WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Kawasaki SxS

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Kawi SXS.png

https://www.utvguide.net/introducing-the-2020-kawasaki-teryx-krx-1000/

c_land

Reaction score
Badass. Kinda on the heavy side at 1900lbs. Pretty awesome to see more mfg jumping In

Reactions: TPC

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Not bad, always good to have more players on the field, competition breeds success. Without can-am stepping up, we wouldn't have turbo S.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just noticed it is a 60 nice wide machine. Appears that this will be the best 60 inch car on the market. The centrifugal clutch will make it pretty smooth driving I bet.

77charger

Reaction score
Badass. Kinda on the heavy side at 1900lbs. Pretty awesome to see more mfg jumping In
Think most of these SxS are heavier than most think they are.Pretty sure the polaris 2 seaters are in the 1700 range or more wet.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Price point and not having to drop another $2k to $4K on shocks will make or break it.

It's about 200 lbs heavier that the competitors and less HP.
Should have come in at 140+ HP.

112 HP is the rumor.

Last edited:

c_land

Reaction score
Think most of these SxS are heavier than most think they are.Pretty sure the polaris 2 seaters are in the 1700 range or more wet.
Yeah that’s true. But I can for sure notice an extra passenger in my 2 seat xp turbo.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Price point and not having to drop another $2k to $4K on shocks will make or break it.

At 60 inches wide it is probably a class killer for the trail guys.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

After adding a spare tire, tools, bigger wheels/tires and other junk, very likely.

Joe mama

Reaction score
I thought they said 68” wide. Guess I can’t hear anymore just read 59”.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

112 HP is the rumor.

Hopefully if they come out with a long travel version in the near future they will put the 999cc Ninja motor in it. That would spice up the SxS World!!!

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Can not wait to see what Bryan at LTI shows up with. He’s been a major Kawasaki guy since the first Teryx so I’m sure he already has one or two......

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can not wait to see what Bryan at LTI shows up with. He’s been a major Kawasaki guy since the first Teryx so I’m sure he already has one or two......

I’m sure it will be bad ass!!

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
My favorite part is 5 cup holders for a 2 seater!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Hopefully if they come out with a long travel version in the near future they will put the 999cc Ninja motor in it. That would spice up the SxS World!!!
I have that motor in a Jet Ski. It's incredible.

Taboma

Reaction score
Just noticed it is a 60 nice wide machine. Appears that this will be the best 60 inch car on the market. The centrifugal clutch will make it pretty smooth driving I bet.

They list the TRACK @ 59", but the overall width at 68" --- most SXS's are listed as overall width, not track. Not wowed by the 112 HP however.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They list the TRACK @ 59", but the overall width at 68" --- most SXS's are listed as overall width, not track. Not wowed by the 112 HP however.

I didn't see the official spec sheet, it does indeed say 68.1" wide. Odd that the article mentions it is a 59" track.. Track IS the overall width... fake news I guess.

If I had to guess, most people don't want to spend $30K on a turboed 170+HP SXS in areas they can never use the power. Which is why you see the Honda, Yamaha, and the Kawi with NA powerplants.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have always been a kawi fan but I'm not sure that thing looks like it is getting through the bumps like the 2 seat can am or honda offerings.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I have always been a kawi fan but I'm not sure that thing looks like it is getting through the bumps like the 2 seat can am or honda offerings.
It's not always the goal to knock off the leader in the market but capture the niche buyers at an attractive price. With it being tamer it can catch the eyes of the non-competitive types who like to look around as they cruise the trails.

Taboma

Reaction score
I didn't see the official spec sheet, it does indeed say 68.1" wide. Odd that the article mentions it is a 59" track.. Track IS the overall width... fake news I guess.

If I had to guess, most people don't want to spend $30K on a turboed 170+HP SXS in areas they can never use the power. Which is why you see the Honda, Yamaha, and the Kawi with NA powerplants.

I've always understood vehicle track as the centerline distance between tires/wheels, not the overall 'sidewall' width. I'm most pleased with the 130 NA HP of our Wildcat XX. Especially after coming from a 75 HP RZR :D Also like this new Kawi, my Wildcat weighs in a bit over 1,800 lbs and you notice the extra heft. 112 HP might be adequate, but a bit underwhelming in terms of WOW factor. I'd heard rumors of a new big deal Kawi coming, but kinda like the Honda Talon, not quite feeling it. I'll stick with my WC for now, not saying it's perfect, but none are. I found an guy in Havasu who's apparently the Wildcat XX guru for curing the only two bitches I've --- well three really --- I've got.
A cockpit heater I can't shut off :p, a screaming engine and CVT I'd like to knock a few DBs off of, and sitting in a vortex of cockpit dust (Like sitting inside your shop vac :eek:) over 45 mph. Picky, yeah I know, I'm old. Otherwise at least it keeps running (So far) unlike that POS Rzr. :mad:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
It's not always the goal to knock off the leader in the market but capture the niche buyers at an attractive price. With it being tamer it can catch the eyes of the non-competitive types who like to look around as they cruise the trails.

Those people should build a manx or buy a jeep:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Those people should build a manx or buy a jeep:D
20191008_103833.jpg
.:p:D
Guess what? You didn't win a checkered flag for getting there first and we got to see old mine sites and other bitchen shit while you cleaned your eyeballs, twiddled thumbs and waited for us cruisers.
20190209_141513.jpg
You prove my point in regards to not every buyer is looking for the same thing.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I've always understood vehicle track as the centerline distance between tires/wheels, not the overall 'sidewall' width. I'm most pleased with the 130 NA HP of our Wildcat XX. Especially after coming from a 75 HP RZR :D Also like this new Kawi, my Wildcat weighs in a bit over 1,800 lbs and you notice the extra heft. 112 HP might be adequate, but a bit underwhelming in terms of WOW factor. I'd heard rumors of a new big deal Kawi coming, but kinda like the Honda Talon, not quite feeling it. I'll stick with my WC for now, not saying it's perfect, but none are. I found an guy in Havasu who's apparently the Wildcat XX guru for curing the only two bitches I've --- well three really --- I've got.
A cockpit heater I can't shut off :p, a screaming engine and CVT I'd like to knock a few DBs off of, and sitting in a vortex of cockpit dust (Like sitting inside your shop vac :eek:) over 45 mph. Picky, yeah I know, I'm old. Otherwise at least it keeps running (So far) unlike that POS Rzr. :mad:

The first time I let my XX run on the top end I stopped halfway through the pass and panic checked my gauges because I thought we were smoking, took me a bit to realize it was swirling dust. I have heard Robby Gordon's roof with the scoop helps that problem. Let me know if you find the switch to turn the cab heater off!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The first time I let my XX run on the top end I stopped halfway through the pass and panic checked my gauges because I thought we were smoking, took me a bit to realize it was swirling dust. I have heard Robby Gordon's roof with the scoop helps that problem. Let me know if you find the switch to turn the cab heater off!

That cab heater is a feature!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 805144
.:p:D
Guess what? You didn't win a checkered flag for getting there first and we got to see old mine sites and other bitchen shit while you cleaned your eyeballs, twiddled thumbs and waited for us cruisers.
View attachment 805145
You prove my point in regards to not every buyer is looking for the same thing.

Maybe we drove around and saw more bitchen shit while we waited for you? Or we listened to music that people around us found offensive? :)

Taboma

Reaction score

HA HA HA --- running alone with a half windshield and open back, I never had a dust problem with the RZR. In fact we truly enjoyed the RZR until we lost the fuel pump twice leaving us precariously stranded and wifey proclaimed ---- "I'm never riding in that thing again :mad:"
Since we'd been doing more crawling than running breaking in the Wildcat easy, this was the first trip we let-er-fly -- and holy crap :eek: Over 45 mph you could see the dust swirling up from the floor, then it covered the gauges, inside (Not outside) of the windshield and covered the inside of my sunglasses. During the same run we discovered the cab heater set at kill :eek:. Now granted, this winter up at our ranch @ 5k feet and snow on the roads we might be digging it, but not on an 80 degree day.

Not sure if you're located in Havasu or keep your XX there, but this guy I found in Havasu was highly recommended by the dealer and several others as having spent a lot of time finding the cure for these pesky ills. He also makes a lot of cool bags and other accessories.
In a few weeks I'm having him work his magic on mine. It's not one thing cures each issue, it's more like several small things, each helping a bit, but added up, it's a huge improvement.
I'm just going to pay him to install mine, since I don't live in Havasu, but the car does, I'd rather pay him and spend my days ridding not working on it.
He spent a lot of time with me going over his car and what he's done, I was impressed. Another Wildcat XX owner had just dropped off his car for the same issues.
It's not expensive and I'm sure he'd sell you any parts and instructions if you'd rather DYI.

In short, the key to shutting off the cabin heater is insulating the radiator side of the firewall. Then blocking holes around the steering column and a few others. He also makes pads for cabine side of the center console tunnel and a pad for behind the seats. All of these are snap in. If you want to take it a step further, he removes and insulates the inside of the center console tunnel where the engine cooling tubes run.
The dust is largely from the large 2" drain holes in the underbody skid pan. There's four of them and you can use either electrical KO seals or plastic plugs to seal them.
In addition he found that using a certain size mesh across the rear cab opening breaks up the vacuum that's pulling in the dust and causing some to get sucked in from the back. Perhaps plugging the floor holes and using Robbie's roof combo might help as well ?
There's also a few things he does to quiet some of the chattering and rather loud and obnoxious misc engine noise -- however, if you're wearing headsets, then perhaps they're not bothersome ? I'm old and prefer a somewhat quieter environment -- unless I'm in my boat, then let-er-rip !!

I'll try to update or PM you once mine is done.