want to pay your state's rate, the dealership will usually only charge the state tax portion and the remainder gets picked up at the local level. It’s no different than if you bought the SXS in Havasu. The sales tax you pay when you buy stuff is always part state, part locality, you just don’t think of it like that as it’s lumped together when buying locally.

No we aren’t like cali completely if you want to skip sales tax, buy use.

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Calif is doing that sell in Callie for 2 mil coming to Ut getting twice for 1 mil 😎 Marie Osman has a home in StG 🌺🥰👍

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
so you guys are paying north of $600 per year to register these things?? that's fricken nuts.........

--Sherpa

AZ bases it on MSRP of the vehicle and some set depreciation after that. My 2016 RZR is $240 to register or so per year. That is for full road use, you can use it like a car.

You can prepay for 5 years for a good discount. Insurance is $175/year including the on road insurance. That is cheap for the enjoyment we get out of it.

You can roll the dice and get partial street use, which is use from your house to the dirt only. That level of reg is very cheap. But guess what could happen if you are pull over outside a restaurant....

Last edited:

Timmmmmy

Reaction score

Plus LHC- Parker-Laughlin dealers didn't have the cool turn signal (nor lighting systems). They had what looked like a system off a 1953 Studebaker Firewood 6.