WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Carrera 282 Finally

ilmormark

Rest Easy Mark (ilmormark) (Smoke On The Water) 😢
Reaction score
Finally after almost 18 months i have finally run my new never rigged Carrera 282 (aftershock afterparty) the guy that sold me the hull took advantage of the situation and than Bob at Shockwave did a first class job he had to take it IMG_0884.jpg IMG_0883.jpg IMG_0882.jpg all apart and put it back together the right way and it came out very nice.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
you had to derig and then rerig the boat?

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
That's a new one on me but I'm sure Bob stepped up for you!

Please tell us more.... Sounds interesting!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
More pictures please, along with more details on what happened.

It sounds like Bob from Shockwave took care of you - He does great work. :thumbsup

ilmormark

Reaction score
Wow where should i start bought this hull last year in Feb from a couple of guys that took or bought molds from Carrera and they had some hulls from aftershock as well. I agreed to let this guy rigg it but all he really did was mess it up and take advantage of the money situation. The good news is i was able to get the boat from him along with all the high end parts and take it to Bob at Shockwave the engine 520 with CMI headers was installed wrong Bob had to reinstall everything from the wiring to the gas caps i asked Bob to do it the way he would want it. He even redid the seats and anodized all the accessories to match the paint. I dont feel comfortable about mentioning names of the guys that originally did it but if you send me an email i will be happy to pass it along these guys have no clue what they are doing. I reversed a large amount of credit cards on these guys.

[video=youtube;wTP56lkKLq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP56lkKLq8[/video]

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
Wow still kind of vague on what actually happened but it's a nice looking boat and I have no doubt that BOB did a great job when he re-rigged it.Congratulations on a nice looking boat!
Still would be nice to see more pictures and very interesting to hear the story in more depth. Seems like there's always a few lowlifes out there to give the boat business a blackeye. Too bad because there are still a lot of good people in this industry!

ilmormark

Reaction score
OK so i am just cruising craigslist not trying to buy anything but came across a hull named a carrera 282 fun effect, I call and negotiate a deal and take off for Hemet near the airport, I run into a guy that has a warehouse out there with all sorts of Junk in there cars, boats, jet skis, go carts you name it. Out in his yard he must have 40 molds carrera and aftershock and inside is the hull on a extreme triple axle trailer so i make the deal. I exchange for the bill of sale. We than agree he will rig it for 7500 if i buy all the parts and pay his wholesale price on everything so we get started, Everything takes longer and cost more than expected it was supposed to be done fathers day 2015 i had back surgery so i wasn't in a hurry for the boat anyways. so in febuary of this year i called him and asked how long it was gonna take i got the standard as he had done many times "2 weeks". So i showed up one day and loaded the boat and all the parts up with great hesitation on his part i took the boat. he had not completed the boat but about 40% engine and wiring were done wrong would have voided the warranty on my brand new crated 520 with Xr drive. which i bought from a really nice guy with a boat company and i got a great deal as he was getting out. This guy and another guy were underfunded and tried to bring back Carrera but clearly didnt know what they were doing and didnt have the capital.Bob took a look and was hesitant to take the job it was a mess i had about 76000 cash into it at this point. we got into a disagreement after what was told to me about the job he did (best part is the hull was layed up by a well known quality lay up guy named alex) I then called my credit card company and reversed 16100 in charges back to him because of the quality of work he didnt fight it. Once at Bobs he decided to take on the challenge and he was the right man for the job although it cost me more than i expected he did it the way he wanted it done and its nothing shy ob beautiful.

Please excuse the typos and grammar i am on a ipad not used to using just mail me if you need any additional info i dont think these guys are still building boats but who knows.