WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Home Build

jailbird141

Reaction score
Looks great. Seems like it didn't take long. 1 year from pour?
Just about one year. I broke ground for the foundation at the beginning of August 2020. All I am waiting on is my front and rear balcony railings and the stair railings. Armor Fence was pretty backed up. Had I known they were booked out so far I would've got them their even sooner. I have been told they are done, just waiting for the powder coating to match the front door.

ahavasu

Reaction score
Thanks! When I comes time, I may hit you up with questions. I have a friend that has done it twice on his own also. The money saved is crazy!
Yeah my estimates were 150 to 250 for pool and landscape. I did everything for 90K (including 15K sq ft grass/ shrubs/ mulch etc) and thats all top of the line stuff included, 40'/20' L x W, negative edge, those two trees mirroring the pool were 8500 on their own, etc etc. I foresee the only issue for you is that Havasu is a small place and getting a fair bid from subs loyal to local builders might be challenge. Steel and other materials are also high and as with anything nowadays Im sure there are shortages on electronics/equipment. PM me when you are ready I would be happy to share what I know.

Slink

Tennessee Living
Reaction score
Yeah my estimates were 150 to 250 for pool and landscape. I did everything for 90K (including 15K sq ft grass/ shrubs/ mulch etc) and thats all top of the line stuff included, 40'/20' L x W, negative edge, those two trees mirroring the pool were 8500 on their own, etc etc. I foresee the only issue for you is that Havasu is a small place and getting a fair bid from subs loyal to local builders might be challenge. Steel and other materials are also high and as with anything nowadays Im sure there are shortages on electronics/equipment. PM me when you are ready I would be happy to share what I know.
What were you in for just the pool ? I'll be doing something similar soon but in another state. Just want to see if when I get quotes if they are fair or not, but definitely want to do "Owner builder" it will just take time developing the contacts.
Thanks

ahavasu

Reaction score
What were you in for just the pool ? I'll be doing something similar soon but in another state. Just want to see if when I get quotes if they are fair or not, but definitely want to do "Owner builder" it will just take time developing the contacts.
Thanks
I just built the pool and had to redo all of the landscaping in back. Right around 90k so savings were 60 to 160 depending on the contractor bid (I tend to get high bids because of where I live, everyone thinks I'm rich and I'm not just a blue collar hard worker looking for a fair price) . Biggest thing is finding the contractors, not easy as it's like a secret society. Once you do that it's smooth sailing and the city will tell you when to call for inspections. The pool builders want to make you think it's rocket science, but at the end of the day it's straight up common sense and management. Let me know if you need anything I'm happy to share.

ahavasu

Reaction score
Thanks
Just reread the question, pool and equipment was pretty close to 60. Take into consideration negative edge and large pool 20x40. Typical backyard pool should be in the 30-40k range, but that also is dependant on your taste (tile etc) and the level of equipment you go with which adds up quick.

Mark G

Reaction score
Just about one year. I broke ground for the foundation at the beginning of August 2020. All I am waiting on is my front and rear balcony railings and the stair railings. Armor Fence was pretty backed up. Had I known they were booked out so far I would've got them their even sooner. I have been told they are done, just waiting for the powder coating to match the front door.
I recently asked three reputable LHC contractors about building me a home in Bullhead. They said nope, to busy!!

jailbird141

Reaction score
It has been a while since I posted but I am hoping I can get some decent recommendations for someone to do the epoxy on my garage floor. The concrete is about two years old. This was a new construction and I made an effort to not get any oil or chemical stains on the garage concrete since I knew I wanted it coated with expoxy. Can anyone recommend someone who does quality work? I do not want to do this myself. Let me be clear, I do not want to do this myself. I want a reputable company who offers a warranty to do the work. I have done expoxy on concrete and am well aware of the process but for various reasons, I cannot do this garage myself but would like to get it done sooner rather than later. It is the garage floor, approximately 1560sqft of two year old concrete with few to no stains or issues. I would like something simple, maybe a light gray with some flakes to break it up a bit. Please feel free to post companies you have dealt with or recommend as well as companies or person to avoid! You can PM me those names. I am ready to have this done when someone's schedule permits. I am not in a rush but want it done sooner than later so I can move stuff from my over priced storage spot, into my garage. Thanks in advance for any input!

Justfishing

Reaction score
That looks nice. Why did you settle on the blow-in insulation? Is it cheaper / better than fiberglass bats?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
batts suck. They are cheap for a reason. Batts are hard to do right and guys may be paid by the piece so they hurry. For insulation to be effective is needs 6 sides of contact. Have you ever seen pictures where the insulation isnt flush with the studs. working around wires, electrical boxes, odd shaped bays. All make it hard to do a good job.

Blown in fits around all the obstructions and is denser. It gives you a higher R value but not by much. Two of the biggest benefits in my opinion over batts is it will more likely be installed correctly and that it will do a better job controlling air movement through the insulation.

Does the OP know what they used for netting over the blown in. Is it vapor permeable?

Valentine78

Reaction score
It has been a while since I posted but I am hoping I can get some decent recommendations for someone to do the epoxy on my garage floor. The concrete is about two years old. This was a new construction and I made an effort to not get any oil or chemical stains on the garage concrete since I knew I wanted it coated with expoxy. Can anyone recommend someone who does quality work? I do not want to do this myself. Let me be clear, I do not want to do this myself. I want a reputable company who offers a warranty to do the work. I have done expoxy on concrete and am well aware of the process but for various reasons, I cannot do this garage myself but would like to get it done sooner rather than later. It is the garage floor, approximately 1560sqft of two year old concrete with few to no stains or issues. I would like something simple, maybe a light gray with some flakes to break it up a bit. Please feel free to post companies you have dealt with or recommend as well as companies or person to avoid! You can PM me those names. I am ready to have this done when someone's schedule permits. I am not in a rush but want it done sooner than later so I can move stuff from my over priced storage spot, into my garage. Thanks in advance for any input!
Have you Checked out Full Throttle Custom Spaces? I haven’t used them yet, but have talked to the owner a couple times. They have a small office/ showroom on McCulloch.

adam909

Reaction score
With the colors of your house and drive way (beautiful choices) a light tan or sand epoxy color might look great for the floor..

jailbird141

Reaction score
Have you Checked out Full Throttle Custom Spaces? I haven’t used them yet, but have talked to the owner a couple times. They have a small office/ showroom on McCulloch.
I haven't talked to anyone yet. I plan to reach out to Curb Appeal, Advanced Garage and Full Throttle Spaces.

96CarreraEclipse

Reaction score
Dialed In Epoxy Systems. Check them out on Instagram. Can do colors as well. Never seen better work