WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New JK Tie Rod Needed - Advice on which company

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Well, we bent the stock JK tie rod on our trip through the Rubicon last month and it is time to replace it. I don't want to go back to stock as they are weak and costly for whatcha get. So there is my favorite - Rock Krawler, it is big, beefy and proven, but at $500 it is quite a lot. I am interested in Synergy, a 1 3/8 heat treated chrome moly part with proprietary tie rod ends at $300 ish and very interested in the kit from RuffStuff. which has a 1 1/2 chrome moly tube with GM 1 ton truck ends for about $130.

Any opinions on the materials used in any of these?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have the full Currie set up and it's beefy. Cost a ton though.

The synergy prices are really nice typically for a fair price.

Rock krawler makes some nice parts but for some reason ibwant to say there installation and tq sequence to properly seat the part was a pain.....that could have been the older unit

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Cutie. They do some sub work for Carli. Do it right, do it once.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Well, it's official - the Ruffstuff JK tie rod won't clear a Poison Spyder Bombshell Dana 44 diff cover! Anyone in the market for a nice piece of chrome moly?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well, it's official - the Ruffstuff JK tie rod won't clear a Poison Spyder Bombshell Dana 44 diff cover! Anyone in the market for a nice piece of chrome moly?

You have to love Jeeps and all the aftermarket. Just an unlimited amount of WTF? :D:skull