WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New From Austin TX

Eriki

Reaction score
Hey all name is Erik,
Been lurking around the site for the past 2 years but never thought to join until now. The Wife and I live in Austin Tx on Lake Travis.
We sold our boat a year n half ago to buy our first house and we are looking to purchase another one again. We are really looking into Mid Cabins, which are not all that popular here but will be great when taking the dogs out.

Currently searching for Eliminators, Halletts and Shockwaves. Is it me or are used boat prices higher this spring/summer than they usually are??
Any other Central Texans in here?

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
Been this way for a few years now. New builds are quite expensive so it is driving the price of used boats up. Plus supply and demand is what the issue is now not much for sale so owners can name their price and are pretty much getting it

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome to rdp.
Boat prices new and used are high. Demand is strong so it tends to drive up the prices.
Good luck on your search, be patient and you will find the right one.

farmo83

Reaction score
Welcome. We live in Houston and boat in Austin. There's several central Texas inmates. Good luck in your search. Be prepared to drive or have your boat shipped in.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to rdp! I have never been on Lake Travis but have several friends that boat on it and live there! Heard it’s pretty bad ass!

Eriki

Reaction score
Welcome to rdp! I have never been on Lake Travis but have several friends that boat on it and live there! Heard it’s pretty bad ass!

Thanks for the welcome! It is for sure one of the better lakes around in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wedgy

Reaction score
Welcome to RPD from Levelland, Texas! Good luck on your search. I like the mid cabins, hope you find a Gem!

traquer

Reaction score
Never been on lake travis but I was curious one day when I was in the area and phoned up one of marinas asking if there was a speed or noise limit on the lake... The girl that answered the phone said no and no, and that her dad's boat does 110 :D

Eriki

Reaction score
Never been on lake travis but I was curious one day when I was in the area and phoned up one of marinas asking if there was a speed or noise limit on the lake... The girl that answered the phone said no and no, and that her dad's boat does 110 :D
There are a few boats around here that do over 110, one is an enclosed cockpit not sure what it was but was watching him do test runs one day and he was easily over 130

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Welcome. I've seen pics from Lake Travis, and it's on my list of lakes to boat on. Hopefully all the BS will die down next year and the family and I can start making some trips.

Eriki

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes. Hopefully I will be able to find a deal on a boat In the next 2 months.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Welcome!
I live in DFW but we visit Austin quite often [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro