New Home Build-North Texas

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
4F1CE839-854B-4CE4-A0E2-5E73B51C50AB.jpeg
Off we go

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Our closing date is June 29th. Ferguson has been pushing dates consistently as we got closer to the promised dates. Everything was supposed to be ready to install upon closing, which is no longer the case. The steam oven wasn't an issue, but not having the fridge/freezer is. We may have to buy a temporary one for now.

This isn't the builder's problem, minus not building the cabinets and cutting the counter correctly. Electrical is a toss-up. They would have seen the requirements in the spec sheet, but I'm guessing electrical was approved before they got the specs on the appliances. Not sure.
This.

I ordered my appliances a year in advance. Still waiting on dining room table

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Man, only 4 days out, and not much is going well...

Had our inspector out to check out the house, and he said it was a disaster and not ready for occupancy. No details yet, other than the lack of a gas meter still, but I'm hoping it's overblown since I fly out tomorrow night for my walkthrough on Friday.

Ferguson went out to inspect the cabinets, countertops, and electrical and found a ton of discrepancies. Cabinets not sized to specs, the countertop is not square for the induction cooktop, the fridge/freezer needed two outlets, not one, and the one outlet is in the wrong spot....

On top of that, we can't get in contact with our construction supervisor or the builder to rectify these things. Hopefully, we have a house to move into next week....😞
Sorry to hear of the multiple issues. At least you’ll be there today to make heads and tails of how significant the issues are and the builder’s timeline for remedy. I’d refuse to sign until all issues (except maybe paint touch up) are completed. Hard to do, I know. We went through a year of disruption getting issues fixed.

Good luck and hope somehow the issues are overblown.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Good luck!!!

I’m surprised they gave you a close date I would be nervous planning a move that far with that many moving pieces without knowing for sure.

My builder missed so many promised dates it’s almost comical. We finally moved in Tuesday after starting this deal 14 months ago. We are still waiting on punch list fix items but I couldn’t wait any more and if I have to fix it myself I will.

It feels Amazing when you are actually in so there is that bit of good news…lol

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good luck!!!

I’m surprised they gave you a close date I would be nervous planning a move that far with that many moving pieces without knowing for sure.

My builder missed so many promised dates it’s almost comical. We finally moved in Tuesday after starting this deal 14 months ago. We are still waiting on punch list fix items but I couldn’t wait any more and if I have to fix it myself I will.

It feels Amazing when you are actually in so there is that bit of good news…lol
Nervous is an understatement. There are A LOT of moving pieces. Too many.

The good news is the walkthrough went well today. Nothing major, all cosmetic. The master shower fixtures have been fixed, they already ran another circuit for the fridge/freezer, cut the cabinets to spec, and the counter will be fixed tomorrow. There were a few cosmetic issues, but it looked really good to me. Only weird thing I’ll ask about is a fixture bein off center.

Tomorrow we say our goodbyes, and Sunday we are on our way!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
11D17418-4E28-40F5-8FC7-FC48A72268ED.jpeg

I wonder if @wash11 lives around here

Unfortunately there was a fatal wreck on the 40E 30 mins before we got to Flagstaff so we had to re-route 2 hours through Prescott. Shut down the whole highway so it had to be bad. RIP.

0018C5BF-4F85-448B-9408-03A724C5BD35.jpeg

Pups are happy to be out of their kennels

70EA43DE-DC1E-4C71-91C2-DA22775E7D97.jpeg

wash11

Reaction score

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Today’s accommodations. I rented a container house in Amarillo.
F3164D99-8ECD-43CF-AD76-628AA8277770.jpeg

F4102E1D-0FEF-49A9-B288-70DF9C152559.jpeg

Pretty cool little set up. There are several of these on the property along with several RV spots. I’m guessing the owner lives on the adjacent lot.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Did you make it and get the keys?

I think you posted that the pods arrive today. Will feel good to unload!
We did make it, and we got the keys! It was a cluster of a day yesterday.

We received the wire instructions on the way to Amarillo, the day before closing, sent everything out, and when we went to sit down to sign, a lady came out and said BofA had sent an ACH instead of a wire. “She also told us BofA has a history of doing this.” We were back and forth between the title company and the bank the majority of the day with the dogs trying to get the bank to refund the ACH so we could send the wire. No dice, it was in limbo. I went to our friend’s house to work on the audit as the bank deadline was yesterday as well. Double the stress.

Eventually we got the inlaws to float us the cash as even my short term investments would take two days to settle. Once that was done the title company needed the affidavit signed by the inlaws so we had to chase that for a bit.

In the end we missed our internet install, filed the audit on time, and got into the house at 7:30 instead of 12ish. Needless to say, at the end of the day we weren’t loving the move haha.

Pods just landed 30 mins ago, but the movers pushed from Fri to Sat. I’ll unload some of the lighter stuff, but keep the heavy stuff for the paid help.

Ps. There are a crap ton of bugs when you have a new build. Thank god my wife had the foresight to get the exterminator out BEFORE we got the keys. Never seen so many bugs in my life. If I were to do it again I would have had him come 3 months before the build finished and every month after until we closed.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Bummer about money transfer fiasco. You’d think BofA would know a wire transfer is needed for closing on a home loan. Good thing your in-laws were able to come through in the clutch. Always some last minute fire drills. At least you’re in and the dust is settling from all that.

You had to finish some work for your job while doing this as well? Yikes!

Once you get your stuff unloaded and start unpacking Saturday the painful process will start to fade away.

We have Orkin. Started them right after close date (a month before we actually moved). They do mosquito spray monthly as well from ~April to October. Bugs aren’t too bad. Bunnies are our biggest nuisance (eating plants and digging holes for nests). Wasps too. Ton of wolf spiders, but I’m ok with that. Once your neighborhood is built out and neighbors join in the pest control program, bugs should be under control, even by Texas standards.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Nice to see ya made it!

We drove by Wed afternoon, looked like a glass/mirror guy was in there.

If ya need anything at all reach out! Were just up the road a few mins..

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Nice to see ya made it!

We drove by Wed afternoon, looked like a glass/mirror guy was in there.

If ya need anything at all reach out! Were just up the road a few mins..
Appreciate it! Possibly the internet guy that we missed while going through the wire transfer fiasco.

We used Holy Grail movers to unload the pods today. Man, that was a great choice, lol. It's hot and a bit humid today. Now it's time to unpack and start buying all new furniture.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Ps. There are a crap ton of bugs when you have a new build. Thank god my wife had the foresight to get the exterminator out BEFORE we got the keys. Never seen so many bugs in my life. If I were to do it again I would have had him come 3 months before the build finished and every month after until we closed.
Give it a couple weeks, you'll be visited by the At&t door knockers, the Moxie pest knockers, the solar knockers, the smart home knockers etc etc lol. We had a metric ton of bugs when we moved into the house in NB once it was completed. Glad you made it and into the house.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
We did make it, and we got the keys! It was a cluster of a day yesterday.

We received the wire instructions on the way to Amarillo, the day before closing, sent everything out, and when we went to sit down to sign, a lady came out and said BofA had sent an ACH instead of a wire. “She also told us BofA has a history of doing this.” We were back and forth between the title company and the bank the majority of the day with the dogs trying to get the bank to refund the ACH so we could send the wire. No dice, it was in limbo. I went to our friend’s house to work on the audit as the bank deadline was yesterday as well. Double the stress.

Eventually we got the inlaws to float us the cash as even my short term investments would take two days to settle. Once that was done the title company needed the affidavit signed by the inlaws so we had to chase that for a bit.

In the end we missed our internet install, filed the audit on time, and got into the house at 7:30 instead of 12ish. Needless to say, at the end of the day we weren’t loving the move haha.

Pods just landed 30 mins ago, but the movers pushed from Fri to Sat. I’ll unload some of the lighter stuff, but keep the heavy stuff for the paid help.

Sounds like a mess. For what it’s worth, I have had Wells Fargo forever and when we closed on our construction loan in March I was able to make the wire transfer to the title company from my phone app. No fuss, no muss.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Sounds like a mess. For what it’s worth, I have had Wells Fargo forever and when we closed on our construction loan in March I was able to make the wire transfer to the title company from my phone app. No fuss, no muss.
Yah, we had no issues with Ally and Chase. Needless to say, my wife will be moving on from BofA.

Today we had the blinds guy out to go over the shutter and blind options. I think we'll be going with woven shades for the majority of the house with the exception of shutters in the front windows for aesthetics. Motorized in the bedroom, and everything else will have the pully on the side. Not sure what he called it, but it's not the normal hanging rope.