WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Car Advice

Taboma

Reaction score
We went to Dutton Cadillac and looked at some CPOd XT6s. Mom really likes them and I have them like looking for one that has most of the options we want. We also were introduced to Dutton Dave, both him and our salesman were supper nice. We still need to drive a Durango RT, this is going to be a tough decision!
Saw one of those passing a lot the other day, looked great, but I haven't stopped in to check it out up close. Wife's got a 16' Audi SQ5 that's a kick in the pants to drive, she always runs it with the exhaust on dynamic. 😁 When we go car shopping for her, it's a very long process, as in about 8 months the last time. Came down between that and the Porsche Macan S, but they were so new at the time, when I tried to negotiate, the sales dude just gave me that "You must be shitting me" grin. On the other hand, Audi want to sell us a car, so they did.

attitude

Reaction score
Saw one of those passing a lot the other day, looked great, but I haven't stopped in to check it out up close. Wife's got a 16' Audi SQ5 that's a kick in the pants to drive, she always runs it with the exhaust on dynamic. 😁 When we go car shopping for her, it's a very long process, as in about 8 months the last time. Came down between that and the Porsche Macan S, but they were so new at the time, when I tried to negotiate, the sales dude just gave me that "You must be shitting me" grin. On the other hand, Audi want to sell us a car, so they did.
I love the interiors on the SQ5s and they are in our price range CPOd but they are to small for us. I wish they had a SQ7 that was a year or two old. Negotiating is half the fun of buying a car, our salesman already tried laying down the “we’re only making $900 on this car” I just smiled and shook my head. I’m sure we will be shopping a while lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I love the interiors on the SQ5s and they are in our price range CPOd but they are to small for us. I wish they had a SQ7 that was a year or two old. Negotiating is half the fun of buying a car, our salesman already tried laying down the “we’re only making $900 on this car” I just smiled and shook my head. I’m sure we will be shopping a while lol
I got a thousand off my volt but it wasn’t easy. Really look at the numbers. The first time they came to me with numbers, the payment did not match the loan amount and interest rates. Said it was a mistake, they were going off of the price with the gap insurance I said i didn’t want. Ok...go talk to you manager and come back. He comes back and we are closer, but I still look at everything. He was charging 900 tax on 6000. I said ok I’m over it and walked out. They called me back and gave me the exact price I wanted. Said it was a computer error blah blah blah. That was norm reeves Honda in Huntington Beach. I wasn’t going to finance but a hundred bucks a month and I can just throw more cash into the stock market. Now I get to save 200 bucks a week on gas s I don’t know why I didn’t do this way sooner. 😂

Taboma

Reaction score

It was the Audi interiors we saw at a auto show that initially caught our eye --- or ass is as it were. 😁 We like her 16' better than the new "Mexico" cars and the supercharged engine comes alive pronto. Looks wise, I like the new Q8 and prefer the interior over the Q7. If the Q5 is to small, then the Macan with the sloped rear roof would give you even a little less interior space. The one criteria the Q5 satisfied for my wife was the seating position and the Explorer checks that box as well.
A higher "SUV" seating position that provides good forward view, not sitting down in it like a car. She thought the BMW's felt to car like, like a station wagon.
Of course she came out of a Lexus GX470 which was a beast and she loved it, but sporty it is not.
Good Luck, the problem currently seems to be one of supply vs demand. Lots lacking new models to sell are filled with used ones they're asking more for, because they can.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I got a thousand off my volt but it wasn’t easy. Really look at the numbers. The first time they came to me with numbers, the payment did not match the loan amount and interest rates. Said it was a mistake, they were going off of the price with the gap insurance I said i didn’t want. Ok...go talk to you manager and come back. He comes back and we are closer, but I still look at everything. He was charging 900 tax on 6000. I said ok I’m over it and walked out. They called me back and gave me the exact price I wanted. Said it was a computer error blah blah blah. That was norm reeves Honda in Huntington Beach. I wasn’t going to finance but a hundred bucks a month and I can just throw more cash into the stock market. Now I get to save 200 bucks a week on gas s I don’t know why I didn’t do this way sooner. 😂

$200.00 X 52 = A whole lot of Gamestop = 😭

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
$200.00 X 52 = A whole lot of Gamestop = 😭
I don’t own any GameStop but nice try... serious question, do you have a crush on me? Is there some sort of weird attraction? I don’t like you, you annoy me, I think you are a moron... why do you always follow me around. Serious question... it’s weird

attitude

Reaction score
Yup that can be shady for sure, when I bought my truck they must have seen me as a young and dumb kid and tried artificially bumping the APR to include the extended warranty in the payment, luckily I had my dad with me and when he read over the contract he noticed this and my payment magically dropped in APR and $40 a month. When my girlfriend and I went to buy her Veloster they did the same thing but I was able to catch it from my previous experience. Maybe I should put less money down and put the extra into stonks, Tesla is looking good!

attitude

Reaction score
It was the Audi interiors we saw at a auto show that initially caught our eye --- or ass is as it were. 😁 We like her 16' better than the new "Mexico" cars and the supercharged engine comes alive pronto. Looks wise, I like the new Q8 and prefer the interior over the Q7. If the Q5 is to small, then the Macan with the sloped rear roof would give you even a little less interior space. The one criteria the Q5 satisfied for my wife was the seating position and the Explorer checks that box as well.
A higher "SUV" seating position that provides good forward view, not sitting down in it like a car. She thought the BMW's felt to car like, like a station wagon.
Of course she came out of a Lexus GX470 which was a beast and she loved it, but sporty it is not.
Good Luck, the problem currently seems to be one of supply vs demand. Lots lacking new models to sell are filled with used ones they're asking more for, because they can.
One of our big issues is our two main options are very new models, the explorer is a year old and the XT6 is two years old. If finding one of those models CPOd wasn’t hard enough COVID has all cars flying off the lots. Luckily we have some time to find what we want.

Taboma

Reaction score
One of our big issues is our two main options are very new models, the explorer is a year old and the XT6 is two years old. If finding one of those models CPOd wasn’t hard enough COVID has all cars flying off the lots. Luckily we have some time to find what we want.

When I took my Raptor in for service the other day, instead of sales persons trying to sell me a car, they were trying to buy mine. 😂