WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Car-Chevrolet Equinox

PVHCA

Reaction score
Sold the MBZ CL500 2 weeks ago, been looking at everything since and am getting frustrated at prices, condition, excessive mileage etc etc. My brother was hoping CHEVY was gonna do some lease specials on 2016 CC 1500's, no dice as of now BUT he tells me about the Equinox lease deals. 2 year, 10K per year, ZERO out of pocket, LS models 189.00 + tax per month, LT's LOADED $300.00 + tax per month, got me thinking BIG TIME, let Becki drive this and I'll drive the 5 series BMW. I really don't care about what car we have just as long as they look ok and give me ZERO headaches. The one I'm looking at is loaded up for $330.00 per month +tax, 23 month lease, GM eats the 1st month as part of the incentive deal.

Opinions?

The 10K per year is no big deal, I put less then 6K per year as does Becki.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Lease a 300 or something worthy.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
The GMC version looks a bit better but not sure how their lease deals stack up

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I have no idea about the lease deals, but my Brother bought a new Equinox last year, and he really likes it. It's a pretty nice car... for a chevy:D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have no idea about the lease deals, but my Brother bought a new Equinox last year, and he really likes it. It's a pretty nice car... for a chevy:D

Are you one of those guys who's in denial about what lurks under your engine hatch? :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457453372.185730.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sold the MBZ CL500 2 weeks ago, been looking at everything since and am getting frustrated at prices, condition, excessive mileage etc etc. My brother was hoping CHEVY was gonna do some lease specials on 2016 CC 1500's, no dice as of now BUT he tells me about the Equinox lease deals. 2 year, 10K per year, ZERO out of pocket, LS models 189.00 + tax per month, LT's LOADED $300.00 + tax per month, got me thinking BIG TIME, let Becki drive this and I'll drive the 5 series BMW. I really don't care about what car we have just as long as they look ok and give me ZERO headaches. The one I'm looking at is loaded up for $330.00 per month +tax, 23 month lease, GM eats the 1st month as part of the incentive deal.

Opinions?

The 10K per year is no big deal, I put less then 6K per year as does Becki.

It's nice to see someone make a decision based on his own needs and not to impress or be influenced by the neighbor(or friends;)).:thumbsup

Scott E

Reaction score
We bought an Equinox last year as a daily driver for my wife and she loves it. Have taken it to Havasu as well and the ride is great. Only issue I have is the location of the a/c vents, the two vents for the driver are blocked to some extent by the steering wheel.

PVHCA

Reaction score
It's nice to see someone make a decision based on his own needs and not to impress or be influenced by the neighbor(or friends;)).:thumbsup

I've never cared what others thought, and thanks for the compliment. It's not my style of car but the practicality and affordability is nice. Plus it's nice to have the cash from the sale of the MBZ, LOL

We bought an Equinox last year as a daily driver for my wife and she loves it. Have taken it to Havasu as well and the ride is great. Only issue I have is the location of the a/c vents, the two vents for the driver are blocked to some extent by the steering wheel.

I will check that out tonight. Thanks

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I like the buick version better. Almost got that when we bought explorer. Nice cars IMO.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Are you one of those guys who's in denial about what lurks under your engine hatch? :D

Nope.. I built every inch of what's under my engine hatch. I know exactly what's there[emoji106].

The Chevy/GM engine platform is the best out there, hands down. It's their vehicles I'm not so hot on[emoji4]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I've rented 2 Equinox's on trips and really like them. I always try to rent a crossover if I need something. To me they are car like yet you sit higher and retain PU like visibility. Easy to load and unload stuff since you don't have to bend over and the hatch raises instead of lowering like a tailgate.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
My wife loves hers. 4cyl ecotec is a GREAT motor, the v6 is only a few more HP. We test drove both and went with the 4cyl. 4 adults and it does great to vegas or the river at 20+ Mpg

The back seat is on sliders and when slid back all the way will provide more rear leg room for adults than the bigger tahoe or Yukon:eek:thumbsup

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Phil I don't think you can go wrong if the miles work for your needs....they are pretty nice cars and as long as she likes it then it works.

The good news is even if you hate it in 12 months it will be under warranty and worst thing you will have to do (possibly) is buy a set of tires while you have it.

It's only 24 months.........hell even most bad marriages make it at least 24 months :rotflmao:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Check around.
Some dealers may be offering even better deals.

Check GMC dealers too they sell a version of it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You absolutely right. Thanks:thumbsup

I "needed" a corvette. So I got one :p

Sure my neighbors and friends said, hey that is not practical or fuel efficient or family friendly. But like you said, I didn't listen to those naysayers:D

;)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You absolutely right.

I needed a corvette. So I got one [emoji14]

Sure my neighbors and friends said, hey that I s not practical or fuel efficient or family friendly. But like you said, I didn't listen to those naysayers:D

;)
Lmao...clearly your neighbors were not impressed. [emoji23]
So lets see some pics of that gas hog you pry yourself in and out of[emoji4] [emoji1]

PVHCA

Reaction score
Phil I don't think you can go wrong if the miles work for your needs....they are pretty nice cars and as long as she likes it then it works.

The good news is even if you hate it in 12 months it will be under warranty and worst thing you will have to do (possibly) is buy a set of tires while you have it.

It's only 24 months.........hell even most bad marriages make it at least 24 months :rotflmao:

Actually 23 month lease GM is eating one month as part of the incentive with friends and family. All scheduled maintenance is free, ie oil changes at 2x per year. Tires won't even show wear with the amount we drive per year. UR right, if we don't like it it's just 2 years then bye bye.

Check around.
Some dealers may be offering even better deals.

Check GMC dealers too they sell a version of it.

Dealers don't offer better deals, it's a GM lease deal. My brother runs Sage Chevrolet, my cousins own Mark-Chris and MTN View Chevy, no one is gonna hook me up better unless like Jay did years ago when he got me the exact color I wanted.

Scott E

Reaction score
Dealers don't offer better deals, it's a GM lease deal. My brother runs Sage Chevrolet, my cousins own Mark-Chris and MTN View Chevy, no one is gonna hook me up better unless like Jay did years ago when he got me the exact color I wanted.

Mountain View is where we got my wifes. Let your cousins know that everyone there was very friendly.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Mountain View is where we got my wifes. Let your cousins know that everyone there was very friendly.

In the future if you need hit me up, some times a hook up helps and some times it doesn't. Roberto is who I hook everyone up with, he is the owner Mark's go to sales guy. I also refer to my brother quite a bit but his dealership is in Covina.

And will do.

Scott E

Reaction score
In the future if you need hit me up, some times a hook up helps and some times it doesn't. Roberto is who I hook everyone up with, he is the owner Mark's go to sales guy. I also refer to my brother quite a bit but his dealership is in Covina.

And will do.

Will do. Thanks for the information.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Actually 23 month lease GM is eating one month as part of the incentive with friends and family. All scheduled maintenance is free, ie oil changes at 2x per year. Tires won't even show wear with the amount we drive per year. UR right, if we don't like it it's just 2 years then bye bye.

One other benefit:
You don't need to pay registration at month 23...at month 24 you may have to.

That's the hidden cost to 39-month leases as well, you get to pay the registration for the next guy's first year of ownership.

PVHCA

Reaction score
One other benefit:
You don't need to pay registration at month 23...at month 24 you may have to.

That's the hidden cost to 39-month leases as well, you get to pay the registration for the next guy's first year of ownership.

Ur safe on the 24 month, mine is a 24, but GM is paying the 1st month. GM is pushing 27 or 30 right now, F That, LOL