WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Havasu 40’ CC from Wraith.

Tank

Reaction score
40’ performance boat is FAAAAAAR from too big on havasu. People fail to realize needles bridge to havasu springs is 60-70
Miles. And when the wind whips up blowing white caps across the lake and everyone is getting beat to shit or just won’t go out, 40 footer will Be running at 70 with 12 people
On board drinking cocktails and listening to music.

I remember in the late 90’s people would tell me to take my 24’ outlaw back to the ocean! Lol. Same shit in 05 in our 38 cigarette. Now there’s 46 skaters and 44DCB’s and 50 outerlimits and even 57 MTI’s running around from time to time.

Size is relative. 😁😉

What does it matter how big a boat is on the lake anyway? If you know the lake and river well enough, you don’t ever have to be anywhere near these horrible boats. Lol

Build it and it will sell. At least right now in this market. Next year? Who knows. Bubbles gotta pop eventually right?

wet hull

Reaction score
The fact they can take all your buddies in any water conditions / AC cabin / storage and coolers for days..

Other than the beaching aspect they are waaayyyy better than deckboats IMO
Can bring back the old days of copper canyon, but in a nice AC cabin out of the public eye. I am changing life path to buy a CC one day!! It truly fits all styles of boating. Hit Havasu, pull to Oceanside after and run to Catalina the next weekend. My dream!!

JFMFG

Reaction score
While true for the most part. At 800k that’s pretty damn steep price point. I would say maybe 10 people on this site can/would buy this boat total. 150k gets you a nice used magic with a good motor. Which most people can afford.

Shit the fuel bill on a weekend with 4 450 is prolly well over 1000$

This is why this is not really practical for havasu. Those that can afford it would be prolly go for a midnight express, cig, ect brand would be my opinion.

The lines on this boat are bitchen though really clean looking. I like what wraith is doing in the cat market too
My wife’s family has a 38 mystic her uncle said it cost him 500$ to run from springs to pirate and back.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well this thread turned into ever other recent thread with people bitching about how other people spend money on things and more arguing back and fourth over stupid crap
🤣 recent threads

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Maybe not practical but pretty damn cool.

Yes! As long as you have a carbon fiber and billet titanium extension ladder to disembark the vessel and access the beach for activities.

goshen82

Reaction score
We have 38 mystic and they are awesome. We can put 15 ppl on the boat and be comfortable. When it’s windy out and no one is on the lake we still go out it feels like nothing in that boat. We go through like 500 to 1000 in fuel on a weekend depending on how far we go and if we go up river. It’s actually for sale if anyone is looking for a bitchen cc. We ended up going to a 42 mti cc for this summer.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
We have 38 mystic and they are awesome. We can put 15 ppl on the boat and be comfortable. When it’s windy out and no one is on the lake we still go out it feels like nothing in that boat. We go through like 500 to 1000 in fuel on a weekend depending on how far we go and if we go up river. It’s actually for sale if anyone is looking for a bitchen cc. We ended up going to a 42 mti cc for this summer.
I’ve been eying this boat. Good luck with the sale and hopefully it stays in havasu.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I don't get everyone saying a 40' is too big for Havasu and $800k is ridiculous money in Havasu. DCB has Plenty of 33-44' boats running havasu all day long and those boats are anywhere from 500k-1mil+ lol Tons of 38' MTI cats are running havasu now too and most of these boats seat 5-6 max. I guess I'm biased because our family has a CC and we throw 10-15 people on it and cruise around. But you can't say these are crazy boats or crazy expensive when the new homes going up in the Riviera are anywhere from $5-$10mil

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I don't get everyone saying a 40' is too big for Havasu and $800k is ridiculous money in Havasu. DCB has Plenty of 33-44' boats running havasu all day long and those boats are anywhere from 500k-1mil+ lol Tons of 38' MTI cats are running havasu now too and most of these boats seat 5-6 max. I guess I'm biased because our family has a CC and we throw 10-15 people on it and cruise around. But you can't say these are crazy boats or crazy expensive when the new homes going up in the Riviera are anywhere from $5-$10mil
Because all those boats done even equal 1% of the boats on the water any given weekend. So yes it is impractical for the family of 4 bringing in 150-300k a year in income

Singleton

Reaction score
Because all those boats done even equal 1% of the boats on the water any given weekend. So yes it is impractical for the family of 4 bringing in 150-300k a year in income

I don’t even like boating with that many folks in my boat :). 7 max is my limit and that only occurs when 3 of those 7 are kids

JLG614

Reaction score
I don't see why you say its not practical. Of course not everyone can afford it. I definitely could not. but if there is a baller on havasu that wants to take his entire family or a bunch of friends out on the boat for a few days and can afford it then its a very practical boat. I can promise you a 38+ CC will ride better and hold way more toys, ice chests, chairs, supplies, ect than any deck boat ever will. Because there is less Ballers in havasu than the average family does that mean Ballers shouldn't be allowed to have big boats on the water? I understand that its not practical for everyone I just don't understand your argument

hallett21

Reaction score

It’s all about perspective. There’s a guy on a clapped out jet ski wishing he had a 18ft sea ray. All the way up to the big cats and CCs.

Meanwhile there’s a guy on the beach wishing he had the clapped out jet ski.

Performance boating is a fun way to spend money but at least you can include family and friends if you so choose.

Plenty of hobbyists in sports cars, airplanes, horses (this makes boats look cheap), scale trains, big game hunting etc. All of the above can get deep into 7 figures for “fun” lol. And can just be me myself and I 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

JLG614

Reaction score
It’s all about perspective. There’s a guy on a clapped out jet ski wishing he had a 18ft sea ray. All the way up to the big cats and CCs.

Performance boating is a fun way to spend money but at least you can include family and friends if you so choose.

Plenty of hobbyists in the sports car, airplane, horses (this makes boats look cheap), scale trains, big game hunting etc. All of the above can get deep into 7 figures for “fun” lol. And can just me myself and I 🤷🏼‍♂️
Exactly. Its all about perspective and what meets your needs and what someone can afford. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. like you said, there are plenty of hobbies that can cost way more than an 800k CC but if thats what someone wants and can afford then go for it! We all want to be ballers but I have a dam good time driving around with my wife and kids in small 21' boats in parker and thats all that matters

Norm

Reaction score
Beismeyer made a 20' center council which was the predisesor to the Magic 23' and made in the same building with the same crew. We had plans to have a center council version of the 23' and for the new 43, but neither were developed after the sale (5-87). There is one 43' bottom that was abandoned in a field in Missouri, but a local scrap guy has it and doesn't want to let it go. If I ever get my hands on it, you will see outboard rigged center council. I understand the molds have been destroyed.

gqchris

Reaction score
We all want to be ballers but I have a dam good time driving around with my wife and kids in small 21' boats in parker and thats all that matters
I am confused Sir, you stated that your family has a CC and you pile in 15 people earlier, and now you say you are one of the peeons like the rest of us poor folk on our 21's?:) Are you straddling both sides here. We dont allow that on RDP😂

gqchris

Reaction score

Plenty of hobbyists in sports cars, airplanes, horses (this makes boats look cheap), scale trains, big game hunting etc. All of the above can get deep into 7 figures for “fun” lol. And can just be me myself and I 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yup, it sure is.

thats-my-dream-car-id-love-to-have-a-helicopter-40686638-png.655806

hallett21

Reaction score
I am confused Sir, you stated that your family has a CC and you pile in 15 people earlier, and now you say you are one of the peeons like the rest of us poor folk on our 21's?:) Are you straddling both sides here. We dont allow that on RDP😂

He’s going ultra RDP and differentiating between who’s names on the title of what.

Guy probably buys his lunch with cash too. 🤣😉

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Just because someone’s family can buy something doesn’t mean individuals in the family could afford it on their own.

JLG614

Reaction score
He’s going ultra RDP and differentiating between who’s names on the title of what.

Guy probably buys his lunch with cash too. 🤣😉
Just because someone’s family can buy something doesn’t mean individuals in the family could afford it on their own.

lol Thank you Tom. My Family and my wifes family are both wealthy. They have more toys than I could ever dream of having. I am absolutely not a baller by any means and could not afford what they have. Do I get to enjoy my families toys when they let me come along, of course. But when I have my own toys they are hardly ever anything to brag about but I have just as much fun riding or driving them as I do when I'm in my families toys. I'm an average joe just trying to build a small business and buy cool shit. Watching the ballers with there stuff just makes me want to work harder. I'm not envious of them or think they don't belong on the lake just because I'm in a smaller boat cruising with my family. Lifes too short to waste it being pissed off about everyone else. And most of the time if you pull up next to these ballers and ask them about their boats they are typically super nice and appreciate that you think what they have is cool

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
lol Thank you Tom. My Family and my wifes family are both wealthy. They have more toys than I could ever dream of having. I am absolutely not a baller by any means and could not afford what they have. Do I get to enjoy my families toys when they let me come along, of course. But when I have my own toys they are hardly ever anything to brag about but I have just as much fun riding or driving them as I do when I'm in my families toys. I'm not sure what all this high and mighty finger pointing and silver spoon is all about. I'm an average joe just trying to build a small business and buy cool shit. Watching the ballers with there stuff just makes me want to work harder. I'm not envious of them or think they don't belong on the lake just because I'm in a smaller boat cruising with my family. Lifes too short to waste it being pissed off about everyone else. And most of the time if you pull up next to these ballers and ask them about their boats they are typically super nice and appreciate that you think what they have is cool

Hope you took my post as joke and nothing personal 👍🏻

DWC

Reaction score

We’ve only had 3 boats. The first one was a Sport Nautique. It was the first and most fun I’ve ever had on the water. Part of it was the kids were younger but it was also way less stress all around. 😬.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Maybe 20-30 on any given weekend

Compared to 100’s of sub 100k

traquer

Reaction score
The problem with center consoles is unless you get into the $500k+ and 40'+ range, they're just pimped out ghey fishing boats without enough seating or amentities or anything that's "cool".. You need real money if you want a badass CC or else you'll get a boat like this:

CC-01553.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
As Havasu is pretty much a launch and take out daily place - and this boat has an 11ft beam. Pretty much the only way to use it in Havasu is to have a slip.

Looks neat though. Looking forward to seeing one on the water.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Hell, Id love to be guilty by association! 😂

I had a taste of that life at one point. It was an ex girlfriends family. Damn it was a good time while it lasted! Got to travel places I cant even pronounce now.

Tom you get to see it also. Hanging around wealthy people opens doors that were never even visible before.

Hence why I try to hang out with Dave any opportunity I can!

hallett21

Reaction score
The problem with center consoles is unless you get into the $500k+ and 40'+ range, they're just pimped out ghey fishing boats without enough seating or amentities or anything that's "cool".. You need real money if you want a badass CC or else you'll get a boat like this:

View attachment 1207886

I completely disagree.

Have you looked at concept boats?

Do you have a “river” boat you’d like to compare to?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Friday 3/10 - 3:45pm - All afternoon we been watching a guy fly his airplane up and down the river off the Landing. Flys right down almost at water level touch and goes. Perfect everytime and a beautiful perfect airplane painted Red & Yellow. Most likely that plane older than me (78). That guy has the ability and resources to own and enjoy that airplane no matter the cost. Lake Havasu City & Parker the rare places in this world people can be comfortable enjoying whatever they afford. Most have earned it. We should just enjoy what going on here everyday.

DWC

Reaction score
Friday 3/10 - 3:45pm - All afternoon we been watching a guy fly his airplane up and down the river off the Landing. Flys right down almost at water level touch and goes. Perfect everytime and a beautiful perfect airplane painted Red & Yellow. Most likely that plane older than me (78). That guy has the ability and resources to own and enjoy that airplane no matter the cost. Lake Havasu City & Parker the rare places in this world people can be comfortable enjoying whatever they afford. Most have earned it. We should just enjoy what going on here everyday.
Funny, i just posted in current situation. It’s a fire plane. He keeps doing laps. Drops down, picks up, and then makes the drop. Completely badass.

riverroyal

Reaction score
a 40' boat at 800k is not practical for me due to the fact that I cant afford it or even fathom being able to afford it. I think this is getting twisted. Is it practical for wealthy boats? well yeah.
Nobody said its not a cool boat, or a bad idea. Is it overkill for havasu? Yes IF YOU cant afford it. 1% can afford it, and will buy it. The other 99% with say, 'holy shit thats a huge boat, I cant even imagine.

If I get wealthy a 40 ft boat is practical. But it would not be on this lake, cause I'd be rich!!!

Huge balls jumping in the CC building world here in havasu. Labor is gonna be tough.

I have very limited knowledge of wraith. It only takes a few builds to get traction then the backlog. Hope they do it. Great for the city

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Funny, i just posted in current situation. It’s a fire plane. He keeps doing laps. Drops down, picks up, and then makes the drop. Completely badass.
👍

JLG614

Reaction score
I completely disagree.

Have you looked at concept boats?

Do you have a “river” boat you’d like to compare to?
Sunsation makes pretty cool CC that are under $500k. We actually saw a bitchin sunsation at pirates years ago and thats what got my dad hooked on the idea of having a center console before there were really any in havasu

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

View attachment 1207886
Pimped out ghey fishing boats? Really?? Have you ever seen a Freeman. They are CC state of the art fishing machines. They are not a Havasu boat. But, neither are other 40' CCs. Sure, run em in Havasu, then brag about their amazing ride. They better ride well in a lake, since they're built for the ocean. BTW - preferred seating for some offshore boats is now. . . . Bean Bag stuffed chairs, because they work.

PlanB

Reaction score
Yep, we were watching the same plane a few days ago do that for about an hour. Definitely a fire fighting plane.

Hammer

Reaction score
Holy fuck some of you guys like to piss in other peoples cheerios! Be happy for people with nice shit. Not all of them feed their kids with silver spoons….

You know what I think when I see 500k-1M+boat? Who is that and what do I have to do to get there one day….

Work hard and play harder! We only get one shot at life.

As far as the Wraith, hopefully it’s successful and we see a few on the water. The concept looks nice.

Norm

Reaction score
Conrad Hilton used to keep a 53' Hatteras on lake mead.

Tank

Reaction score
Holy fuck some of you guys like to piss in other peoples cheerios! Be happy for people with nice shit. Not all of them feed their kids with silver spoons….

You know what I think when I see 500k-1M+boat? Who is that and what do I have to do to get there one day….

Work hard and play harder! We only get one shot at life.

As far as the Wraith, hopefully it’s successful and we see a few on the water. The concept looks nice.
Post of the month!

Nicely put.

• " The purpose of our lives is to be happy." — Dalai Lama.