New Home Build-North Texas

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
4F1CE839-854B-4CE4-A0E2-5E73B51C50AB.jpeg
Off we go

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Our closing date is June 29th. Ferguson has been pushing dates consistently as we got closer to the promised dates. Everything was supposed to be ready to install upon closing, which is no longer the case. The steam oven wasn't an issue, but not having the fridge/freezer is. We may have to buy a temporary one for now.

This isn't the builder's problem, minus not building the cabinets and cutting the counter correctly. Electrical is a toss-up. They would have seen the requirements in the spec sheet, but I'm guessing electrical was approved before they got the specs on the appliances. Not sure.
This.

I ordered my appliances a year in advance. Still waiting on dining room table

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Man, only 4 days out, and not much is going well...

Had our inspector out to check out the house, and he said it was a disaster and not ready for occupancy. No details yet, other than the lack of a gas meter still, but I'm hoping it's overblown since I fly out tomorrow night for my walkthrough on Friday.

Ferguson went out to inspect the cabinets, countertops, and electrical and found a ton of discrepancies. Cabinets not sized to specs, the countertop is not square for the induction cooktop, the fridge/freezer needed two outlets, not one, and the one outlet is in the wrong spot....

On top of that, we can't get in contact with our construction supervisor or the builder to rectify these things. Hopefully, we have a house to move into next week....😞
Sorry to hear of the multiple issues. At least you’ll be there today to make heads and tails of how significant the issues are and the builder’s timeline for remedy. I’d refuse to sign until all issues (except maybe paint touch up) are completed. Hard to do, I know. We went through a year of disruption getting issues fixed.

Good luck and hope somehow the issues are overblown.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Good luck!!!

I’m surprised they gave you a close date I would be nervous planning a move that far with that many moving pieces without knowing for sure.

My builder missed so many promised dates it’s almost comical. We finally moved in Tuesday after starting this deal 14 months ago. We are still waiting on punch list fix items but I couldn’t wait any more and if I have to fix it myself I will.

It feels Amazing when you are actually in so there is that bit of good news…lol

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good luck!!!

I’m surprised they gave you a close date I would be nervous planning a move that far with that many moving pieces without knowing for sure.

My builder missed so many promised dates it’s almost comical. We finally moved in Tuesday after starting this deal 14 months ago. We are still waiting on punch list fix items but I couldn’t wait any more and if I have to fix it myself I will.

It feels Amazing when you are actually in so there is that bit of good news…lol
Nervous is an understatement. There are A LOT of moving pieces. Too many.

The good news is the walkthrough went well today. Nothing major, all cosmetic. The master shower fixtures have been fixed, they already ran another circuit for the fridge/freezer, cut the cabinets to spec, and the counter will be fixed tomorrow. There were a few cosmetic issues, but it looked really good to me. Only weird thing I’ll ask about is a fixture bein off center.

Tomorrow we say our goodbyes, and Sunday we are on our way!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
11D17418-4E28-40F5-8FC7-FC48A72268ED.jpeg

I wonder if @wash11 lives around here

Unfortunately there was a fatal wreck on the 40E 30 mins before we got to Flagstaff so we had to re-route 2 hours through Prescott. Shut down the whole highway so it had to be bad. RIP.

0018C5BF-4F85-448B-9408-03A724C5BD35.jpeg

Pups are happy to be out of their kennels

70EA43DE-DC1E-4C71-91C2-DA22775E7D97.jpeg

wash11

Reaction score

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Today’s accommodations. I rented a container house in Amarillo.
F3164D99-8ECD-43CF-AD76-628AA8277770.jpeg

F4102E1D-0FEF-49A9-B288-70DF9C152559.jpeg

Pretty cool little set up. There are several of these on the property along with several RV spots. I’m guessing the owner lives on the adjacent lot.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Did you make it and get the keys?

I think you posted that the pods arrive today. Will feel good to unload!
We did make it, and we got the keys! It was a cluster of a day yesterday.

We received the wire instructions on the way to Amarillo, the day before closing, sent everything out, and when we went to sit down to sign, a lady came out and said BofA had sent an ACH instead of a wire. “She also told us BofA has a history of doing this.” We were back and forth between the title company and the bank the majority of the day with the dogs trying to get the bank to refund the ACH so we could send the wire. No dice, it was in limbo. I went to our friend’s house to work on the audit as the bank deadline was yesterday as well. Double the stress.

Eventually we got the inlaws to float us the cash as even my short term investments would take two days to settle. Once that was done the title company needed the affidavit signed by the inlaws so we had to chase that for a bit.

In the end we missed our internet install, filed the audit on time, and got into the house at 7:30 instead of 12ish. Needless to say, at the end of the day we weren’t loving the move haha.

Pods just landed 30 mins ago, but the movers pushed from Fri to Sat. I’ll unload some of the lighter stuff, but keep the heavy stuff for the paid help.

Ps. There are a crap ton of bugs when you have a new build. Thank god my wife had the foresight to get the exterminator out BEFORE we got the keys. Never seen so many bugs in my life. If I were to do it again I would have had him come 3 months before the build finished and every month after until we closed.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Bummer about money transfer fiasco. You’d think BofA would know a wire transfer is needed for closing on a home loan. Good thing your in-laws were able to come through in the clutch. Always some last minute fire drills. At least you’re in and the dust is settling from all that.

You had to finish some work for your job while doing this as well? Yikes!

Once you get your stuff unloaded and start unpacking Saturday the painful process will start to fade away.

We have Orkin. Started them right after close date (a month before we actually moved). They do mosquito spray monthly as well from ~April to October. Bugs aren’t too bad. Bunnies are our biggest nuisance (eating plants and digging holes for nests). Wasps too. Ton of wolf spiders, but I’m ok with that. Once your neighborhood is built out and neighbors join in the pest control program, bugs should be under control, even by Texas standards.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Nice to see ya made it!

We drove by Wed afternoon, looked like a glass/mirror guy was in there.

If ya need anything at all reach out! Were just up the road a few mins..

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Nice to see ya made it!

We drove by Wed afternoon, looked like a glass/mirror guy was in there.

If ya need anything at all reach out! Were just up the road a few mins..
Appreciate it! Possibly the internet guy that we missed while going through the wire transfer fiasco.

We used Holy Grail movers to unload the pods today. Man, that was a great choice, lol. It's hot and a bit humid today. Now it's time to unpack and start buying all new furniture.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Ps. There are a crap ton of bugs when you have a new build. Thank god my wife had the foresight to get the exterminator out BEFORE we got the keys. Never seen so many bugs in my life. If I were to do it again I would have had him come 3 months before the build finished and every month after until we closed.
Give it a couple weeks, you'll be visited by the At&t door knockers, the Moxie pest knockers, the solar knockers, the smart home knockers etc etc lol. We had a metric ton of bugs when we moved into the house in NB once it was completed. Glad you made it and into the house.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
We did make it, and we got the keys! It was a cluster of a day yesterday.

We received the wire instructions on the way to Amarillo, the day before closing, sent everything out, and when we went to sit down to sign, a lady came out and said BofA had sent an ACH instead of a wire. “She also told us BofA has a history of doing this.” We were back and forth between the title company and the bank the majority of the day with the dogs trying to get the bank to refund the ACH so we could send the wire. No dice, it was in limbo. I went to our friend’s house to work on the audit as the bank deadline was yesterday as well. Double the stress.

Eventually we got the inlaws to float us the cash as even my short term investments would take two days to settle. Once that was done the title company needed the affidavit signed by the inlaws so we had to chase that for a bit.

In the end we missed our internet install, filed the audit on time, and got into the house at 7:30 instead of 12ish. Needless to say, at the end of the day we weren’t loving the move haha.

Pods just landed 30 mins ago, but the movers pushed from Fri to Sat. I’ll unload some of the lighter stuff, but keep the heavy stuff for the paid help.

Sounds like a mess. For what it’s worth, I have had Wells Fargo forever and when we closed on our construction loan in March I was able to make the wire transfer to the title company from my phone app. No fuss, no muss.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Sounds like a mess. For what it’s worth, I have had Wells Fargo forever and when we closed on our construction loan in March I was able to make the wire transfer to the title company from my phone app. No fuss, no muss.
Yah, we had no issues with Ally and Chase. Needless to say, my wife will be moving on from BofA.

Today we had the blinds guy out to go over the shutter and blind options. I think we'll be going with woven shades for the majority of the house with the exception of shutters in the front windows for aesthetics. Motorized in the bedroom, and everything else will have the pully on the side. Not sure what he called it, but it's not the normal hanging rope.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We’ve got a couple of the appliances in, but are still missing the fridge, freezer, and steam oven.

So far I really like the induction cooktop and monogram oven. They fit in well the aesthetic, are easy to clean, and having the oven connected to our phones has been pretty cool.

CD45B02E-EDB5-4833-A6C6-43E23E788E7E.jpeg
4FBB03DD-1B40-4CBF-98EB-6FEE69BCD9D1.jpeg

The washer and dryer have been a good buy as well. Again, connected to the phone to tell you when stuff is dry or done washing and the large auto fill is really nice. Handled my oversized king comforter the other day, so I’m happy. I’m sure the blue will get scratched and look like crap in less than a year, but oh well.

I will need to move the freezer back to the garage. The laungry room isn’t big enough for it and a dog feeding station. I’d also like to get a countertop in there to fold clothes and a rod to hang stuff.
C5A453F3-C658-4CAB-A28A-1A90A4C33394.jpeg

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
New build growing pains continue.

My neighbor and I received our first water bills. $800+ for him and $640 for me. Sprinkler heads all look good, so the builder is sending the plumbers and irrigation guys out today.

I'm getting to know the plumber as one guy was out last week when all the toilets wouldn't flush. "It's only me, and I haven't used all of them yet, so I know it's something else." The first plumber said it was a main blockage at the corner of our driveway. A few days later a crew came out and dug a giant hole in the parkway, but did not need to destroy the driveway, thankfully. The second plumber comes out runs his camera and said there isn't a main blockage, and it's probably grout from the tile guys that cleared itself. All toilets are working fine now, but not finding a definitive answer has me thinking this may come back. A crew comes out a day later and fills in the hole. All parkway lines are cut, and the sod is destroyed, so I told the builder to come fix it.

I'm working this morning and hear a concrete saw. I thought it was the new build next door, but after a while, I walk outside, and a guy is cutting out the corner of my driveway. Zero reasons to do that since the plumber dug under the driveway without destroying the driveway. Now they've got to cut it out and repour...

The good news is the bug issue is diminishing. Fewer and fewer bugs each week.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
having the oven connected to our phones has been pretty cool.

Again, connected to the phone to tell you when stuff is dry or done washing
I remember saying "what the hell do I need a camera on my PHONE for?"

v6toy4x

Reaction score
New build growing pains continue.

My neighbor and I received our first water bills. $800+ for him and $640 for me. Sprinkler heads all look good, so the builder is sending the plumbers and irrigation guys out today.

I'm getting to know the plumber as one guy was out last week when all the toilets wouldn't flush. "It's only me, and I haven't used all of them yet, so I know it's something else." The first plumber said it was a main blockage at the corner of our driveway. A few days later a crew came out and dug a giant hole in the parkway, but did not need to destroy the driveway, thankfully. The second plumber comes out runs his camera and said there isn't a main blockage, and it's probably grout from the tile guys that cleared itself. All toilets are working fine now, but not finding a definitive answer has me thinking this may come back. A crew comes out a day later and fills in the hole. All parkway lines are cut, and the sod is destroyed, so I told the builder to come fix it.

I'm working this morning and hear a concrete saw. I thought it was the new build next door, but after a while, I walk outside, and a guy is cutting out the corner of my driveway. Zero reasons to do that since the plumber dug under the driveway without destroying the driveway. Now they've got to cut it out and repour...

The good news is the bug issue is diminishing. Fewer and fewer bugs each week.

You're on the "home" stretch, before you know it this stuff will be a distant memory, congrats and enjoy!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I remember saying "what the hell do I need a camera on my PHONE for?"
Haha I was the last person in my group of friends to get a smartphone. Always said I don't need that crap, I have a laptop at home for internet and a phone to make calls. How quickly things change.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Well if it helps any, Flurry's Market in Flower Mound currently has prime brisket on sale for 2.99lb.. Might help ease some of the headaches!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Well if it helps any, Flurry's Market in Flower Mound currently has prime brisket on sale for 2.99lb.. Might help ease some of the headaches!
Haha damn it! I just bought a 15 pounder from Costco. Think it was like $75. I’ll have to check out Flurrys.

On the plus side, 2 days of rain and mini thunderstorms. Freaking love it. I’ve been waiting for this for a month and a half!

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
How has the rest of the move in gone? Hoping things have settled down and that you’re enjoying Texas and your new home! Anymore pics?

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
How has the rest of the move in gone? Hoping things have settled down and that you’re enjoying Texas and your new home! Anymore pics?

Haha we are moving at a snail's pace for sure, but that should have been expected when we sold darn near everything to get over here.

I do have some good news, though!

• The weather is cooling down
  • We finally got a good amount of rain
  • It looks like the plumber found and fixed the leak as my water bill dropped significantly
  • They fixed my driveway and the irrigation in the front
  • I went to the Texas equivalent of the DMV, and it was freaking awesome. People were nice, and there was zero line
  • I haven't seen many mosquitos

On the bad side
  • Blinds were ordered a month ago with no ETA
    • I'm guessing the woven shades will be here before the shutters. Massive lead times there
  • Fridge and Freezer columns have been pushed out again. We are now sitting at an October install date
    • We've escalated several levels at Ferguson and now have a temp fridge/freezer coming this week
  • Steam oven has now been pushed to Feb 2023
  • We ordered our couch about a month ago, so we still have 2-4 weeks until that comes
  • Ordered the guest bed and a few other pieces of furniture from Nebraska Furniture Mart last week or the week before. I think those are in stock, so they should be here soon, hopefully.
Honestly, now that I think about it, we've only received my desk from Uplift, which was really quick, and 4 stools from Wayfair. lol I did get the TV mounted over the fireplace so I can watch some TV on the stools.

• We found a scorpion in the house by our bed, which led to a special treatment by the pest guys. $500
    • During the inspection, the pest guy found baseball-sized holes above the brick and under the eaves/gutters. Just lazy work. Extremely easy access to the attic for birds, scorpions, spiders, mice, pretty much anything
    • 1BB14FEA-47BD-4BDC-A82E-0AE58D29E0ED.jpeg

• There are large gaps between the facia boards and the brick, which need silicone to seal out any of the bugs
    • They found about 20-30 dry wood termites in the garage

Needless to say, we are going back to the builder for all of this. Especially for the termites. Hopefully, they don't fight us, as all of this is BS on a house that is 2 months old as of today. All of my neighbors say I'm being too nice as I've always been told you catch more bees with honey than vinegar, but damn....

• Another big issue is I walked into my garage after the rains, and there was a puddle of water. The builder got a roofer out there 2-3 days later, and he ripped apart the roof and put up temporary flashing. He said the builder's roofer did a shit job, and they'd have to come back and put the correct flashing up. While looking at the other issues with the pest guy, I noticed the builder forgot to put flashing in a spot on the roof. LOL. It's honestly a comedy of errors.
  • A99DAB02-1509-45B4-ABA0-842527A2271A.jpeg

• There are smaller things like doors not closing correctly, correct shower doors needing to be installed, cleaning of paint all over floor tiles, not installing the correct glass on one of the upper cabinets, incorrectly wiring the coach lights on the house, installing dead sod in the back yard, baseboards cracking throughout the house, the garage doors need to be replaced as they damaged them during construction, etc. etc. etc.

Are we enjoying Texas? Honestly, not really, but we are trying to stay positive. It's still early, and my favorite season in TX is coming, so that will help a lot. I thought building a house would circumvent a lot of the BS, but that hasn't been the case with us. After all of the issues we've had, we've been considering moving to a more urban area like Southlake, which is where we go 99% of the time on the weekends, or saying TX doesn't want us here, and moving back to CA. The good news is we had our realtor over, and we've appreciated about $300k since our build started in Q3 2021.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Are we enjoying Texas? Honestly, not really, but we are trying to stay positive. It's still early, and my favorite season in TX is coming, so that will help a lot. I thought building a house would circumvent a lot of the BS, but that hasn't been the case with us. After all of the issues we've had, we've been considering moving to a more urban area like Southlake, which is where we go 99% of the time on the weekends, or saying TX doesn't want us here, and moving back to CA. The good news is we had our realtor over, and we've appreciated about $300k since our build started in Q3 2021.

That last paragraph is terrifying. That bad huh? Damn. I hope it gets better.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
That last paragraph is terrifying. That bad huh? Damn. I hope it gets better.
Haha it can always be much, much worse. In the grand scheme of things, this is all B.S. My wife and I have our jobs, we have money, we live in a nice house with a few issues, and most importantly, we have our health. The stuff above is just death by a thousand cuts.

The thing I've quickly learned about TX is it's very easy to offset the decreased housing costs with lifestyle creep. For a person with low 6-figure income, I think state taxes are already offset by stupid high prop tax in some areas, and getting worse as housing explodes. Could I afford this house in Irvine? Hell no. Do I need a house like this with the two of us and two dogs? Again, hell no.

It's hard to compare apples to apples, but just straight money out of pocket, I'm paying more for electricity, water, sewer, and gas out here. As more people move out here, services are more. I'm paying more for personal training for my wife, more for lawn care, HOA fees are more, my house cleaners are more, etc. I honestly haven't found much out here that's noticeably cheaper other than my registration. The answer may be a move to a smaller place with less maintenance and more going on before we tuck tail and head for better weather and more homeless. :) Quite a few people have told us Argyle is the next Southlake, but we'll be waiting 5-10 years before anything substantial pops up. We'll see.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It's hard to compare apples to apples, but just straight money out of pocket, I'm paying more for electricity, water, sewer, and gas out here. As more people move out here, services are more. I'm paying more for personal training for my wife, more for lawn care, HOA fees are more, my house cleaners are more, etc. I honestly haven't found much out here that's noticeably cheaper other than my registration. The answer may be a move to a smaller place with less maintenance and more going on before we tuck tail and head for better weather and more homeless. :) Quite a few people have told us Argyle is the next Southlake, but we'll be waiting 5-10 years before anything substantial pops up. We'll see.
While I did love Texas, I would never move back there... My daily costs are less in AZ, and I think we have a better quality of life. I also went back corporate vs independent and career wise it's been the best thing I could have done. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It is different for every situation, some will love it, some will regret it etc. @Xtrmwakeboarder you need to be on the builder like white on rice...there are NO contractor licensing requirements outside of plumbing, electrical and some specialties....if you aren't very vocal and on top of it you will not get the remedy you desire.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
While I did love Texas, I would never move back there... My daily costs are less in AZ, and I think we have a better quality of life. I also went back corporate vs independent and career wise it's been the best thing I could have done. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. It is different for every situation, some will love it, some will regret it etc. @Xtrmwakeboarder you need to be on the builder like white on rice...there are NO contractor licensing requirements outside of plumbing, electrical and some specialties....if you aren't very vocal and on top of it you will not get the remedy you desire.
I remember you speaking a little bit about that. It was perplexing at first, but I get it. It’s definitely going to differ on a case by case basis. Our friends are miles ahead of their life in Irvine, but they have 3 kids, much lower incomes, and bought a house that was well under half what we paid. It’s an adventure for us, maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. That’s life. I refuse to stay stagnant.

We are documenting everything and constantly following up. If shit goes sideways we’ll have to lawyer up.

Again, it could always be worse. During this post, I got a call that my best bud just got a notification that his pops is gone. Out of nowhere. Basically my second dad growing up.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I remember you speaking a little bit about that. It was perplexing at first, but I get it. It’s definitely going to differ on a case by case basis. Our friends are miles ahead of their life in Irvine, but they have 3 kids, much lower incomes, and bought a house that was well under half what we paid. It’s an adventure for us, maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. That’s life. I refuse to stay stagnant.

We are documenting everything and constantly following up. If shit goes sideways we’ll have to lawyer up.

Again, it could always be worse. During this post, I got a call that my best bud just got a notification that his pops is gone. Out of nowhere. Basically my second dad growing up.
Sorry for your loss man, not much more I can say.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Wow, that’s a lot to be working through, sorry to hear! I’m sure things will improve but it would be nice if the builder would step up and fix things without you having to play hardball with him. And your insight on increased expenses has been a concern of mine as well. We won’t be moving into our place for another 6-7 weeks but I have a feeling the increase you’re seeing will be the same story for us. We are moving to TX to be close to family and I was hoping a little less cost of living, we shall see…. Hang in there!

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
Dang man, hate to hear all those issues with the house.
If you need contractors let me know, have a good list of guys from concrete to roofers, glass, and granite. Even general handymen that do it by the job or by the day. As for appliances cant really help ya there. Not sure who your electric is thru, but if not Coserv shop it around. If Argyle water, they are pricey, were with Northlake water and they had an increase not long ago so water went up Coserv has about doubled from 2 years ago in watt fees. Elec bill was 87.00 more using 100kw less than the same time last year with a weak air conditioner.

Southlake is great except for Tarrant county taxes.

But on Sept 10th we're going to Chop Shop Roanoke for Live 80s band and drinks come on!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Dang man, hate to hear all those issues with the house.
If you need contractors let me know, have a good list of guys from concrete to roofers, glass, and granite. Even general handymen that do it by the job or by the day. As for appliances cant really help ya there. Not sure who your electric is thru, but if not Coserv shop it around. If Argyle water, they are pricey, were with Northlake water and they had an increase not long ago so water went up Coserv has about doubled from 2 years ago in watt fees. Elec bill was 87.00 more using 100kw less than the same time last year with a weak air conditioner.

Southlake is great except for Tarrant county taxes.

But on Sept 10th we're going to Chop Shop Roanoke for Live 80s band and drinks come on!

It's all good. It'll pass. I may need a painter for my media room if you have a good number.

Just checked out The Chop Shop. Cool place! It's looks like 9/10 is disco though...

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good news today.

1 new garage door installed and ready to be painted. They still need to fix the other one from an excessive force error we get consistently. Possibly an adjustment issue or another new garage door…

New sod in the dead patches front and back

Roofers came out and fixed the roof flashing. Hopefully no more leaking. While up there they said the attic had dried out, so that’s good. Now the drywall guy just needs to repair the drywall in the garage.

Knocking things down!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Some good stuff this week. Garage door has been painted, termite guy is scheduled to check out the place tomorrow, grass is coming in nicely, and all of our blinds/ shutters are being installed next week.

We also received some furniture pieces. :)

This weekend I have my buddy coming out to help install 1/4” galvanized hardware cloth on the back fence that overlooks the green belt. It’s baby copperhead season, and that’s the last thing I need to deal with.

Bugs are still an issue, and now that it’s cooling down we finally have mosquitos. I’m trying Tougher than Tom TNT in the back yard which is supposed to cover and acre and got some Onslaught and a backpack sprayer to do my own pest control on top of our monthly service.

Last edited:

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Some good stuff this week. Garage door has been painted, termite guy is scheduled to check out the place tomorrow, grass is coming in nicely, and all of our blinds/ shutters are being installed next week.

We also received some furniture pieces. :)

This weekend I have my buddy coming out to help install 1/4” galvanized hardware cloth on the back fence that overlooks the green belt. It’s baby copperhead season, and that’s the last thing I need to deal with.

Bugs are still an issue, and now that it’s cooling down we finally have mosquitos. I’m trying Tougher than Tom
Hang in there, this will make for some fun reflection in a few years!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Two steps forward, one step back. Another scorpion in the house tonight while getting ready for bed. Frustrating since we just spent a bunch of money on scorpion treatments after finding the last one next to the bed.

Wife is currently looking at exit strategies. Ugh

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Two steps forward, one step back. Another scorpion in the house tonight while getting ready for bed. Frustrating since we just spent a bunch of money on scorpion treatments after finding the last one next to the bed.

Wife is currently looking at exit strategies. Ugh
Bummer on the scorpions..but with new construction its to be expected. Found our first one in cave creek a couple weeks back. Right next to my porcelain throne. My wife flipped her shit over that. 2 days later we found this little fucker at the front door. I had actually never seen one before.

tempImagecT5RkE.jpg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Bummer on the scorpions..but with new construction its to be expected. Found our first one in cave creek a couple weeks back. Right next to my porcelain throne. My wife flipped her shit over that. 2 days later we found this little fucker at the front door. I had actually never seen one before.

View attachment 1153713
Yah, we aren’t thrilled. It’s still country around here, and while beautiful, facing the greenbelt with tons of trees and unkept land probably wasn’t a great idea.

Today I “scorpion proofed” the garage doors while the pest guy made his rounds again. Found two more dead ones in the garage, and another in the green belt while installing the snake fence on the green belt.

Not running back to Cali yet, but we are checking out a few smaller houses tomorrow. Even condos/townhomes closer to our friends in South Flower mound and more in the city to escape some of these bugs and snakes. I guess the block over had a copperhead in their yard this week. I’d lose it if I lost one of my dogs to one of those.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a lemon house? We’ve got another 3 leaks in this house already.

Is this normal? Do we have any recourse here? It’s constant, and I’m not the only one on the street with issues.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a lemon house? We’ve got another 3 leaks in this house already.

Is this normal? Do we have any recourse here? It’s constant, and I’m not the only one on the street with issues.
That sucks. We had 4 leaks in our house at different times for the first year. It must have been the roofers first time. Just kept the builder coming back for repairs.

Check to see if there is a class action suit going on against the builder.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Yes…you should have either a 1 year or 2 year period they have to fix stuff in TX. Third party inspections can help as well.

v6toy4x

Reaction score

Ahh man that sucks, having been in the trades for 42 years I most certainly agree pride in craftsmanship is non existent for the most part.

The house stuff will get fixed with a bit of the squeaky wheel, now them snakes, on the other hando_O I will stick with CA

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Yes…you should have either a 1 year or 2 year period they have to fix stuff in TX. Third party inspections can help as well.
They keep coming back. I'd say they've been back at LEAST 30 times since we moved in late June. We hired a third-party house inspector twice during the build...who knows what the house would have looked like if we didn't get him out here.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Ahh man that sucks, having been in the trades for 42 years I most certainly agree pride in craftsmanship is non existent for the most part.

The house stuff will get fixed with a bit of the squeaky wheel, now them snakes, on the other hando_O I will stick with CA
Haha no snakes yet, but 4 scorpions..... it's getting cold out so they'll be gone soon. Thank god