WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Fence

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Well with the boat in the shop this week I decided it was time to do some work around the house. I've needed to get rid of the old chain link fence for a long time and this seemed like the week to do it. I forgot to take "before" pictures, but you can get the idea.

So far I've got the holes dug and cement poured for the 4x4 fence post. I'm no expert by any means so don't rag on my work too hard. If the damn thing doesn't fall down in the first week I'll be a happy man.

Going to put the gate on this side
DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

Panoramic
DSCF0026.jpg

And had to let the cement dry so rode bikes for Margritas :D
DSCF0027.jpg

Last edited:

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Finished the fence post this evening. Hopefully tomorrow I'l be able to get the frame work done.

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0041.jpg

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
So here is the progress as of last night. I'm taking Friday off for a little R&R and to go to my girlfriends nephews 2nd birthday party. Tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be getting all the fence boards on and trying to fabricate a gate. I want to do a sliding gate but I'm not sure how to do it. Looks like I'll be researching the internet tonight for ideas. If anyone has any input on how I can build the gate I would really appreciate it.

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Allright!! With the help of my lovely girlfriend I was able to get all the fence boards on. Now I need to find a place that sells gate hardware so I can make the tracks for the sliding gate. Hopefully I will be able to get all the material tomorrow.

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

Last edited:

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Well the fence is on hold now. I had just finished one side of the gat when I got a nice letter from the city. It seems some Jackhole has decided that they don't like my fence!:skull And since I moved it out close to the street, like all the other houses on the street, I'm in code violation. I knew I was skirting the code and had my fingers crossed it would be ok. I've had about 20 neighbors stop and say "Beautiful fence" "thanks for cleaning the place up" "It makes the street look so much better." But it only takes one complaint to ruin it. So I guess I'll be pushing it back a few feet. But not for about two weeks. Desert Storm this week and next week to cure the hangover.