WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Enclosed - Build / Questions

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I bought this cargo mate the other day.
B15E1797-B036-4DA5-83DE-3F2468ED9615.jpeg
3EA1A913-13AA-428D-88E6-2C520909E8ED.jpeg
F2DC4FF4-0DAD-4CC6-BBF4-36697A57E2AA.jpeg
40089182-7D85-4BEA-8126-FBBAADFFDB96.jpeg
22A1EF17-23BD-434E-BBFC-BDA12B28C49D.jpeg
D9D769C9-88D9-4230-BD8B-60BC2EDDF5AA.jpeg
961783FE-B25D-4551-9A71-A54208349819.jpeg
4CE65FDD-4A51-4068-9261-D32A4E75BD19.jpeg
08E163E7-08FB-478F-B7F8-9163B7EE39CB.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It is pre braced and wired for AC.. First class RV will be installing a unit with a heat pump at some point this week..

They have the dometic brisk air (no heat pump)/ penguin 2 (low profile with heat pump)) in stock..

I’m really happy with the furion that I have in the vending trailed, but am not sure if they offer it with the heat pump..

Which unit do you guys like the best?

Singleton

Reaction score
It is pre braced and wired for AC.. First class RV will be installing a unit with a heat pump at some point this week..

They have the dometic brisk air (no heat pump)/ penguin 2 (low profile with heat pump)) in stock..

I’m really happy with the furion that I have in the vending trailed, but am not sure if they offer it with the heat pump..

Which unit do you guys like the best?

I had a 15k brisk added to my ToyHauler. Heat Pump version is still pending.
Heard good things about Furion.
I would go AC only, then a Big Buddy heater connected to propane for a heater (Easier on batteries).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had a 15k brisk added to my ToyHauler. Heat Pump version is still pending.
Heard good things about Furion.
I would go AC only, then a Big Buddy heater connected to propane for a heater (Easier on batteries).

being this is more of an enclosed a space heater would work.. I just didn’t want one more thing to carry around.

Singleton

Reaction score
being this is more of an enclosed a space heater would work.. I just didn’t want one more thing to carry around.

the buddy will not kill the trailer battery at night or worse, kill the RV house batteries by pulling power.
also provides heat closer to where kids might be sleeping if they get kicked to trailer

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
the buddy will not kill the trailer battery at night or worse, kill the RV house batteries by pulling power.
also provides heat closer to where kids might be sleeping if they get kicked to trailer

Even burning propane.. aren’t there exhaust gasses? CO2?

Mondorally

Reaction score

They’re built for indoor use - trailers, tents, etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
Even burning propane.. aren’t there exhaust gasses? CO2?

I worried about that as well. I crack the vent and AC also is not air tight, so gasses leave trailer.
They are built for camping, so risk is low

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I have the dometic 15k heatpump and ac not sure what series but it has no problem keeping up with heating and cooling my trailer. But mines fully insulated. Not sure if yours is.
The only draw back on mine, to run I have to either be plugged into power or run generator. In glamis no problem
In Yosemite etc Iv used an rv propane heater but was a pain in the ass kicking off carbon monoxide sensors all night. I threw sensor out the window and left window open. But Michelle was so freaked out she wouldn’t let me turn on heater after that. Her parents had friends that one took out the entire family camping while they slept.
Also on other thread your looking for couch beds. And mentioned you didn’t think happyjacks would work with angle on corners near roof.
Yes it will still work the frame for happy jacks mount below the angle, and a queen size mattress is much smaller then trailer width so it would sit inside / clear the angle sections of roof. And then you can use any mattress wayyyyyyyy more comfortable then any fold out couch. See pics below, corners also have the 45 deg plates added. Mattress is actually 12-18in short of the white frame. See pic, mattress sticks up beyond frame so frame doesn’t go flush to ceiling anyway.
10FBCDDE-69AE-4CEF-AC75-6D7EEE3CECB1.jpeg
F1DD5359-713C-41ED-9191-98133784F3BD.jpeg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
That setup is clean.. who makes that?
That’s my universal, 2nd pic was before I added 2nd bed to the happy jack. The wall couches / beds rarely get used, and no where near the comfort of bed. Like comparing a nice cot to a bed.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
That’s my universal, 2nd pic was before I added 2nd bed to the happy jack. The wall couches / beds rarely get used, and no where near the comfort of bed. Like comparing a nice cot to a bed.
I'd rather sleep in the cot.....lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I'd rather sleep in the cot.....lol
Your welcome on my cot anytime, lol
Iv considered pulling them out since they never get used

although if you laid on my happy Jack bed with full size queen mattress and foam topper, you’d prolly ask if we could spoon that night 😂

azsunfun

Reaction score
stick with the heatpump! same amprage, your only downfall on heating side is defrost heatstrips may over amp your circuit. just make sure on that end and your good. 👍

azsunfun

Reaction score
stick with the heatpump! same amprage, your only downfall on heating side is defrost heatstrips may over amp your circuit. just make sure on that end and your good. 👍
sorry had to go to bed, on some ac rooftops you can add heatstrips, auxillery heat not defrost. still heat pump my vote as to brand i guess that would be determined by the air distribution your looking for. gd luck.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I ended up putting the AC / Heat Pump in with the bad ass thermostat etc.. I recently put my RZR in there and I'm kinda concerned this thing isn't gonna fit all my shit.. When I measured it, it all measured out, but you know how that goes compared to actually putting the stuff in it. :oops:

I might have to sell this thing and step up to a 28. This is a 24.

I'd need to put a Speed Car or Rzr etc.. and 3 kids quads in it. I can fit the RZR and two pretty handily.. the third is gonna get tricky.

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So I ended up putting the AC / Heat Pump in with the bad ass thermostat etc.. I recently put my RZR in there and I'm kinda concerned this thing isn't gonna fit all my shit.. When I measured it, it all measured out, but you know how that goes compared to actually putting the stuff in it. :oops:

I'd need to put a Speed Car or Rzr etc.. and 3 kids quads in it. I can fit the RZR and two pretty handily.. the third is gonna get tricky.

RD
Stand the little bitches on end!

When I was younger, we used a 16' open trailer to take our toys to the desert. It would be loaded up with 2 or 3 families worth of bikes and 3 wheelers. 2 full size 3 wheelers on end, followed by 1 full size and 1 ATC 70 on end, 2 to 3 kids dirt bikes (from PW50's to 125's when we got older) then 1 or 2 full size bikes. Along with gas cans, wood, and gear stuffed in every opening possible. It was very Beverly Hillbillies looking, but it worked for years without much of any issue.

Ive also gone to the desert with a Yamaha Blaster, Kawasaki 700 behemoth of a quad, and my KX500 in the bed of my 1/2 short bed truck (blaster standing, 700 flat nosed in, and my 500 wedged in next to them by the bed rail).

69hondo

Reaction score
When I was looking at trailers I layed out masking tape on my garage floor the exact inside dimensions of the trailers I was looking at and then would place everything inside the tape lines to figure out if it would all fit. Not perfect but gave me a good reference.

FlatNv

Reaction score

RD

32' bought it used last year thought it would be to big .. sooo glad I went bigger than was looking for. (razor xp4- desert car and 3 dirt bikes )
Image.jpg