WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New channel docks

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I saw these being worked on in the channel today. They said they will go at least half way across the arch.
Resized_20191211_151940.jpeg
Resized_20191211_151627.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
Let’s just hope they are 10’ wide, so boats can fit.
9’ wide docks with a 8.6 boat sucks

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I give it 2 weeks before some one hits it.

Thats not rdp two weeks, but actual 2 weeks. How that got approved is either fruad or the buddy system. No one could be that incompatent

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Now, if they do dockside service, car hop style, with hot chicks...I have a new reason to go down to the channel;)

I saw pics of the LOTO fuel dock girls, just good business sense there.

Reactions: DWC

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Blue chairs new deal, pretty cool
Heard about him getting these last summer when we ate there.
Doubt they'd obstruct passage any worse than the temporary docks they've been strapping to the London bridge hotel docks.

RodnJen

Reaction score
One more reason to avoid the channel on weekends.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Let’s just hope they are 10’ wide, so boats can fit.
9’ wide docks with a 8.6 boat sucks
Yes it does! I can't even fit my fenders at Topock, i end up putting them on one side, and padding the other side with a few well-hung life jackets. The boat is just wedged in there, no need for ropes lol

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes it does! I can't even fit my fenders at Topock, i end up putting them on one side, and padding the other side with a few well-hung life jackets. The boat is just wedged in there, no need for ropes lol

Topock modified the far docks (removed ever other extension). I go for breakfast so usually get an end tie or one of the front 4.
That was before they got destroyed in the flood.

Tank

Reaction score
What's the new restaurant that will be there? That will be cool for sure to guest dock up and roll up to eat and have a beer and chill and watch the sites. Is this the restaurant being put in by someone on city counsel or some shit?

First the docks at the Heat and now these. I think it's a great idea. I think they should do the dock extensions in front of LBR they use for special events and make them permanent.

Dmangus

Reaction score
It’s about time they added more docks. I’m excited for this

PlanB

Reaction score
What's the new restaurant that will be there? That will be cool for sure to guest dock up and roll up to eat and have a beer and chill and watch the sites. Is this the restaurant being put in by someone on city counsel or some shit?

It's already there. It's called the Blue Chair. The owner used to run Kokomo and owns the cabana boats and Rubber Ducky boat tour business.

Singleton

Reaction score

Blue Chair is the restaurant. Been open a year or so already.

Looking forward to docking, having dinner then a short night cruise in the boat around the island.

PlanB

Reaction score
...and I miss the old channel, but there is no going back. Our hangout used to be on the island next to the bridge where the Heat is now. No wall, no hotel, no condo's. Plenty of beach for boats, and you could cruise your truck right down to the water with a cooler in the back.

Tank

Reaction score
Just googled it. Place looks BOMB! If the food is half as good as it looks in the pics I'm sure it is and will do amazing.

Reactions: CLA

CLA

Reaction score
Just googled it. Place looks BOMB! If the food is half as good as it looks in the pics I'm sure it is and will do amazing.
Agree, this is pretty damn cool! Hopefully the docs are wide enough for big cats.

Tank

Reaction score
...and I miss the old channel, but there is no going back. Our hangout used to be on the island next to the bridge where the Heat is now. No wall, no hotel, no condo's. Plenty of beach for boats, and you could cruise your truck right down to the water with a cooler in the back.
Right? Frankly, I haven't beached a boat in the channel in YEARS!

PlanB

Reaction score
Locals that talked to the foreman are saying these docks will be moving to replace the ones where the tour boats are.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Locals that talked to the foreman are saying these docks will be moving to replace the ones where the tour boats are.
yes the blue deck tour boats about 20 feet from where they are now.

petie6464

Reaction score
Probably planned by the same clowns in the city that are doing all the "Road narrowing" downtown and on the highway, smh.

mbrown2

Reaction score
looks like shit...I could see making side tie docks that fit the shape of the sea wall but putting shit out there that extends into channel looks like an eye sore and takes away the from beauty...short term gains over long term aesthetics....

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
looks like shit...I could see making side tie docks that fit the shape of the sea wall but putting shit out there that extends into channel looks like an eye sore and takes away the from beauty...short term gains over long term aesthetics....
Read post #45. :)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I spoke with Dallas Friday night, hes a great guy and always has time to talk to customers. They ran a laser sight from the current LBR docks and the new ones they are putting in are not sticking out any further than those already are. So if the Blue Chair docks are in your way you would have already bounced off the LBR docks.