WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New F’n haole from Hawaii

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Howzit Havasu and RDP!!!! I have been lurking for a few months, signed up a few weeks ago. I had a name close to another member so RD made a change to HNL2LHC.

I was born and raised in Hawaii Spent some time in SoCal back in the 90s after school where I met my wife. Work takes me to the West Coast almost every month so we have been spending some weekends in LHC. We are currently looking to be purchase a property and build a home in the next few years so we can spend more time at the river with family and friends.

Hope to be able to meet up with some members on Future trips to LHC

Croz

Reaction score
Living the dream dude! Welcome

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I’m a Hapa not a Haole [emoji4]

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Living the dream dude! Welcome

Yeah, try tell that to my wife. LOL She cant wait to get off the island. She is going to Seattle to see the FOo Fighters this weekend.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I’m a Hapa not a Haole [emoji4]

Welcome!

Thanks Technically if you are Asian and Caucasian you are hapa haole. LOL. I am full haole everyone thinks I am military

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Welcome!

Building a home in Havasu can be a PIA but it can be rewarding at the same time.
Luckily you are familiar with island time so you won’t be surprised when schedules slip.
There’s plenty o realtors in the board including RDP himself so you’re in good hands. Have fun.

Had a bitchen time in Oahu and Kauai last year. Really love it there. We try to go often to see all the islands beauty.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Welcome!

Building a home in Havasu can be a PIA but it can be rewarding at the same time.
Luckily you are familiar with island time so you won’t be surprised when schedules slip.
There’s plenty o realtors in the board including RDP himself so you’re in good hands. Have fun.

Had a bitchen time in Oahu and Kauai last year. Really love it there. We try to go often to see all the islands beauty.

Thanks for the heads up on construction in LHC. I have been watching the market for almost a year as well as the forum on the challenges of building. I am involved in the construction industry here in the islands so I understand the possible frustrations. It will be a extended timeline to build so I am not going to get worked up with delays.

Next time your on Oahu let me know and I’ll buy you a beer. I am about 15 minutes from Waikiki outside of Downtown Honolulu

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on construction in LHC. I have been watching the market for almost a year as well as the forum on the challenges of building. I am involved in the construction industry here in the islands so I understand the possible frustrations. It will be a extended timeline to build so I am not going to get worked up with delays.

Next time your on Oahu let me know and I’ll buy you a beer. I am about 15 minutes from Waikiki outside of Downtown Honolulu

That is the Aloha spirit. I was better at achieving that on the islands than I am on the mainland. Something about it there I get a no worry type of vibe that usually sticks with me a couple weeks after I come back.

Would love to get back to Waikiki soon. Been wanting to stay at Hawaiian village sometime. Seems like a fun place to hang out. Thanks for the offer dude. Same thing goes for Me, hit me up when your in town. We like Martini Bay on Fridays for happy hour.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If I’m Asian, and Caucasian, that makes me CaucAsian...umm how does that work again? [emoji4]

I look enough like an islander that I get the bruddah hookups [emoji4]

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
That is the Aloha spirit. I was better at achieving that on the islands than I am on the mainland. Something about it there I get a no worry type of vibe that usually sticks with me a couple weeks after I come back.

Would love to get back to Waikiki soon. Been wanting to stay at Hawaiian village sometime. Seems like a fun place to hang out. Thanks for the offer dude. Same thing goes for Me, hit me up when your in town. We like Martini Bay on Fridays for happy hour.

I plan on creating a thread when I am on my way to the river. Next trip looks like it will be in early November. Going to SEMA and then LHC for the weekend.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
3CCC5010-6F23-4F85-80C4-2AA1FFE6F068.jpeg

Wife and I went to breakfast today and I told her I needed to take this photo of the HHV fountain. Check out the shirt I picked up on our last trip to LHC.

Been wanting to stay at Hawaiian village sometime. Seems like a fun place to hang out.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We were there exactly one year ago for a week.
Had great weather and tried to hit as many beaches as we could driving around the island.
IMG_4087.JPG

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! One of the best places to learn to surf right there. One of the first places that I surfed when I was in middle school. Took my son there when he was in elementary school.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Shoots!

Welcome to the forum! I'm form SoCal but currently am living in Kailua!

Howzit! Got family in Kailua too. what brings you to the islands?

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
9632203D-1DE4-436A-B93D-1731C8CF9540.jpeg
B7DCDAF7-2902-44F1-A952-D20F93DE9DC5.jpeg
Was diggin up some old photos today so I thought I’d post an images of our son and his friend surfing out at Canoes. (That is the break out from the Duke statue)