WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Chevy

IGGY

Reaction score
Anyone got the new chevy truck with 6.6 diesel? Is it solid?

Monstrous

Reaction score
Picked it up on Wed. Had a 2008 Duramax. Very happy with it. Crew cab dually 4x4. Drives like a dream. Haven't towed with it yet. 12 mpg and climbing.

alohajeff

Reaction score
What's the cost for GM approved Urea? How much does that passenger side tank hold? How long does GM say it'll last before a refill is necessary? -- Edit... GM is saying +/- 5000 miles between "Pee" fillups. Engine goes to Limp mode if the Urea tank runs empty.

I've spent some time underneath a 2500HD Duramax CC 4x4 on a rack and the more I looked at it the less I liked it. Lots of apparent change for the sake of making change. Massive brake calipers with pads not much larger than what I'm used to seeing. Still puny tie rods. Funky front shocks with a GM spec'd barpin upper and the lower bushing is pressed into the arm. The exhaust system alone has more sensors than I could count. A great big ass (heavy) upper control arm with the same little piddly ball-joint. Dual front bumpstops? One apparently wasn't sufficient for some engineer so GM has added another which adds weight to an already portly truck. I love the interior. Hopefully this new pee in the tank diesel emissions crap doesn't ruin the 6.6L's reliability.

I just thought of another thing... the funky new wheel pattern... making all previous wheels unusable. 8 on 180mm pattern = limited aftermarket selection.

And I'll add that these gripes are all based around me not being able to easily tinker with and modify the truck. I can't leave anything stock so when a manufacturer makes it more difficult to "accessorize" I get frustrated. For every negative thing I've seen on the truck I'm sure there's a positive I overlooked.

Aloha

Last edited: