WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New iPhone 12

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Pre-order Friday. Who's getting one? It kind of has the shape of the 5 with the hard edges, which I feel makes it easier to grab. They also have an iPhone mini which is the smallest phone since the 5 for you guys with petite hands. ;)

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 11.48.01 AM.png

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Interesting because I still have an I phone 6S. Yes it’s old. But it always works. Much better as an actual phone than my wife’s 11. i need a new phone because this one is finally starting to do weird things.... just small stuff, but I figured my frugal ass got my money’s worth. I’ve heard lots of complaints of the 11. Maybe worth waiting a few months and getting this ??? I am certainly no expert.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Grads is trying to sell iPhones to drive up his (wife’s) retirement stock!

If your wife didn’t work for Apple you would probably be an Android guy since you enjoy going against the grain. lol!

El Rojo

Reaction score
My new iphone SE works fine and was under $400...whats the price tag on this the 12?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have the new SE, which was great for $400, but the mini sounds cool.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Interesting because I still have an I phone 6S. Yes it’s old. But it always works. Much better as an actual phone than my wife’s 11. i need a new phone because this one is finally starting to do weird things.... just small stuff, but I figured my frugal ass got my money’s worth. I’ve heard lots of complaints of the 11. Maybe worth waiting a few months and getting this ??? I am certainly no expert.

Get an iPhone SE. iPhone 11 performance, iPhone 8 case. Decent cameras, good screen, no issues at all, $400.

GRADS

Reaction score
Grads is trying to sell iPhones to drive up his (wife’s) retirement stock!

If your wife didn’t work for Apple you would probably be an Android guy since you enjoy going against the grain. lol!
Actually I was an iPhone fan way before she even worked there and the wife was an Android fan. She actually showed up to her first day of work at Apple with an Android.:eek:😂

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I actually could care less. I have a 6. As long as it makes calls, gets texts and I can surf the internet, thats all I need. And of course take random photos.

My wife just had to have the $1500 11 Max Pro X blah blah blah. She doesn't even utilize it capabilities. She does the same as me, just more random photos. I don't get it. I think people think of it as a status thing. But its a fucking cell phone. That's all.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
pre ordering mine Friday. It’s got lidar scanner on the pro....it only money. :p Use mine for work so need the better battery.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Get an iPhone SE. iPhone 11 performance, iPhone 8 case. Decent cameras, good screen, no issues at all, $400.

+1 . SE 2020 gets it done for ‘cheap’.

I don’t get the fuss or hype around 5G. Not necessary at my brown bagger level of phone usage.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I have an old Samsung S7 as my personal phone, its beat to shit, cracked on both sides, chunks of screen missing but still outperforms my Iphone 11pro that I use for work...

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I keep telling myself that I’m going back to a flip phone, so that my wife can’t keep track of me...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just remember that the 11 and SE are not 5G compatible.
Unless you are in what... 5 Metropolitan downtown districts 5G doesn't mean shit. The range is horrendous and from what I've read, it doesnt go through walls very well at all either so.... whats the point?

77charger

Reaction score
Im still on an older SE (5 version) im not really a fan of i pad sized phones i have a laptop for internet use at home.I had a motorola brick phone in the stay and when the 550 came out it was a relief to get a smaller phone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Gonna have to get it! Don’t know anything about it, but if you don’t got the latest you might as well be homeless. Lol

I’ll retire my 11 pro to playing Pandora in the garage.. j/k

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Unless you are in what... 5 Metropolitan downtown districts 5G doesn't mean shit. The range is horrendous and from what I've read, it doesnt go through walls very well at all either so.... whats the point?
A couple thousand feet from the antenna, and yes it doesn't go through obstructions very well.

A lot of the "5G" infrastructure we are seeing is actually filling in the 4G LTE coverage.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A couple thousand feet from the antenna, and yes it doesn't go through obstructions very well.

A lot of the "5G" infrastructure we are seeing is actually filling in the 4G LTE coverage.
Yeah, thats why I always laugh when I see the T-mobile commercials saying "Nationwide 5G".

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I like my 7 plus but it has issues so guess its time for a new one.
wish i could get it before key west but looks like i will have to wait until i get back

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Apple is taking "fuck you im Apple" to a whole new level.....

They just confirmed the 12 won't come with a charge block or cable! Nothing like spending $1,000 and getting jipped on $7 worth of shit that you need to use it. What a bunch of assholes

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I like my 7 plus but it has issues so guess its time for a new one.
wish i could get it before key west but looks like i will have to wait until i get back
Going to key west..... better to not have a phone/ camera to document any of the partying anyways. Lol.

RCDave

Reaction score

They just confirmed the 12 won't come with a charge block or cable! Nothing like spending $1,000 and getting jipped on $7 worth of shit that you need to use it. What a bunch of assholes

The Prisoner

Reaction score

If I read right it does come with cable. They are trying to save waste on the block because everyone has a lot already

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I still have an iPhone SE. iPhone 6s in an iPhone 5 frame

I still had mine up until April when the new one debuted. It was still working fine, the battery was starting to go though.

E4L

Reaction score
I’m gonna wait for lucky number 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score

Thank you?😂

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Bring back the brick.... the more time we spend staring at a cell the less time we have to live. Yup, daddies on the green today chillin

GRADS

Reaction score
The polished stainless steel edges on the Pro are pretty badass and more drop resistant than any other phone out there. I'm ordering the 12 Pro on Friday but I can't decide to go with blue or silver?

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 3.12.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 3.12.37 PM.png

GRADS

Reaction score
Gonna have to get it! Don’t know anything about it, but if you don’t got the latest you might as well be homeless. Lol

I’ll retire my 11 pro to playing Pandora in the garage.. j/k
I know you like things big after the watch deal, so my only question is when do you want me to place your order? 😂

11 vs. 12

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 3.11.28 PM.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The polished stainless steel edges on the Pro are pretty badass and more drop resistant than any other phone out there. I'm ordering the 12 Pro on Friday but I can't decide to go with blue or silver?

View attachment 931773

View attachment 931774

Lol here we go with more ceramic coating jargon :)

Do you get a family deal on apple hardware?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I always keep our tech up to date and sell the old stuff on CL/FB. Same with TV's, laptops, etc... I have the 11 pro 64 and the wife has the 11 pro max 128. ill be preordering the 12 pro and pro max for us, then sell our old ones... we pretty much just pay per month ($20-30 per), use the money from the old phones to pay for the sales tax and put the rest towards the balance of the new phones. 20-30/mo is peanuts for a tool you use 24-7.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
How much storage can you get the SE in?
I’ve use a 7 thats working on 4 years old, but have no desire to get mega 12 fancy shit.
Need 128 gigs at least.

The Prisoner

Reaction score

View attachment 931773

View attachment 931774
with my job I have a defender case so I don care if it’s pink or plaid. As long as I get one. And don’t get one that has bugs in it like the speaker is too low or something like that. looking at the pic I do like blue.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I'm waiting another year for the iPhone X3 (or whatever they name the 13 to avoid using the number).

5G in my opinion has not matured enough yet for me to jump on a phone really just for that, not to mention I do not live or work near any big cities that would have the good 5G for quite some time to come.

Also, I do like the camera improvements, but that's not enough to make me upgrade from the 10 I have now. i figure the cameras will be improved further by the next model as well so I'll get real 5G support and a better camera by then.

Also, I'm one of those who just stick the phone in a Lifeproof case so what it looks or feels like never weighs in. Just let me cover it in a case that keeps me from breaking it if I drop it (or get it wet which is huge with boating).

Reactions: TPC

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

View attachment 931773

View attachment 931774

"More drop resistant than any other phone out there"?

That's a pretty bold statement!

Maybe more than any other iPhone I guess🤷‍♂️

The Prisoner

Reaction score
What's not in the box
Apple will ship the iPhone 12 without headphones or a charging brick, a move aimed at cutting down on waste.
More than 2 billion Apple power adapters are out in the world, and many customers already have wired headphones or AirPods, vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives Lisa Jackson said.
"Removing these items also means a smaller, lighter iPhone box," Jackson said. "We can fit up to 70% more items on a shipping pallet," reducing shipping emissions.
The new iPhone also uses 100% recycled rare earth elements for all magnets, including in the camera and haptics.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Yes family and select friends. 😂

What's your Apple discount? $20?

Apple's idea of Educators Discount (ie the price you get for working for a school district) is a joke. It's like $50 off an iMac, etc. Their discount won't even cover paying the Apple Tax. I got the discount on my phone and it barely made a dent in the overall price of the phone + apple care. Maybe they could sweeten the deal and throw in AppleCare for free to Educators or some kind of real reward for being in the field. God knows Apple was making millions off school districts before chromebooks showed up and put the hurt on Apple sales.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
What's not in the box
Apple will ship the iPhone 12 without headphones or a charging brick, a move aimed at cutting down on waste.
More than 2 billion Apple power adapters are out in the world, and many customers already have wired headphones or AirPods, vice president of environment, policy and social initiatives Lisa Jackson said.
"Removing these items also means a smaller, lighter iPhone box," Jackson said. "We can fit up to 70% more items on a shipping pallet," reducing shipping emissions.
The new iPhone also uses 100% recycled rare earth elements for all magnets, including in the camera and haptics.

"Oh yea, we make alot more fucking money too"
- Apple

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I‘m still using a IPhone 5S cause I’ve been waiting for 5G way too long.
Look at this bad boy, cracked grill, guts exposed, frame and case beat to shit, but everything still works.
We joke that my 5S is Timex of smart phones, ”5S gives a ballin, but keeps on callin.”
Luckily my company phone is XR, and I have my personal calls auto-forwarded to company XR So it hasn’t been too bad. But now that 5G is out I’m ready to step up.
I’m pretty sure Grads already has top of line iPhone, so maybe Kate will hook me up, For some Caymus....:p
9C1FC955-B406-4FB0-9449-7061759BD17D.jpeg
934CA66C-0A38-4677-B71E-8059459E3FFC.jpeg

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Something interesting on the newer I phones that I really like is that they are waterproof by nature, you don't need a waterproof case anymore.

How waterproof you ask? Good question!
A friend lost prescription glasses off a dock here in the delta and called me because I scuba dive. Due to recent sinus surgery I couldn't do it but my sister could. While finding the glasses she found an 11 pro on the bottom at 13'. From the growth on the actual phone, it had been down for weeks or months. Just on a whim, I cleaned it up and stuck it on a charger..... Thing lit up and works fine. We have tried to get it back to its original owner but no luck yet. If we can't, my sister is using 7 and would love an upgrade.

pretty damm waterproof if you ask me.....

mbrown2

Reaction score
Something interesting on the newer I phones that I really like is that they are waterproof by nature, you don't need a waterproof case anymore.

A friend lost prescription glasses off a dock here in the delta and called me because I scuba dive. Due to recent sinus surgery I couldn't do it but my sister could. While finding the glasses she found an 11 pro on the bottom at 13'. From the growth on the actual phone, it had been down for weeks or months. Just on a whim, I cleaned it up and stuck it on a charger..... Thing lit up and works fine. We have tried to get it back to its original owner but no luck yet. If we can't, my sister is using 7 and would love an upgrade.

There is a green 11 near the dam that came out of my pocket Jet Ski'g in Parker if anyone wants to dive for it! :)

HCP3

Reaction score

Water resistant not water proof, but still a great recovery story. I personally wouldn't dunk my $900+ IP68 rated device on purpose.