WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Empire / Carrera Boats

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Does anyone have the scoop on what the heck is going on with this guy? I keep seeing his stuff pop up on Facebook but it is all very odd. He is using pics of what appear to be Tahiti Boats but he has crossed out the Tahiti badging and even went as far as to place "New Empire" over Tahiti's name in a couple pics. Just a couple weeks ago he posted a sellers permit for Carrera Boats and a live video of what looks like a Shockwave 22 Deck being built.

Anyone else see this being posted or have any information on this guy and his operation?? @Goodtime$

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Pics
FB_IMG_1593101872723.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101798375.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101777001.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101758153.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101737431.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101677925~2.jpg
FB_IMG_1593101651437.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1593101677925.jpg
    FB_IMG_1593101677925.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 224

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Not sure what the heck is goin' on here but the 257 Effect Deck looks great. I only know about boats from this site but ima thinkin'........that not where the fuel tanks go

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Not sure what the heck is goin' on here but the 257 Effect Deck looks great. I only know about boats from this site but ima thinkin'........that not where the fuel tanks go
Agreed, the 257 is a great looking boat but the pictures of it haven't changed at all in over a month. It is all very strange.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Todd is on here, the is goodtime$

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The answer Joe is that someone (or a series of people) somewhere didn’t get their money and/or get what they paid for.

Countdown to someone quoting this post and saying this is all just a “misunderstanding” in 3....2....

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I just checked the address from the piece of paper in the picture posted and it says that address is Tahiti boats 🤔🤔

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That’s the fiberglass composites location where the Tahiti’s are laid up. The molds are at the location. It’s next to the Hemet airport.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This was just posted 15 mins ago.

Screenshot_20200625-103250_Facebook.jpg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but seeing a craigslist ad with a half-finished boat and a name written over Tahiti in MS Paint makes me want to drop $XX,XXXX

Edit: I really really hope Tahiti wasn't done in by COVID. I haven't seen Goodtimes posting builds for a bit.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
so this "23 deck in the making" is not bad looking. The deck looks to be based off a Placecraft/Shockwave/Tahiti with 5+ inches more gunnel height, but the hull is something completely different. The floor looks to be flat all throughout.....oh, oh, oh.....I think I figured it out. Me eye spys the hull of the 22 Daytona, maybe?

I like it....but please please please dont bolt on a bow platform.

attitude

Reaction score
so this "23 deck in the making" is not bad looking. The deck looks to be based off a Placecraft/Shockwave/Tahiti with 5+ inches more gunnel height, but the hull is something completely different. The floor looks to be flat all throughout.....oh, oh, oh.....I think I figured it out. Me eye spys the hull of the 22 Daytona, maybe?

Well the 22 Daytona mold was sold, not sure where it ended up.

JFMFG

Reaction score
I’ve seen Tahiti post story’s on Instagram I’m curious as to why someone is slapping their name over his.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
He posts a lot on the carrera boat owners everywhere facebook group. Not sure of specifics at all (I think hes supposed to be at the Carrera regatta in aug tho?), but Im glad to see the 257 making a comeback!

Dennis Winzen also posts in that same group.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
That’s the fiberglass composites location where the Tahiti’s are laid up. The molds are at the location. It’s next to the Hemet airport.

Is that where Commader used to be?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Ask the guy on Facebook where his shop is and I will investigate 😂😂 if it’s in Hemet that’s where I live

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Is that where Commader used to be?

No, Commander was in Corona and Perris. The Perris location is where the molds were laid up if my recollection is correct.

This location is where Carrera and, I think, the Orion’s were laid up.

gqchris

Reaction score
Todd is posting in Instagram all the time for Tahiti. They are like 6 months jam packed with builds from what I have seen. He will be here shortly I am sure.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The answer Joe is that someone (or a series of people) somewhere didn’t get their money and/or get what they paid for.

Countdown to someone quoting this post and saying this is all just a “misunderstanding” in 3....2....

Si are you saying that is what is going on? Or just being an asshole?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Looks like the Ultra deck to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJ13

Reaction score
Its across the street fire station at the airport.

boatpi

Reaction score
He does not show a USCG MIC license yet, but the database may be slow to update.

LC925

Reaction score
Does the 23 Ultra hull have a step?

And one other question. Does the 23 WPM have a stepped hull?
They did have the WPM lower mold there a few months ago at Joel’s fiberglass shop.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Todd is posting in Instagram all the time for Tahiti. They are like 6 months jam packed with builds from what I have seen. He will be here shortly I am sure.

Thanks bud. Covid wont stop us as that shit isnt real.

OK Quick notes and im going to line item them so its not to be confused.

1. Betto Ochoa owns the molds. He was the GM at the glass shop (Fibercomposites Joel Casillas ) for many years.
2. They had a falling out. Betto moved next door to the Trailer Shop and purchased that business.
3. Betto is my friend. Works his ass off and has always stayed late with me. I owe him a lot.
4. We build the 242 SKIER, we had a license agreement with Ray who owned the mold and have built 3.
5. Ray sold all the molds to Betto. Now we buy the 242 Hulls from Betto when and if we sell one.
6. New Empire Boats is Betto, I believe they will call it Carrera Boats from now on.
7. The 23 Cat is a 23' WPM BOTTOM and the top deck is pieces of a placecraft/ ao / carrera cat and is in the tooling phase.
8. The 257 Carrera Party Effect hull is out and decked. The fuel tanks are in and it will go to rigging.
9. Betto has moved all the molds into his trailer shop yard- Most of them (Carrera / Aftershock) and many more are still yet to be moved.

Tahiti will continue to build boats next door, I will always help Betto with fuel tanks, rigging and anything I can. He helped me grow the business and is a great wood guy. I will always look out for the best interest.

We continue to work together to make the 242 hull correct for 3 different power options:
JET - in rigging
Inboard - LSA Bravo delivered
300R - Parker bound today.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

1. Betto Ochoa owns the molds. He was the GM at the glass shop (Fibercomposites Joel Casillas ) for many years.
2. They had a falling out. Betto moved next door to the Trailer Shop and purchased that business.
3. Betto is my friend. Works his ass off and has always stayed late with me. I owe him a lot.
4. We build the 242 SKIER, we had a license agreement with Ray who owned the mold and have built 3.
5. Ray sold all the molds to Betto. Now we buy the 242 Hulls from Betto when and if we sell one.
6. New Empire Boats is Betto, I believe they will call it Carrera Boats from now on.
7. The 23 Cat is a 23' WPM BOTTOM and the top deck is pieces of a placecraft/ ao / carrera cat and is in the tooling phase.
8. The 257 Carrera Party Effect hull is out and decked. The fuel tanks are in and it will go to rigging.
9. Betto has moved all the molds into his trailer shop yard- Most of them (Carrera / Aftershock) and many more are still yet to be moved.

Tahiti will continue to build boats next door, I will always help Betto with fuel tanks, rigging and anything I can. He helped me grow the business and is a great wood guy. I will always look out for the best interest.

We continue to work together to make the 242 hull correct for 3 different power options:
JET - in rigging

Do you have a picture of the 242 outboard?

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

JET - in rigging

"As the BOAT WORLD turns"

Thanks for the "explanation"!

And just "keep on, keeping on!" cause TAHITI is "killing it".. IMO!! Fair prices with beautiful product, especially in the "jet bote" world right now!!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Nice. I met Brock at Sundance few years ago. Finally sold the Ultra and got a hell of a upgrade. Congrats!