WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New havasu event in october

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how it turns out. Swoop isn't lacking for funding, so I'm sure it will be first class.

RD

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What is this event? A show and shine on the water?

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Whats the name of it. Maybe we are on the same projects.

It's called Summer Systems. They do a lot of bank work but also act as a general. It's pretty specialized work. It's a very nice nitch.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
It seems to me, on it's face to be taking the lessons of unpredictable Arizona weather seriously. Throw in successful business people and the large FB presence of River Whips, it seems to be "The Perfect Storm" :D

Also, if the problems some members here relayed are true, that would obviously draw participation away from the spring event

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought it was some kinda rock concert at the Nautical or something. Will be interesting to see if they make a push with a Poker Run etc.. It's right around Monster Bash time.

Travis and Summer did present Jim with an offer to purchase Desert Storm (I did as well), he ended up handing it off to his son Jimmy and Christina.

As for Desert Storm issues, all of the complaints this year were heard, and I have talked to Jimmy personally and they are doing their best to address them into next years event. Working on dates as we speak, and taking the Poker Run back to more of it's original and basic form. They'll keep the street fair / poker run and the shoot out I'm guessing, but all the rest of the stuff is going to probably go by the way side if I have to guess.

RD

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I thought it was some kinda rock concert at the Nautical or something. Will be interesting to see if they make a push with a Poker Run etc.. It's right around Monster Bash time.

Travis and Summer did present Jim with an offer to purchase Desert Storm (I did as well), he ended up handing it off to his son Jimmy and Christina.

As for Desert Storm issues, all of the complaints this year were heard, and I have talked to Jimmy personally and they are doing their best to address them into next years event. Working on dates as we speak, and taking the Poker Run back to more of it's original and basic form. They'll keep the street fair / poker run and the shoot out I'm guessing, but all the rest of the stuff is going to probably go by the way side if I have to guess.

RD

swoop_summer_febtest1.jpg

Rock Concert...noted. :D

Tank

Reaction score
"Rock the Dock" is kinda a common thing. Basically a bunch of boats and boaters dock their boats up and party on the docks, go eat, do a run earlier in the day, whatever. It mentions they are taking notes of the likes of the LOTO shootout. That's a big part of the shootout, getting everyone together after the event to party and hang. Key West is the same thing. People partying on the boats and docks down in front of the Conch Republic.

As for DS, I loved the days of the poker run where we'd do a lunch run to the springs the day before and then the poker run. Laid back, vibe, chill....simpler times I suppose.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Desert storm has never really worked for me. This is a much better time of the season

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looks like it's just another DCB Regatta............. View attachment 575279

I sure hope these docks can hold 15-20 people on them around these boats. I always remember if you get too many peeps on one side they start sinking.
I will drive by and check this thing out but not quite sure it sounds that fun standing around staring at these same boats we see every year at ds or on the lake any weekend.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming that the dock plan shown is correct, it looks like 17 DCBs, 5 Eliminators, 4 Skaters, 2 Nordics, and one each of Adrenaline, Advantage, Bahner, Orion, Premier (pontoon) and Spectra. Almost a DCB Regatta 2.0

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And one rdp Poon Toon. :D. I wonder if that last spot is taken?