WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New family boat 1979 Spectra 20 jet!

JlG

Reaction score
After searching for a v drive 20 that wasn’t 20k the owner of this jet messaged me about this boat. It’s a very solid boat and for the price I couldn’t pass it up. 460, Berkeley JC runs good.
I have seen these boats with trim tabs, ride plates etc. what’s a good setup for this hull?
This boat has a aluminum fuel tank under the floor between the front seats is that a later model thing or has it been replaced?
Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

• E6FED34F-5B6A-4927-AD08-844DA9FAFA00.jpeg
    E6FED34F-5B6A-4927-AD08-844DA9FAFA00.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 200

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
Your boat looks mint. I'd love to see a lot more pics.

Full stringer boat.

johnny79

Reaction score
After searching for a v drive 20 that wasn’t 20k the owner of this jet messaged me about this boat. It’s a very solid boat and for the price I couldn’t pass it up. 460, Berkeley JC runs good.
I have seen these boats with trim tabs, ride plates etc. what’s a good setup for this hull?
This boat has a aluminum fuel tank under the floor between the front seats is that a later model thing or has it been replaced?
Thanks,
Jason
I have trim tabs on my boat, they work pretty good in chop for a smoother ride.
It’s probably original, when Spectra did the full length stringers starting in 78 i believe they put the aluminum tank in the floor between the seats. Much better option than the fiberglass side tanks the older boats had.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
50 Gal belly tank when they went back to full stringers. I think they ride better than the side tank ones do.

Place diverter is a great place to start to free it up and get some control, never been in a jet that used tabs ?

Possible to make it ride better in chop, since it does not have a P/D stock?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I have trim tabs on my boat, they work pretty good in chop for a smoother ride.
It’s probably original, when Spectra did the full length stringers starting in 78 i believe they put the aluminum tank in the floor between the seats. Much better option than the fiberglass side tanks the older boats had.

All V-Drives and I/Os had full stringers.

75-78 Jets had motor boxes or 1/4 stringers.

79-81 Jets went back to full stringers.

Reactions: JlG