WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Corvette Z06

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Seems like they are taking this back to a track focused car like a GT3 Porsche. The C7 Z06 was not a track focused car in my opinion. This NA C8 Z06 leaves room for a supercharged ZR1 and/or some hybrid thing

I agree...If you are chasing Ferrari 488's and GT#'s people want na and high redline. The car soundfs wicked and i think will be a player.

I think the next version will be like the Mclaren P1 or 918. Not so much track focused but more of a world beater numbers car.

gqchris

Reaction score
It won’t go away till the EIDL money and forgivable PPP windfalls have all been spent. Everyone is sitting on piles of cash, EIDL loans at 4% with 30 year repayment schedules like a mortgage. Everyone is a cash buyer all at the same time. 🔥🔥🔥
So exactly how much EIDL did you get? :D☺️ Asking for a friend!

Just messing with ya!

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I know someone who recently got a 2017 C7 Stingray with 14,000 miles on it - looks brand new inside and out ($50,000). They're out there and a much better deal than a brand new Mustang GT, etc. for a similar or higher price

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I know someone who recently got a 2017 C7 Stingray with 14,000 miles on it - looks brand new inside and out ($50,000). They're out there and a much better deal than a brand new Mustang GT, etc. for a similar or higher price

In another 2 years C8s will be $50K.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
It’s a pretty good platform to go fast. Lots of mods yes, but 8’s /160 is fast.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I'll keep my eye open...obviously you want a manual?

Looking for a zo6 or coupe?
Manual for track car.

either one but z06 is preferable.

I am trying to find a track car. One with mods already done for pennies on the dollar. Motors are easy to change

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Manual for track car.

either one but z06 is preferable.

I am trying to find a track car. One with mods already done for pennies on the dollar. Motors are easy to change
Not a vett guy. But just saw this.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not a vett guy. But just saw this.

Not bad but you’d want more info on that “1500 mile 440 engine build”.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The problem I'm seeing with C5 Vettes is most are used and abused. Its hard to find a really nice one. C5/6's are the last Corvettes to look like a Vette should in my opinion.
That is true. For a track car that is probably fine (to a point) as you will go through it anyway. If you want a nice driver /street car, yea harder to find. I think the C6 is nicer for that because the interior is much better.

The C5 interior creaks groans and pops like a 100 year old house.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I would get a C7 as a driver. C5 as a trailer queen/track car.

C7 is a great track car but C5’s can be had for cheap.

Since the C5 is a track car we would remove the interior anyway. So it would no longer creek.

The only creeking would come from my body and joints.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Interested to see how this thing performs. The current cars are fast and underpowered so 670hp and Z07 package should make this thing a monster on track.

This things is going to blow minds. Wait until they release the ZR1 variant with AWD/Hybrid program its going to perform with the big dollar hyper cars for 1/4 the cost.
AWD/Hybrid question...are they talking about using electric motors on the front wheels? The acceleration from a stop and out of turns would be outrageous! I know a couple of the AWD super cars run the fronts in lower gears, but free spoil after a certain mph or load.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The price difference between a C5 and 6 isn't much. I'm looking at both a lot lately. Had a C4 senior year of high school and want another Vette out of nostalgia. But nice C4's are even harder to find. Rather have the more power of a C5 or 6.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The Ls6 and ls1 in the C5 is a better motor for track use.

The C6 needs a dry sump. most people won’t have a problem but some might.

The C5 needs a lot of work to be a track car. The C6 has a lot of nice stuff.

The C7 is perfect.

it’s all a trade off..

attitude

Reaction score
The Ls6 and ls1 in the C5 is a better motor for track use.

The C6 needs a dry sump. most people won’t have a problem but some might.

The C5 needs a lot of work to be a track car. The C6 has a lot of nice stuff.

The C7 is perfect.

it’s all a trade off..
C6Z😉

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You guys are great spenders of other peoples money. I want to find a car that is easily (cheaply) replaced if there is an “incident” with a wall…..

LOF knows what I am talking about.

attitude

Reaction score
You guys are great spenders of other peoples money. I want to find a car that is easily (cheaply) replaced if there is an “incident” with a wall…..

I doubt I would ever take a nice vette to a track but I always thought a Miata would be fun.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I feel you.

Track prepped C5 making 400-450 HP is easy and cheap. If you can get your skill level up to drive that thing on kill on the track you’ll be faster than 99% of the people at the track with “street” cars. You can probably make due with an Accusump as an insurance policy.

Parts are cheap, if you wad it up, another roller is cheap.

Spend the money you saved instead of buying a higher spec vette on tires, brake pads and track days. You’ll be an infinitely better driver and have had a ton more fun along the way.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I doubt I would ever take a nice vette to a track but I always thought a Miata would be fun.

Thats why you take a beat down vette. Miatas are great, but you will get to a point with it where you are holding the gas pedal flat to the floor and just steering. When you get to that point, you are ready for more power.

attitude

Reaction score
Thats why you take a beat down vette. Miatas are great, but you will get to a point with it where you are holding the gas pedal flat to the floor and just steering. When you get to that point, you are ready for more power.
I could see that but it would be a fun learn with. My track time consists of Pole Position so far lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I could see that but it would be a fun learn with. My track time consists of Pole Position so far lol.

Make no mistake, a Miata is a great place to start. Everything is cheap for them and consumables last forever.

If you wanted to take your vette to the track for the learning experience let me know. You’d have a great time.

spectras only

Reaction score
friend has the C7 757HP Callaway special he ordered. Every person seen that car said ,they would take it over a C8. He tracked it a few times for two years but retired it, when he got his BMW Formula open wheel car. The Vette has the carbon rotors that cost 3K per corner, the Formula open wheel's can last a season. ;)
I'll be tracking the two Formula 1600's and the Radical we have and use the turbo Miata bext season, taking passengers around the track. There's nothing giving more thrill than an open wheel racer on a great track. I don't track my Viper anymore either.
Only street car I'd be interested to own would be a Hayabusa powered Lotus 7 or a Caterham that my buddy has. 👍

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It’s a pretty good platform to go fast. Lots of mods yes, but 8’s /160 is fast.

I would argue its a terrible platform to drag race. Its a great car for a track with corners.

Yes getting into the 8's at 160is fast but there are better/easier platforms. (The LT1/2 cars don't love boost)

People are having a ton of issues with the platform and GM has all but locked out any tuning. That car has a forged motor , twin turbos. built trans and a full stand alone management system. Were not even talking about how people are popping the engines and being hush hush about it and then going fully built.

spectras only

Reaction score
^^^

Seeems a long way to get to Sal Patel's 6's time back in 2015 ;)

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I feel you.

Track prepped C5 making 400-450 HP is easy and cheap. If you can get your skill level up to drive that thing on kill on the track you’ll be faster than 99% of the people at the track with “street” cars. You can probably make due with an Accusump as an insurance policy.

Parts are cheap, if you wad it up, another roller is cheap.

Spend the money you saved instead of buying a higher spec vette on tires, brake pads and track days. You’ll be an infinitely better driver and have had a ton more fun along the way.
This x 100%

I tracked a C7 for a while and it got expensive. Also since it was new I was always worried about crashing it and wear and rear. Took the fun out of it.

Next time its a clapped out C5

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Make no mistake, a Miata is a great place to start. Everything is cheap for them and consumables last forever.

If you wanted to take your vette to the track for the learning experience let me know. You’d have a great time.
This x 100. Miata is best bang for the buck for having fun. Cheap, reliable fun.

Also there is a lot to be said for guys who can make a Miata go fast on the track. Nothing more emasculating then getting passed in yore brand new high dollar ride on the track by a miata. I have seen it happen

Vettes are like WMD’s on the track

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
AWD/Hybrid question...are they talking about using electric motors on the front wheels? The acceleration from a stop and out of turns would be outrageous! I know a couple of the AWD super cars run the fronts in lower gears, but free spoil after a certain mph or load.
Yes, for the Zora/ ZR1. TT DOHC version of the Z06 engine with hybrid assist up front. And a price to match. But a true world beating supercar if they can pull it off.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you guys watched the Chevrolet Z06 intro on YouTube did you notice that they showed that car on an all wheel drive dyno? It looks like the Zora or ZL1 may be an all wheel drive hybrid with more than likely electric motors up front.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
If you guys watched the Chevrolet Z06 intro on YouTube did you notice that they showed that car on an all wheel drive dyno? It looks like the Zora or ZL1 may be an all wheel drive hybrid with more than likely electric motors up front.
Alot of the newer dynos used for tuning or emissions testing have front and rear rollers so they can simulate load.

I do think the Zora will be AWD with electric motors in the front and perhaps a 3rd in the rear like the nsx.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
I've got an 04 C5 Z06 that is in as new pristine cond with 38k mi. Garaged/covered its entire life and never seen a drop of rain. Will never sell it but its still a very fun car to drive being they have a good power to weight ratio and handle very well.

As LOF stated a few minor mods and you have a runner on the track. C5 Z is a great affordable platform to start with. Higher mileage moderately clean C5 Z's can be had for less than 20k.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Here Are The Official 2023 Corvette Z06 Specs​

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 11.46.12 AM.png