WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New development?

hallett21

Reaction score
Don’t think I’ve seen this one before. Looks to be less than a mile north of Pirates

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hallett21

Reaction score
Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t figure out where it gets water from. Both sides look closed although I’m sure that’s not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Can't get there from the water, at least I couldn't figure out how. It looks like somewhere over the years someone maybe burried culverts. I think it was last year there was some sort of PD activity that was brought up on here, same images, so I went looking. Lots of reeds where the pass throughs would be.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
It's been there for years, you can't access the area from the water, but you can get to it offroad from the trail that parallels the rail road tracks from Moabi to Needles. A few people may or may not have been known to drop a standup jet ski in it.

Sangerdog

Reaction score
That is called Beal Slough. good fishing back there. But over grown alot. You can SxS around the river side of it. Sand dune a little.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
That is called Beal Slough. good fishing back there. But over grown alot. You can SxS around the river side of it. Sand dune a little.
This ^^^. There was row boat sunk at the side closest to the river.

Taboma

Reaction score

Is it the result of another failed Desert Dream ? Certainly carved for something, although even older black and white aerials seem to show it's origin as being a natural slough.

c_land

Reaction score
Is it the result of another failed Desert Dream ? Certainly carved for something, although even older black and white aerials seem to show it's origin as being a natural slough.
I would really doubt it. Even if it was privately owned, the Army Corps right-of-way on the river side and the RR right-of-way on the other, it is pretty well landlocked. And Landlocked between two nightmares as far as permitting goes.

Taboma

Reaction score
I would really doubt it. Even if it was privately owned, the Army Corps right-of-way on the river side and the RR right-of-way on the other, it is pretty well landlocked. And Landlocked between two nightmares as far as permitting goes.

Yeah I tend to agree, seems as far back as 1953, Beal Slough is mentioned as an important remaining backwater fishery of native species. The aerial images from 1985, although of poor resolution, seem to show a different configuration than does the one from 1992 that shows manmade intervention. There is reference to a Beal Slough Fishery Enhancement project from 1987, but no details are given.

Beal Slough.JPG